Manual or automatic, Sup Forums?

manual, because im not a woman

this

End of discussion
no more reply needed
Own automatic = don't know how to drive stick

CVT

can't drift in auto and car drives for you

Automatic. If you drive a manual, you're a hipster doucher who enjoys artisanal mayonnaise made from locally sourced ingredients.

>this

anything else would be uncivilized

Who let this faggot reply

Having owned both, I'd rather have an automatic. Just less thought process needed during rush hour traffic.

That said, there is nothing like fucking around with a manual.

Manual, because better fuel economy, control over your own car, and genuinely fun if people just learn how.

Automatic.

Easier to smoke in, and more relaxing.

>mfw open gated shifter

jävla horor. eller? Jag tycker om öl

>thinking about shifting
lol, wut?

How's the mayo?

gtfo swedecuck

Clutchless manuals are fun too. Ease of an automatic and most come with fancy paddle shifters that make it easier on you to shift instead of "clutch in, off gas, shift to next gear, clutch out, on gas, repeat".

Manual most of the time but automatic has its uses, for example if you're an americuck you drive
automatic and if you're anything else then you drive manual

Oh look its this thread again

13 speed manual

Manuel so much more fun to play around with.

ITT: Americunts boasting about having learnt a simple skill that the rest of the world mastered as teenagers.

What the fuck do you drive? A Semi?

yeah lol Im a local Truck driver

Yooo nigguh, håll käften din jävla hora! Jag slår skiten ur dig 1v1 ird på rust

Figured because only transmissions I know with that many gears are big rigs and semis n shit. Hell supercars are making their way up there. New Corvette stingrays have 8 speed automatics in them.

Once you're over the novelty, paddle shifters are nowhere near as fun or engaging as a stick shift and are fucking garbage for slow moving traffic.

Driving a manual in this day and age is like writing in cursive. It's completely fucking useless.

Paddle shifters are just an option, I meant SAT's in general.

Semis can be 6(very old ones) all the way to 18 speeds. I have heard of a 21 from Euro for extreme heavy hauling But dont know much about it. 18 is way over kill in my book, and will pull just about anything you want. 13 is just right, drie it like a 10 speed with over driver.

I drive electric it has one gear. I don't have to buy gas though so fuck ya'll.

Manual ofc, I'm not a retarded paraplegic excuse for an human being like 99% of auto users

So wrong

Automatic for daily driving/work truck.
Manual for fun, spirited driving on the twisties.
Paddle shifters for optimal road course time
Automatic for drag racing.

Run out of electricity yet?

Nope.

Didn't know that. I'm not too big into big trucks and such. More into old muscle cars and cruisers from the 40's and 50's.

automatic, because my car isn't an extension of my dick.

I love the old muscles myself. I had a 1970 Mustang Boss when I was younger, loved that car, Wide body, lots of power.
Had a chance to own a 1960 and a half Drop top Galaxy one time and I kick myself in the ass for not getting it, had the 490 in it, Big fucking car.

automatic. will learn manual when my friend fixes his car. will manual cars get me more bitches?

this, except for the racing part.

Did you run out of autism yet?

Not gated, that's for sure. My Cheetos always fall in there and it's a mess. Crunchy upshifts for weeks until it is crushed into a fine powder.

Rn I am content with what I have. I got a 1952 Plymouth Cambridge and a 1967 Chevy c10. The Cambridge I already had restored when I was 18 and I'm still working on my truck to get it restored and I'm 23 now. Both drive though, even if my truck isn't necessarily legal yet, what with the busted tailights and the lack of a working parking brake.

If you don't get any bitches right now? Not at all.

Volvo > Kenworth just saying lol. Im a Volvo man. Own a 2007 780. Love that truck, shops hate it lol.

Manual because its way more fun.

Any of you actually old enough to drive or just ego boosting?

Enjoy dropping a gear when drag racing in a 700 HP car.

>2016
>21st fucking century
>OWNING A CAR LIKE A FUCKING NIGGER

Seriously, only rural trash and faggot Americans care about cars.

>manual, because im not a woman
/ Thread

I would love to have the money to go older, I knew a guy that had a bunch of Hudson Hornets in his junkyard, would need 3 or 4 of them to rebuild one of them though. You cant beat the old cars, anything before the 80s was a car. Unless it is a DMC, then Ill take one of them too lol

Volvos are nice until something breaks on you in the middle of Nebraska and nobody within 1000mi has the parts.

At least it's not an International. Freightliners aren't quite as bad but still kinda suck.

Some1 got a bad case of da edge wedgy..

There's absolutely no reason for driving a stick nowadays. Give me one fucking advantage of a stick over an automatic other than it being "more fun", which is a matter of personal preference anyways.

This. You have to be a real loser to operate heavy machinery by yourself each day.
>sit in comfy train
>sip coffee
>read paper
>pass losers stuck in traffic and roadrageing

1988 Fireboid
V8 5.0
5 speed
Shit is a blast to drive even if I only have the base TBI 5.0E engine.

Automatics are just great in stop n go traffic. But banging through gears is heaven.

Anyone here can shift without using out the clutch?
Tricky but satisfying.

