I finally got around to watching this movie

I finally got around to watching this movie...

explain to me why everyone loves it. cause all it did for me was piss me off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWzcjYaXjhA
connectcast.tv/ImperatorAquila
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idk it sucked

Because rey and the nigger

It's the first ok star wars movie since the 1980s. Our expectations were so low that literally anything Disney produced was going to be gushed over. The first line of the movie sums it up. It's them trying to undo all of the prequels damage. The fan service was kinda heavy handed though. Didn't hate it, understood why they played it safe. I just hope they get fuckass wild with the next ones. They already nerfed Rogue One though so... who knows?

it was a good movie you fag

It was decent, and better than the prequels. Basically it's the first decent star wars movie since the original trilogy; so therefore it's cool. And tbh, despite the dialogue being cheesy and the stupid annoying fanbase, it really pulled me in, which most new movies don't do. JJ abrams did good with it; he played it safe, but that's a-ok.

JJ's mystery box concept is garbage. I got my star wars nostalgia rocks off. But it was too much "We've been here before" shit. Plus they tried to much with witty banter.

OP here.

the only likable character was Poe.
There was no explaining to what happened to the galaxy after Ep.6.
aside from the movie being almost a remake, it was beyond predictable.
the only part that conveyed any emotion was seeing Chewbacca in the Falcon alone.
Phasma was a waste. Giving up when theres a blaster to her head...
the big bad guy was pointless and gave nothing to the story
Ren came off a as a spoiled child.

thats a short list of what i have.

Im hoping Poe kind of takes Hans spot.

It wasn't even better than the prequels, I don't getting the hang of it

mostly because the prequels sucked.
The acting is the best we've seen in a SW film however, which is probably why I liked it.

The prequels arr way better

He played it too safe

Fucking Rey is a "mary sue" character

its was a fucking rehash of ep 3 but even dumber

>hurr this girl knows who every mechanical object in the universe works
>stupid lightsaber scene
>the fucking final fight

everything about that movie was pandering bullshit

>adventure time
>TFA

i think they're probably missing you back on tumblr

you wanna rethink that one friendo

This movie was WORSE than the prequels.

The prequels had their flaws, but they were entertaining in their own way, just different from the originals which pissed off a lot of nerds. If you ignore the awkward dialogue and lovey dovey shit they really aren't so bad.

I didn't like Ren either, and in general it wasn't any sort of nastolgiafest for me; it was just a fun movie.

>implying they're not

I hated it, was just a pandering piece of shit.

I don't mind female leads if they are good. But they Mary Sued the fuck out of her. Learns all the Jedi Powers with no training or repercussions from the dark side and kicks an even more emo than Anikin's ass.

Black dude was as always just a comic relief who was so bad it actually put Rei in a better light.

When Harrison Ford won't star a movie unless he asks to be killed off you know it's shit.

>implying they are even close

I have to agree. at least the prequels went in depth into the universe and expanded the jedi.

It's worth playing safe when there's hundreds of millions of dollars on the line; I don't blame him honestly. I bet the next ones get more outgoing, but idk.

1) what is your age?
2) did you see the original series?
3) did you enjoy the prequels?

I actually agree with him. Prequels were actually well thought out with the whole sith being right under their noses. I liked the whole trade federation and the fact that men had the real power, with the token black guy in the back ground
This new shit just feeds to sjws

In ten years, people will slag it off even more than the prequels.

Remember, people liked the prequels when they first came out.
It's just cool to rag on them

The original films were terrible in places too.

Only people I know that liked it are SJW's and girls who know nothing about star wars but say they love it.

>I liked the whole trade federation and the fact that men had the real power
holy shit this thread is fucking gold

I'm fucking dying over here

1. 28
2. Of course
3. its been a while but i remember the acting sucked and i enjoyed the stories. though i thought Ep 3s acting was much better than Ep 2s

because star wars is mainstream now and they let JJ Abrams do it

it's been like forty years brah, find something else to argue with other virgins about

The benchmark was so fucking low to begin with, of course it's a good movie op i whole heartily agree with you.
>It was a great movie

>Remember, people liked the prequels when they first came out.
uhhh kids liked it.... so if by "people" you mean 7 years old then yes
>The original films were terrible in places too.
this is factually incorrect

> kylo (which btw is the gayest fucking name ever) spends his entire youth learning the force
> rey learns of it in less than 12 hours
> rey dominates faglord

Feminists would be screaming in their shitters if that didnt happen.
Fucking America

"The prequels aren't bad if you only watch the lighsaber fights"

JewJew Abrams needs to be tarred and feathered and blackballed in hollywood.

Kylo Ren was the most beta fucking Sith to have ever lived

God even by that standard, the force awakens lightsaber fight was fucking miserable.

oh well i am not sure why you bought into the media hubaloo, only reddit and sjw trash and children absolutely loved TFA from the get-go
I watched it again recently and had more fun on the second turn but it definitely doesn't feel like the originals, or even the prequels for that matter.

