What is the most useful science people should study at least a little bit? Is it physics?

What is the most useful science people should study at least a little bit? Is it physics?

gender studies

food science

seriously. Know what you are putting in your mouth (other than dick)

Biology

Lesbian dance theory

Tbh studying is for nerds.

Most useful.... probably medicine. It's unreal how little people know about the vessel they experience life with. Shouldnt you at least know something about your body and how to take care of it? Or know when a doctor is an idiot rater than take some of their bad advice as dogma.

Don't knock it until you try it. Nothing like a scissor after a sweaty dance class.

Yeah but then you are one of those fucking assholes who argues with drs and nurses and acts like you know more than them

I correctly diagnosed my own kidney disease after a two years of disagreeing with my nephrologist who was absolutely certain that his original incorrect diagnosis was right........what you need to understand are that many Dr's are overworked and apathetic. They dont think about you after you leave there office and put very little thought into your case. That's why you should educate yourself.

What country do you live in?

On top of that I dislocated my shoulder last week. While I was in the emergency room right after I told the doc that I had kidney disease she offered me advil for the pain. Advil is very bad for the kidneys especially if you have kidney disease. I told her that and then she said " oh yeah I forgot"

Canada.

Dont they get in trouble for that shit? So like the fear of losing the license they worked so hard to get would make them be sure to get a correct diagnosis. I went to the Dr. for a parathyroid issue and they were super thorough. Ran every single test they could think of to make sure they knew what the issue was. Regaardless of how rare the condition they were testing for was.

>M A T H E M A T I C S
>A
>T
>H
>E
>M
>A
I
>C
>S

That's Suprising, I also live in Canada and have had nothing but good experiences with doctors, I had a urologist who was usless but he wasn't wrong over all

I know doctor apathy is common in the US because it's a for profit system but I don't hear it very often in Canada.

Guess you should get a new doctor.

>studying math just to study math

Dont agree with OP. But physics is superior.

Electronics is handy on a daily basis. Or biology.

Carpentry

I guess I could have raised and issue with the college of physicians. But if you know anything about the college they're more about protecting Dr's than they are patients. They dont want people knowing they give licences to inept people.

Fuck off Jesus.

Pic just gave me an aneurysm

That's a trade not a science

But yes that is something more people should study.

Physicist here. It's not. Both are shit for regular folks. Technical engineering would be superior, probably electronics.

Anatomy, followed by Medicine and Biology. Shit will save your fucking life.

It's the opposite. Candian doctors are apathetic because they know the public doesn't have much choice. My experience is that they guard health care dollars as if it comes out of their own pocket and if you want a higher standard of care you're out of luck. In the US you at least have the option of paying for a higher standard and they have to make you happy because they operate like a business.

Intro to bio, intro to physics, intro to philosophy.

Bio life, physics for numbers, Phil as the application of logic in all things in humanities.

Anthropology, it covers all the bases, very useful

Roofing is very handy.

Mechanical engineering

Like I said. I dont agree with the OP. I would go with anatomy/biology. But I would still rank physics above mathematics. I mean how is studying purely mathematics better than physics?

>studying math just to study math
In my university math looks kinda like this:
1. year: basics which are needed in most science fields
2. year: basics which are needed in most math fields
3+ year: the crazy stuff

The first year is for physicists and mathematicans with physics as minor exactly the same.

This.

Math is about learning how to think. You get a deeper understanding about how the world works and it becomes much easier for you to deal with other science.
So it would be the perfect basis. If someone's interested in e.g. physics or electronics he can than teach it by himself. Is just like the proverb:

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Also I'm also electronics amateur. It's neat but I don't have great advantages in my life.

social dynamics

I'd say Applied Chemistry probably.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

>learning physics by oneself

Lmao, that gives us the wonderful pseudointellectuals emailing labs with their crackpot hypothesis that become our lab jokes.

Gooby plz.

Math is great, though. It's disappointing more people don't enjoy it, because it is logic in its purest form. Physics makes you more grounded in reality, tho. So w/e

Ecology or earth systems science if I'm allowed to be that general. A lot of people don't have an accurate worldview.

Yeah, ecology is a great area to study to get a real grasp of systems thinking

I'd say Stats.