Which musician's death upset you the most?

Which musician's death upset you the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Wp2ASqyxI
youtube.com/watch?v=STA36QgxdB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

On this day 2 years ago I bought all of his albums and I loved (almost) all of them when I listened through them.

It's the first musicians death that ever affected me.

And I still can't believe he's gone.

Keith Emerson's because of the way he left this world.

Franz Schubert

Bowie. Although Emerson affected me much more than I thought it would.

david byrne in 5 years time

Aren't there rumors that Clemons was using steroids, which may have contributed to heart failure and his fatal stroke?

Feel you man.

Lemmy of the already dead, but when Iommi is gonna die I know that I'm not gonna feel okay.

I know i wasn't around back then but i still feel depressed as fuck whenever i think about his death. I plan on visiting his grave in June.

My man Iggy.
oh, wait...
soon ;_;

He died on my birthday. I had never even heard a single ELP song. I still haven't, they seem boring as fuck

for wanting more music probably elliott smith because he never put out a bad album
otherwise alan vega

eunb

The one that hit me hardest.

I remember the day he passed like it was yesterday. I saw many Dead shows between 85 and 90. Stopped going when Brent died, but I did see a few shows in 93 and 94. My last run was MSG in Fall 94. The encore for the last show was Brokedown Palace, and I think everyone left with the feeling that that was the true end of the Grateful Dead.

dubs confirm

I don't even know

Most who have passed when I knew them have been ready to go

I'm old enough to remember Frank Zappa dying - I saw the news when I was sneaking past my bedtime to watch more MTV, so it feels important still.

I've seen heroes fall - Reed, Bowie, Ornette, Cohen - none of them have felt difficult. They created enough.

Guitar was the first instrument I really played - there will be tears when Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page and Mark Knopfler depart. I owe so much to all of them in what I know in playing music.

Who upset me the mos so fart, though? I think it was Zappa - still learning what he knew, still coming to grips with understanding the music and understanding the life.

Meryle Haggard and soon Glen Campbell will be gone :(

his recent stuff isn't that good, but I will be so devastated when Mark Knopfler is gone

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Wp2ASqyxI

the most stylish guitar player to walk this earth so far - I owe him so much

Probably Broadcast's Trish Keenan. Complete shock.

RIP Trish

youtube.com/watch?v=STA36QgxdB0

Cohen by far

I remember reading the announcement on warp :(

crazy she died from swine flu

Peter Steele
Even now it still upsets me

it tore me up
it's especially tragic since he had just gotten clean and was about to record a new album, but it wasn't enough to save him in the end
though reading some of the stories it's astounding he lived that long and got clean at all

I feel really sad that Cohen has passed, but somewhat at ease. I think he was ready, and he lived such a wondrous and full life. I doubt many will ever reach his quality of lyrics, but it is truly a treasure to the world that we have his.
Bowie's death was really sad. You could tell he didn't want to die. He was such a legend, and one of my first music loves. I really miss him and feel the world was robbed of what he would have done as a really old man.

But, Elliott Smith's death hit me the hardest of all the ones I had been alive for. Maybe a lot of it was in retrospect after realizing how much his work meant to me and how much more was lost when he died. Very surreal when I heard about it and it took some time to process it. He was such a monstrously talented individual.

>32
>Schubert died on his 32nd birthday

It makes me sad to think about the amazing things he could have composed if he lived, and I know for sure there would have been great things.

The Beastie Boys are the only band that I've liked for my entire life. MCA was always my favorite member. His death was and continues to be the only time I've cried due to a celebrity dying.

>accidentally drowning in the fucking Mississippi River

wtf jeff

Elliott's death was fucking devastating for me. I can't really hear his music, to this day.

my favorite artist. i was pretty young when he died, didn't know about him back then. it sucks to know that ill never get to meet him or see him live, tell him about what his music did for me, etc.

RIP

Peter Steele and Jerry Garcia were terrible, but pic related was devastating.

why would any musician's death upset you

:(
i remember listen to gris and courses and i loved them both so much. i cant image what phil is going through right now

(((((accidentally)))))

Lou Reed
Euronymous
Peter Steele
David Bowie

In that order

Kek

Phife Dawg

Most posthumously overrated artist ever.
He died with nothing but potential.

Probably John Lennon's death. I was born several years after he was killed, but got obsessed with the Beatles when I was 11.

I was listening to them one day and reading "A Spaniard in the Works". I looked at his face on the cover and started crying. It was the first time I realized what death was and how sad it is.

yes

the fucks on /r/deathgrips that sit around in their underwear and listen to ON GP all day are probably going to die before Ride

Wife beating animal.

This.
I'm so glad Lennon is dead and I'm so glad Ringo is still alive, I just can't wait for Paul to kick the bucket, insufferable prick.

Getting shot is a shitty way to die though. It's not like he had an extended illness or disease or even died of old age. He was suddenly shot to death.

It's a tragic way to die. Like, it's not even like a "whoops I had an accident and died", but just a dude planning your death and then going through with it.

RIP to Dimebag too

David Bowie is the only musician whose death genuinely make me cry.

Which would you rather die from, a long miserable battle with cancer, or a loud noise and a few seconds of shock and pain? Lennon got better than he deserved.

I don't think you read anything I said

>Lennon got better than he deserved.
Edgy.

ugh this one hit me hard too. Paul's Boutique is one of the first albums I ever loved that wasn't some kind of dadrock.

Checked and kek'd.
But seriously, I would rather be surprised and shot dead in the street than most other ways to die I can think of.

James Brown, that discog took forever.

Lennon death sucked.

When he was murdered was probably the kindest person he'd ever been

It pains me that i only got into his music after his death

There's more to dying than just the act of being dead though, you know? I'd rather have an illness and know I'm going to die, so I can finish things and say goodbye to people before I go.

That's just, like, my opinion though.

Pimp C.

Bowie's music meant a lot to me since I was a teenager. I bonded with one of my best friends over him. And he was my gateway into a lot of other music.

It was the first celebrity death that actually got to me. I felt like he had been some kind of guiding spirit in my life and it was hard to believe he was gone.

MCA's is the only one I cried over because of all the childhood memories I had listening to the Beastie Boys

I said it was gunna be Cohen.

And man... it was definitely Cohen.

At least you found 20-something albums of great music :)

I remember this one the most because I lost my virginity the day after.

Didn't care much for Bowies death even though I loved him.

Didn't care much for Lou Reeds death even though I liked his music.

But I feel like I'm going to cry the day he moves on.