They were boring and didn't make sense tho. Idc about the 'universe' if the movie lacks interesting characters that are actually possible to follow and like.

>implying tfa wasn't the shittiest cash grab movie of all time with no oc at all

No, there was more to it than lightsaber fights m8. The plot wasn't half bad, and neither was the podracing.

Except anakins story of course, that was bad.

"I liked the whole trade federation"
"I liked the filler and the confusing bs that didn't make any FUCKING GOD DAMN SENSE AND WAS FUCKING RETARDED AND DISAPPOINTED EVERYONE"

>>Implying Mace Dindu wasn't the second most powerful human in the galaxy

"Only a GIRL would like it. Ew girls."

>thinks that's Adventure Time
You are one dumb motherfucker

At least the prequels gave us some idea of the wider universe. If we only had the original trilogy and force awakens we could be forgven for thinking the story was no deeper than abandonded children and an empire with a space station fetish

i think TFA didnt makes sense more than the prequels. inj 30 something years absolutely nothings changed. and the ending to Ep. 6 seems to mean nothing.

i liked seeing the galaxy in the prequels. seeing that they had some sort of government that seemed to sorta work before the Empire. And seeing that the Jedi had their place and roles in life.

Maybe i just like story instead of mindless action.

Exactly, I would have had more respect for the movie if kylo beat the shit out of her

youtube.com/watch?v=bWzcjYaXjhA

It did it's job by focusing on the characters fighting and not on the distracting, complicated, choreography. Not as well as the original SW's movies, but better than the prequels. I'd say it was pretty ok.

Fifth actually.
Listing off who was better than blackie
1. Yoda
2. Anakin
3. Palpatine
4. Obi Wan

He'd be sixth if we saw more of count dipshit

ok TFA lightsaber battle was crap. Rey just focused on for force for 20 seconds than kicks Rens ass. The man who was trained as a Jedi and in the ways of the dark side was beaten by a woman who just learned that the force existed.

The plot ideas were pretty good in the prequels, agreed, but Lucas couldn't write dialogue for shit. It's just boring.

Nice joke user. Now kindly fuck off.

Whats wrong with the name Kylo? Would you rather he was called Tyrone you black cock sucker

I specifically said girls who know nothing about starwars liked it. As in the girls who pretend to like shit to impress people.

But I see your reading comprehension is sub par so I'll let that one go.

Focus on the character development and not on the specific plot details, and you'd see that this isn't a terrible thing. It implies that the force works in odd ways and that she's just 'gifted' at it or something. Idk it doesn't matter, but it's better than making it about who has more metachlorians or some shit.

On a side note, disney rebels being canon could mean Darth Maul makes another movie appearance. Am I the only one excited by this?

Prequels were a ton better than TFA. at least they had an original story.

So shallow dialogue with absolutely no dramatic tension, and a lackluster and boring fight is better in your books.

at least we now know why the stormtroopers can't shoot for shit... they're all niggers

I'd rather watch a friends re-run than a terrible new Fox show with shitty writing. Even if the new Fox show has original ideas; it doesn't matter. It's about execution.

Ok, character development.

She just meets Han Solo and immediatly sees him as a mentor/father figure and tries to impress him, than cry when he dies.

fair to say shes clingy?

You're right it's no masterpiece, but it was enjoyable. To each their own, bud. Good night user.

Luke was "gifted" to unprecedented levels and he was no match for most things.

He had an entire movie based on TRAINING, BUILD UP, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

Her being extra special dandy talented is just garbage. There's no build up. she didn't even struggle to earn it. She literally whined and then became more powerful.

How the fuck is that a positive aspect for females. Fucking awful reinforcements that just because you're a woman and want something enough. You can beat the big bad evil man who trained hard and long, who sacrificed everything he knew and loved for power.

Clearly the Force is Sexist!!!

>>Yoda
>>Human
Shut up retard.

Also you're wrong because Mace was the only human Jedi to be powerful enough to deflect force lightning. He'd have had Palpatine's ass if not for Anakin. Obi-Wan was disciplined enough to conjure a force ghost but he wasn't powerful enough to deflect lightning and the fact that you'd even bring up Dooku is cherry on the "you don't know what the fuck you're talking about" sundae

Agreed it's retarded and the forced (no pun intended) female lead came off a bit cringe-worthy. Still, I think ultimately all it came down to was that the plot was simple enough to follow. The prequels (for the most part) were kind of all over the place and a lot of people didn't like them.

"I'm even more of a virgin than you are."

Get off Sup Forums

I like LEIA though, fantastic actor. I actually even liked Anshoka, Who had to learn LESSONS AND DEVELOP HER POWERS. She was talented enough to be recognized by anikin but still had to be trained.