DMC's we're made cool by Back to the future. In all honesty their ECU's we're complete trash and the engine was about the only reliable part of the car. In fact they we're prone to screwing up and locking you inside your own car because the ECU was so unreliable.

Semi-automatic

>floating the gears
I do it all day in this

AI driving- because faster reaction times, allows for renegotiation's of speed limits and acceptable vehicle behaviour. Its not racing and ghosting, if the machines chat about it before doing wild things.

I for once welcome our new robotic overlords leaving those animals in boxes on wheels in the dust.

Nebraska!? Fuck you for living in a literal wasteland and expecting modern conveniences.

if you're not skilled enough to not drop a gear, then don't race in a 700hp car...

Manual, always. No problem with autos, they are actually better for 4 wheeling, but I prefer manual.
And nobody steals a manual, not that anyone would steal my rare piece of shit-mobile.

Cheaper to replace worn parts like transmission.
Plus downshifting and engine braking saves brake wear.
Boom *mic drop*

yeah, when I got the truck the person before me did not take care of it. it was in the shop about every week getting something fixed. Volvos are one of them trucks as soon as something goes wrong get it to the shop. One senor on it can control 100 other things. One night I drove from Norht Platt NE to Kansas City non stop in 10th gear, The Trans(its an auto not my choice I want to replace it but money) Stopped shifting. I was on the phone calling place after place to get it in, Westfall in KC was the only place open and that could get it in(I ran an account out of Topeka anyways so I was headed there). Once I got 99% of it working and fixed right, it has been a great truck, Ive got a lot of after market stuff on it, By-pass filters, Cold Air coolers etc. I couldnt really ask for anything better. I would trade it off for a Cab over though lol. 1st truck I drove was a Freightshaker Cabover.

>less thought process needed during rush hour traffic
M8 when driving manual the shifts come by instinct, you don't have to think what shift comes next, you just do it.

>sit in comfy car
>AC set just right
>no smelly bums sitting right across from me
>sip my coffee
>shitpost on my phone
>smoke blunts and cigs to my liking
>traffic just gives me an excuse to be 10min late for work and listen to an extra segment of my morning sports talk radio show

This

Niice. Cool cockpit

by thought process you mean clutch-calf-exhaustion

While you've no doubt got plenty to spare, I won't accept your kind offer to top up.

Now go stress out some more about your rapidly depleting battery. Turn off the radio, you can't afford it!

Manual for fun, automatic for work.

yup, The motor was underpowered too, to get the car like in the movie they changed out the motor. The wire form the trans to the shifter broke a lot too. Im glad DMC Dallas was able to fix all of that, If I had a 100k I would put my name on the list for the 2017 DMC coming out. They where a pos but that body style. Nothing else like it.

They are also more fuel efficient.

That's how it goes. Most people I talk to with Volvos, especially owners who take care of them, rarely have issues.

Style is everything

Never go full retard

Not so much anymore since companies are making 7-8 speed automatics. Manuals were more fuel efficient in the past because you had 5-6 gears instead of 3-4 in the auto and the manuals had a much higher top gear so highway cruising was easier on the fuel.

I wanna do something really dumb. I wanna take and old ass beetle and do a 427 motor swap on it and see where that takes me. Ive always wanted to do something like that.

>>no smelly bums sitting right across from me
>because you live in a 3rd world country where you have to hide from bums in your car
>>sip my coffee
>suddenly have to react to idiot driver, spill coffee
>or sip it casually while wasting valuable time stuck in traffic
>>shitpost on my phone
>get pulled over and ticketed
>or, again, be stuck in traffic wasting valuable time
>>smoke blunts
>get pulled over and ticketed
>or crash and die
>>traffic just gives me an excuse to be 10min late for work and listen to an extra segment of my morning sports talk radio show
>get fired for being late all the time
truly it's the life

Ha my sandwiches taste better

Manual, because I enjoy the control.

You're retarded.

depends on the car.
Never go without the habit of reaching down to check the gear though.

Its a small change but still somewhat a benefit. Right now the norm for cars as far as manuals go is 5-7 gears.

yup, have too. The truck is great thought, Very nice insides, the 4 person table was a huge selling point to me, Air ride on all three axles inc the Steers.
I found a pic of her, Right before I bought it.

ITT: people saying they drive manual because most people don't

driving stick isn't hard, it's just extra work you don't have to do anymore. Why are people complaining, I'm French and never drive stick anymore because auto is easier

dude, but those cars dont have a clutch pedal.
>Not manual
>Not man

From completely untrained, about how long does it take to learn manual to a fair degree of competence?

To each their own.

you get dumb shit like this though going down the road lol

>get pulled over
>crash and die
>get fired
Hasn't happened yet. I'll enjoy my comfy car, adjusting the seat just right so I can steer with my knees and shitpost with both hands.

automatic is gay

>1880+136
>not making your own

that montero is pretty boss

manual is more fun.

/thread

you can bitch about how its more work or how auto is for pussies but its really just more fun if ur a car guy.

U,ll be fine in a week or two of practice.
I,ve been manual for years and I still find new tricks tho.

Still better than Internationals