His favorite album is rated less than 7.5/10 by Scaruffi

>his favorite album is rated less than 7.5/10 by Scaruffi
Is there a bigger pleb detector? I guffaw whenever a normie tells me how great some 7/10 Beatles record or 5/10 Radiohead record is.

Other urls found in this thread:

radio.adelaide.edu.au/interview-with-piero-scaruffi/
scaruffi.com/know/herstory.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herstory
youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agreed user.
My favourite rock album is in his top 10 cause i'm a patrician.

>Is there a bigger pleb detector?
Yes, this:
>he takes his musical opinions from a biased, braindead liberal

Having to put numerical ratngs before an album is nutty and reductive. You're better off judging each meal you intake based on calories than listening to music sir/madam

Yes
>his favorite album is rated by scaruffi
Found the rock pleb.

It's more like where they sit on a bell curve scale based on rankings'

What happened to that guy who said he'd interview Scaruffi on an australian radio show a few days back?

It was like 3 weeks ago. I'm interested too

>Scaruffi
>liberal

lol

You missed the thread a couple days ago. Here's the link:

radio.adelaide.edu.au/interview-with-piero-scaruffi/

>He has a favorite album
Wtf lol

He's a gun-grabbing, feminist, globalist shill. He seems pretty liberal to me - unless you consider pro globalism a faux liberal position

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music).

By the way, 7/10 is a good score by Scaruffi
Ratings: 10=best album ever; 9=rock masterpiece; 8=buy it now; 7=buy it eventually; 6=buy it if you are a fan

8 is an amazing album

Didn't know he's a right winger.

>his favorite album was rated
can you be any more of a fucking poseur?

>gun-grabbing

true, but this is more because of cultural differences rather than actual liberal beliefs. remember he isn't American so he doesn't understand gun culture.

>feminist

lol how? what do you base this on at all?

>globalist shill

maybe, I don't really know much about globalism.

but I don't see him as a liberal because he is anti-gay marriage and openly critical of black culture in ways that liberals would NEVER be. he is also very AGAINST political correctness. and he viewed Hillary and Trump as basically equally evil.

Did that one user do his interview yet?

Also he gave my favourite an 8. I feel dirty now.

Globalism just means global capitalism

>globalist
I don't understand how this is an insult. Globalism isn't even a choice anymore, it's literally a requirement to exist in the world currently. Or do you want to go all North Korea on your country?

7/10 Beatles record. Kek.
Even a shit Beatles record still rates at like an 8 when judged in a level way with other bands.

The Beatles are bad and you should feel bad for liking them.

I mean take A moon shaped pool, which really only had one good new song and a bunch of remixes. Compared to Let it be which has like 4 #1 hits and is still considered one of their weakest albums.

*and AMSP is rated frequently as an 8

It's just the Trump supporters way of being mad at capitalism fucking their shit up. They don't see capitalism as bad but only the global aspect. The Soviet union was national capitalist so that's quite ironic.

You just have a shitty soul

Atleast i don't listne to the fucking beatles

>their shit up
>their
You do realize that outsourcing and uncontrolled immigration hurts poor black communities more than rural whites right? I guess black lives don't matter after all.

Who the fuck cares about the rating? It's about personal enjoyment.

>personal enjoyment
kek

>personal enjoyment

Thanks, man.

>feminist
>lol how? what do you base this on at all?
scaruffi.com/know/herstory.html

??? What is this supposed to prove?

You can't use the term "herstory" without being a feminist. Even Scaruffi would agree that he is a feminist.

>Herstory is history written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told from a woman's point of view.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herstory

He asked some stupid questions in the interview and really just wasted his time. I wish he would've asked why he doesn't rate jazz music given that he rates so many other types of music.

>it has a wikipedia article so it's true!!

>"You can't use the term "herstory" without being a feminist"

okay so you're basically a fucking retard

he named his article that because the article is literally a history of women. it's not some campaign slogan or something, it's practically a literal meaning.

also please direct me to the section of Scaruffi's site where he says he is a feminist.

>Americans talking politics
I laff everytime

"Herstory" is a feminist pun to remove to replace "his" with "her" from " history". It's clearly feminist propaganda, you nitwit.

do you have a source for this?

to me it just seems tongue in cheek

holy kek

Who is that hipster?

He said in another interview because real analyses on jazz or classical have been done before instead of rock music
youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew

Maybe you should. It's time to stop rebelling against your parents.

Why are there age limits? why can't i marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25 (lowest chances of miscarriage, of birth defects and, last but not least, of the woman dying while giving birth); while the worst age is after the mid 30s. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to cement a real friendship with your children; the older you are, the more likely that the "generational gap" will hurt your children's psychology. Therefore it is much more natural to have a child at 16 than at 40. In countless countries of the world women have their first child at a very young age, and stop having children at a relatively young age. Nonetheless, in the USA it is illegal to have sex before 18 (but, note, only if the partner is over 18, which is like saying that it is ok to rob a bank if you are a banker), while it is perfectly legal to get pregnant at 40 or (thanks to medical progress) even at 70.

Hey, i did the interview. Youre right I asked some "eh" questions, in the thread i posted i explained it a bit. I had a huge list of questions (and about jazz) but he told me a few hours earlier he could only chat for 20 mins, so i had to totally change everything and kinda left me asking random questions instead of flowing ones.

On my show this saturday im gonna play some scaruffi approved songs, too.

>using ratings from Scaruffi as a sign of quality
>Scaruffi, who doesn't consider himself a critic and has written that all his reviews are just notes about something and how much he liked it
If I like something a lot it doesn't make it good, it means it appeals to me. I also have far more credentials as far as objective criticism goes than Scaruffi so, by the logic you've presented, because I really enjoyed Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's second album when it came out it is a patrician record, but since I'm not really into Merzbow he's trash for plebs.
That's the same argument.

Now, I could present actual, rational and unbiased reviews of albums by both of the above and place them wehre they belong (both around a 7/10 with regard to themselves - though I'm barely familiar with Merzbow so I may be being slightly unfair to him)... But I'm not going to because you told me that my preferences make everything I like officially the best and most patrician.

>tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art
I think it's important to remember, everyone, that there is no 'a art' or 'an art'. There is 'art' and it can be accomplished through any medium, but not every work in a given medium is art. A painting can be an artwork, not every painting is art though. Art can be achieved through sound and music, but it's unlikely for music to be art unless it's made with the express purpose of being art and most, if not all, recorded music is made to be an album, to be for sale. It's a commodity first and foremost and therefore it's intentions are distracted.

Guaranteed scruffy hasn't listened to my favorite album. Or my second favorite. Or my third favorite. The fourth is Feels though, so if that's where you start counting then sure, I'm a pleb

>it's a retarded American thinks liberals are left wing episode

don't delude yourself into believing you know anything about music

there's no point to it

also OP is b8ing m8