Name a better album released in the 20th century

Name a better album released in the 20th century

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century
aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/millennium.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Radiohead - Kid A

Most 70s albums, but this one comes to mind first.

>he thinks Radiohead is anything more than overproduced pop music, à la the Beatles
Ask me how I know you're fourteen and an active member of RYM.

Allelujah is better and so is F, hell even Yanqui is better.

Get out of here you bandwagoning faggot.

Boris - Flood

>Kid A
>20th century

>mfw

Not OP, but Im guessing you feel that way because he dares to enjoy music that a normie, somewhere, once listened to.

pic related and future days

Hid A what?

meant to post this, plus lp5 and selected ambient works 85-92

2000 was still the 20th century

U r right

What century are we in right now?

I didn't know, thanks!

>pop music is inherently bad

2000 was 20th century
2001 was 21st

2000 - 1
2001 - 2
2002 - 3
2003 4
2004 - 5
2005 - 6
2006 - 7
2007 - 8
2008 - 9
2009 - 10

there, that is how a decade works. following that logic, the year 2000 was in fact the first year of the 21st century.

But the first century started with 1 AD not 0 AD

Is this some retarded backwards contrarian american meme bullshit?

Actually, its backwards contrarian reddit meme bullshit

The original Kid A

Nop

please kill yourself

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century
>The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001 and will end on December 31, 2100.

aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/millennium.php
Years of the Gregorian calendar, which is currently in use today, are counted from AD 1. Thus, the 1st century comprised the years AD 1 through AD 100. The second century began with AD 101 and continued through AD 200. By extrapolation we find that the 20th century comprises the years AD 1901-2000. Therefore, the 21st century began with 1 January 2001 and will continue through 31 December 2100.

Radiohead took a lot from this album tbqh

Actually, it started with 0, not 0 AD or BC. Year zero is a one-year gap between the two

What the fuck

Nah, Talk Talk did the original Kid A.

>the party's over = pablo honey
>it's my life = the bends
>the colour of spring = ok computer
>spirit of eden = kid a
>laughing stock = amnesiac

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century
morons

>the 00s are partly 20th century
This is the kind of stupid nonsense religion gives us.

Counting the number of the centuries is a dumb practice anyway. Should do like my country and just call it the nineteen hundreds.

this has to be a troll thread holy shit

that's what people do in the US too but a lot of the time in academic texts or papers people will identify it by century

trips confirm

>millenia
000 to 999
>century
01 to 00
>decade
0 to 9

This is definitely american.

>hell even Yanqui is better.

trying too hard

Really Anno Domini is an American thing? You fucking dumbass learn how time works. The 190th decade spans from 1891-1900. If 0 is neither AD or BC then the first millennium would end in 999, the second in 1999 and so on and so forth. It's actually mind boggling that people are unable to figure this out.

Dated measurement systems is definitely an american thing. Just because it originated somewhere else doesn't make it a non-american practice when the rest of the world is going by newer more practical solutions.

it makes sense, except talk talk early albums never were as shitty as pablo honey

What "newer more practical solution" are you using genius?

>my mind is too weak to imagine someone my age enjoying things I dont

Metric, 24 hour days, yyyy-mm-dd, celsius.
Things we have in the developed world, going 0 to 9 fits right in.

>Kid A
>20th century

The Party's Over is pretty shit.

Yeah the US has 24 hour days as well. Sorry you refuse to believe that the year 0 happened, I know it scarred you for life and all but we've gotta overcome our past some day.

>Yeah the US has 24 hour days as well.
>pm
>am
No, you don't.

>Sorry you refuse to believe that the year 0 happened
If year zero happened, 2000 should be 21st century.

12+12=24
sorry to break your heart

Ah yes the infamous 0 AD, oh wait.

/thread

Yeah. Not hard to beat Radiohead, OP.

12+12 is different than a solid 24. You're having twelve hours twice, we go from 00:00 to 23:59.

You do realize that many people in the US, including the military, don't use AM and PM but instead use a 24 hour clock. The 12 hour clock was also developed before the US was settled by Europeans so I don't see what you're getting at.

let's battle!

>The 12 hour clock was also developed before the US was settled by Europeans
>Just because it originated somewhere else doesn't make it a non-american practice when the rest of the world is going by newer more practical solutions.

Then that would make it an ancient-Egyptian practice that Americans adopted, not an American practice.

Congratulations you fucking idiots. You posted 21st century albums

Ok but dividing a day into 2 parts doesn't mean the day is 24 hours. The UK and the Philippines also use 12 hour clocks. If there are 2 parts to the day and each part is 12 hours then the whole day is 24 hours I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

The american practice is holding onto a dated system for no reason.

The problem is dividing 24 in two for no reason.

While I do think us not using things like metrics is fuckin obnoxious, it isn't for no reason.

The amount of money we'd have to spend to replace things like street signs, highway signs, edit literature (scientific and otherwise) is simply too expensive and arduous.

>2000-2099
>21st century
?

I would say it's Let My Children Hear Music by Charles Mingus.

It's got everything that is all encompassing of the 20th century.

The gigantic arrangement courtesy of Sy Johnson.

The variability of technique used by the soloists to display a more organic form of music as is signature with jazz (but with more soloists around so there's more to offer.)

Teo Macero had just come off doing the production from Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, and here he brings it to the next level with all sorts of edits and moving various parts around, being almost like an electronic musician manipulating a sample.

You want melodies? You want rhythms? You want timbre? You want dynamics? You want cerebral depth and complexity without losing human character? You want a piece that is very tight also because of how the electronic signal processing production was done on it?

Well, Let My Children Hear Music has it all.

Honorable Mention to On The Corner by Miles Davis because it is just as all encompassing.

It's a system adopted by the British, why don't you ask your fancy and clearly more superior European brethren why they thought the 12 hour clock was a good idea since Europe is evidently the smartest and most sophisticated place on earth. You really seem lost, man.

Holy shit, this is one of the most retarded threads I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot.

I dunno this guy is a fucking idiot, never met someone who refuted the concept of centuries so adamantly.

did you read the second sentence of the page you got that from

haha I'm an idiot

this one then

this is probably bowie's worst of his great era of the late 60's to early 80's

>2000
>21st century

If, hypothetically, 12:00 am, 0 CE is the beginning of the first century CE, then 12:00 am 2000 CE is the beginning of the 21st century. Anything released after Dec 31 1999 at midnight is 21st century music

>Diamond Dogs
>'Bowie's worst'

pinups and young americans is below it on rym

>RYM
That's even worse.

Also I'm trying to forget the existence of Pinups. Don't remind me of the album that ruined his perfect album streak.

>Kid A
>20th century
Dumbass

>The 20th century was a century that began on January 1, 1901 and ended on December 31, 2000. It was the tenth and final century of the 2nd millennium.

Pet Sounds, or the Lonesome Crowded West

dumb ass comment
5 at lest better- exile o main st; angel dust;astral weeks; bring on the warm jets;ramones 1st

There was no fucking year zero you retard

1 BC was followed by 0
1 AD was preceded by 0
how fucking autistic are you, please blow your barely functioning brains out tonight you mentally ill shit stain of a human being.

lee hates this album