Bands where crazy shit has happened to them, but their music is still good

Bands where crazy shit has happened to them, but their music is still good.

pic sort of related
The 1970 bassist hijacked a plane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VI3NaLadm2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=sBPzmM9zluk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_34Jq5pTDSU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sort of unrelated, but there's a joke that goes round that anybody who claims they saw their '77 show is lying, because everyone was dead by their third song from all that noise

nice

Is there a documentary about them? Is anything known about the other members of them band except some vague information about Mizutani?

Not OP, but as far as I am aware, there are a few documentaries that talk about the noise scene in general, but I don't think there are any specifically focusing on LRD.

A lot of the information presented about LRD (read: Mizutani Takashi, he was LRD) in English is...a bit off.

There weren't a lot of people who were very close to him, and he purposefully tried to act as a sort of 'folk hero', whatever that may be. He was a recluse, and even went into 'hiding', for awhile.

He may have more of a fan base in the west than in Japan, in all honesty. I can't find anyone here (in Japan) who can say much of him, but can speak volumes of somewhat similiar figures.

A few information on noteable former members (that I'm aware of) (also a note should be made about membership of LRD - it never lasted long for anyone)

One of the former members is guitarist Yamaguchi Fujio, A half Japanese/brit guitarist, who got his start playing in a band called "Murahachibu'. They were proactive as hell, much to public discontent. Unfortunately, their music wasn't very interesting. At any rate, he played alongside Mizutani from 80-81, and most notably appeared on the 'Double Heads' recordings. Yamaguchi by himself never made interesting music, but his performance on Double Heads is outstanding. Once again, unfortunately, he was murdered in 2013 when he was punched by a foreigner outside of a bar.

Another notable person who I'm pretty sure played with LRD (this time in the 70s, specifically 76) is Yoshizawa Motoharu. Bass player. I don't know much about him. He's played with almost every Japanese underground artist alive. Most notably Kaoru Abe.

I'm sure there are more notable people who played with them, LRD was around for a very, very long time. Mizutani made it his goal to appear as an obscure recluse, who would drop in random shows unannounced. There's not as much information out as a lot of people would like, not in English, nor Japanese

Was getting caught part of his plan?

raped by her producer

LRD so mysterious, so esoteric. Mizutani such a man of mystery and mystique, such crazy characters.
Truly a band only for the most elite of the elite listeners. I am proud to have given them all five stars on RYM. I am proud that I am SUPERIOR.

G.I.S.M.'s frontman is literally insane.

>ran into their audience with a flamethrower
>ran into their audience with a chainsaw
>would randomly pull people from the audience and beat them bloody with a club
>threw a sheet of glass into the audience and broke it over peoples' heads
>randomly attacked and disfigured businessman with a makeshift spray-can flamethrower on a subway
>bit off the thumb of a journalist who just wanted to interview him
>drove his fucking truck through his own audience
>randomly interrupted a nationally televised live pop music performance and started screaming "DIE DIE DIE" and picking a fight with one of the singers
>set off fireworks into his own audience
>beat people with chairs

not as much crazy as tragic as fuck but still highly unlikely to have so much bad shit happen to you

savage

fucking lost it

Never forget.

>but their music is still good
>their music is still good
>music is still good
>is still good
>still good
>good

what happened to jackson?

>the anniversary of the Bataclan massacre
>no-one's mentioned EoDM

you all know the story

Why the fuck didn't he get imprisoned?

I'm pretty sure he did

>be a burn victim
>get a guitar
>go insane
>get shot in the fucking eye
>die at 56
a fuckton of more stuff

Do you know anything interesting about Keiji Haino? For such an internationally renown person I haven't really heard anything interesting about his personal life beyond that they apparently play his music on those game shows to annoy people.

Can you translate some lines from some LRD songs. I'd be forever thankful.

Poseurs are so cringeworthy.

A rough guide to Jackson C Frank's shit life:
>have boiler at school explode, killing your girlfriend, classmates and leaving you with severe burns for the rest of your life
>go to England to record an album with the money you eventually get as compensation
>suffer such bad stage fright that you can't even have Paul Simon who is producing the album watch you as he's recording it
>start to lose the plot mentally
>suffer severe writer's block
>go back to America because your money is running out
>come back two years later, now even more depressed and unconfident
>go back to America again because things aren't going great
>get married to a former model and have a child
>things are looking good for once
>child dies of cystic fibrosis
>get so depressed you have to be institutionalised
>resort to begging friends for help to survive
>move back in with parents
>in a last-ditch attempt go to New York to try and get Paul Simon to help
>end up with no money and sleeping on the sidewalk
>end up going in and out of mental institutions
>get diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia
>end up with a thyroid malfunction and put on shitloads of weight
>someone finally tries to help you get your career back on track
>at this point you've completely lost all ability to perform due to all the shit that's happened to you
>get shot in the eye and blinded by some dickhead
>bloke from earlier decides to give you a chance even though you're in a state, so invites you to Woodstock
>album and some demos get re-issued or released for the first time
>die of pneumonia and cardiac arrest not long after

Thank you for your insight. As far as I can see, Asians have always been pushing music in new directions and were always keen on experimenting, aside from obviously being very proficient at it. I haven't listened to noise rock before, but when I decided to listen to Les Rallizes Dénudés I was blown away. Their sound is harsh, screeching, but beautiful and cleansing at the same time. Do you have any recommendations for similar (not necessarily noise rock artists) and interesting artists from Asia? I'm in for jazz, jazz fusion, zeuhl, progressive rock, ambient, etc.

Damn, that's just as bad as poor Blind Willie Johnson.

poor lad

why did people keep going to his shows?

Imagine you are disenfranchised Japanese youth. Your future is either becoming an overworked salaryman that works himself to death, leaving the country, or living in extreme poverty. Why not do live while you can?

>be me, Jackson C Frank
>chillin' in March, 11 years old
>got a qt3.14 gf, Marlene
>bday March 2, everything's great
>wonder what the next month will have in store for me as I go to school March 31
>furnace explodes at school
>where's Marlene.flac
>15 classm8s dead, including gf
>survive, but get burns on >50 % of my body
>teacher brings guitar at hospital, pass time playing
>21 years old, 1965 - fucked up over furnace explosion
>get insurance check, 110,500 $
>go to England, meet Paul Simon who produces my album
>1966, too depressed, go back to USA
>return in 1968, depressed, no self-confidence, no job, no money
>return to Woodstock, NY
>marry former model, yay
>get son and daughter, things lookin' up
>son dies of cystic fibrosis
>even more depressed, get committed to mental institution
>begging friends for aid
>late 80's live with parents
>shitsucks.mp3
>run away from home to find Paul Simon in NYC
>don't find him, end up homeless
>fan discovers me in early 90's
>try to play for him on my shitty 10 $ guitar
>voice is shot, can't sing or play
>sitting on a bench in Queens, enjoying nature
>ow, wtf?
>shot and blinded in left eye
>some kids misfiring their BB gun
>move back to Woodstock once again
>record some demos, maybe I can make a comeback
>March 2, 1999
>bday, turn 56
>March 3, 1999
>die of pneumonia and cardiac arrest
;_;

Not him, but you should check out Shizuka.

ah shit, beat me to it user

Did you know that Shizuka is somewhat famous in Japan for being a dollmaker?

I've read that on a blog. How well known were they?

Thank you very much. I really enjoy her voice. I've read a YouTube comment saying that she killed herself. Did she really?

Sadly yes. In 2010 she killed herself. I'd like to know why tho.

Damn it... Why? That voice. Didn't she enjoy what she had? They're also too obscure to know much about them, right?

he sounds a bit like the vocalist of katharsis
youtube.com/watch?v=VI3NaLadm2Y

youtube.com/watch?v=sBPzmM9zluk

They're obscure af. Maybe if you were In Tokyo in the 90s and really into underground music, you'd know more. Bands like these fascinate me as a European.

bump dont die

>he was murdered in 2013 when he was punched by a foreigner outside of a bar
WTF???

>Bands like these fascinate me as a European.
As a European, they fascinate me too. Any more recommendations?

Also Mizutani played with Shizuka once.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_34Jq5pTDSU

this

I only recently got into Japnoise. I'd also like to get some recs for some folky, shoegaizy, noisy music.

I was gonna post this but you beat me to it.

Also it's crazy how much Shizuka has been talked lately on this board.

I discovered them yesterday from a thread and have been fascinated with them.

Also, peep my copy of this.

holy fuug

I think I've missed it. Care to post a link to it?

And what about his actual music? Nevermind, you don't need to answear, I can guess the quality. See, that's my problem with this kind of faggot.

Yeah, I remember I discovered Heavenly Persona back in late 2014 on a really nice thread about obscure albums. It was also the same thread where I discovered some of my favorite albums of all time (See: Let's Play Domination by World Domination Enterprises, Betti Cola by Cub, and Vampire State Building by Alcatraz).

I remember it was around 3 AM that night when I downloaded it. I put headphones on, started playing it, and boy it was amazing. That opening track with all that fucking noise is just so amazing, especially when Shizuka just randomly pops in with that little poem or whatever it is. The other 6 songs are interesting since they aren't similar to the opener, and they're so minimal with their chords, yet so melodic. Such a good record.

I wish they'd had enough money to record more records :(

>And what about his actual music
Very influential and one-of-a-kind 80s crust punk that did a lot of things in heavier, much more extreme rock first. one of the first rock bands to borrow heavily from industrial music and were probably the heaviest thing in the genre until Swans came along.

Ye but EoDM sucks ass lol

thank you

>hey look, they're discussing music that interests them

Try to be less tip next time ktnx

ok i'll try

>Also it's crazy how much Shizuka has been talked lately on this board.

can't wait for tryhard posers to run them into the ground as well

poor guy

bump
go back to /r/cringe

She only fucked black guys.

She doesn't have any underwear on, does she?

It's a black and white picture, so it could just be cameltoe
Also, I'm pretty sure she fucked her husband

key part here
"but their music is still good"

shit

I always found it odd how psychedelic rock took off in Japan, yet almost nobody does psychedelics there because of draconian laws.

There was always some guy named "Ringo" with them who pretended he was also in the band

They were innit for the noise.

rest in peace my thread :(

fuck off already

I hope I don't.

A single punch can kill you if it hits your nose at the right angle and drives the bone into your brain.

Otherwise falling backwards and hitting your head on a curb can kill you. I see it in rekt threads all the time.

>Born gay in deeply conservative Tennessee
>Religious parents disown her when she comes out
>Several close friends commit suicide after being sent to gay conversion camps and subjected to literal torture/depersonalization exercises
>Developed a heroin addiction to cope
>Struggles to reconcile her own Christian morals with her homosexuality even to this day
>Write a bunch of sad songs after your struggling band has failed to make it big
>Becomes AOTY 2015

She's only like 22, too.

>>Born gay
kek what no one borns gay

>I see it in rekt threads all the time.
wew lad

>born gay