Anikin had to be trained. EVEN THEN he had to sacrifice everything to become the best. EVEN THEN he still wasn't strong enough to kill the Emperor unless he sacrificed himself.

He and Luke had three movies to develop.

Ray could have had that too and I would have been fine. But they made it to where she's the "GIRRRL POWER" Let's hold the audiences hand and clearly tell rather than show her character development.

Poe is the worst fucking character. If you like Poe you are 12 and a faggot

Mace windu basically was the only Jedi to embrace the dark side without succumbing to it.

By both training and willpower alone. And he was an interesting and well respected character in the movies. Not some goddamn incompetent bad acting comic relief.

Power comes in many forms, wouldnt consider deflecting lighting as the greatest super power faglord

i agree. its not the fact that she was strong in the force. its that she was given everything without working for it.

the force can manifest itself as luck or little things as such. but its not something thats gonna cushion your fall every time your fucked.

Mace Windu had no emotion besides angry. Go to bed kiddo maybe tmmrow you can get a new skylander.

We're not talking about Morgan Freeman's incompetence, we're talking about what all black actors' roles should be in cinema... the token black guy who dies

the next one is directed by Guillermo Del torro so its gonna suck balls. the third one is gonna be directed by collin trevarrow. also disney didnt really ruin it the fucker jj abrams did. That fucker ruined star trek and now he tried to ruin star wars.

didnt mind the movie in general but kylo ren is the biggest example of the dumbest villain ever made. all he is, is a whiny emo brat with daddy issues that still throws tantrums even though he is a fucking adult. seriously, even the star wars cartoons do better with villains than they did with that whiny fuck kylo ren.

But morgan freeman is a respectable nigger. It's only the useless ones that are meant to die.

The only thing I actually disliked from the prequels was jar jar.

Everything about this movie had something wrong with it from "deadlier death star" to "Darth Snookie" or whatever.

The worst thing is Rey is the poster girl for Mary Sue. From being a better flier than Han fucking Solo to besting a guy that can freeze blaster shots with the force after a vision or 2.

It's literally the story from a new hope madlibbed with updated stuff. Sure Anakin was kinda shallow, especially in the romance Dept, but the prequels were like a great story with some polishing left to be done and some quirks, but the new one is like shiny polished turds.

There pronged lightsaber concept is still stupid

Too much forced Politically Correct Police influence

There's a reason Harrison Ford bailed after the first one.

I'm upset that some of the EU characters I liked were wiped out in favor of Rey and kylo who I'm not digging

That one pilot guy seemed kinda cool but he got like 43 sec of screen time

Rolling R2 is stupid

Shiny stormtrooper is a pussy
I dunno, the ony movie I liked LESS recently was Deadpool

I wanna say it's all Disney's fault, but rogue one actually seems kinda interesting

Jar Jar grows on you bro.

It's been almost two decades and he certainly hasn't.

Pic related

Watching Witch right now, if anyone wants to stopby

>connectcast.tv/ImperatorAquila

Really?

But what if he became darth Jar Jar and started selling space grass?

its all jj Abrams fault

Not even all the weed in the galaxy would make me like JarJar

What if he started singing Buffalo Soldier?

Actually as a kid I had a phase where I thought he was cool and decided to talk like him...

I guess you could say he shrank on me?

I actually heard he was one of Lucas's favorites and his idea along with the ewoks.

On that note Lucas's least favorite film from the 1st six was Empire Strikes Back iirc

I heard a theory that jar jar is the Darth Snookie guy.

>explain to me why everyone loves it.

Nostalgia.

I'll be honest, as a Star Wars fan I enjoyed it; but it wasn't lost on me how incredibly unambitious and derivative of the originals it was. The practical special effects were really good, the pacing was fast and bringing back Harrison Ford to play Han again did a lot to force the nostalgia on you. But it really just told you the same story you loved the first time again.

In contrast the prequels were much more ambitious in telling an original story (showing how Palpatine rose to power was a good concept); but they were poorly executed because George Lucas needs people to reel him in and tell him that shit like Jar Jar or CG clonetroopers is a bad idea and because Hayden Christensen was fucking terrible.

So I'll say I liked it; but I certainly didn't love it because it didn't do anything to push Star Wars forward it just rehashed what it did before.

I KNOW RIGHT. faggets bruh it was Episode IV all over again. Star wars Battlefront sucks dick too TOO CASUAL fuck you for ruining a Star Wars meets Battlefield game how do you fuck that up?

Jar Jar was written for kids I think.

>does this image anger you like it does me?

>wastedopportunity.jpg
>implying it was ever an opportunity in the first place since EA decided to make it.

>I actually heard he was one of Lucas's favorites and his idea along with the ewoks.

Jar Jar and the Ewoks were both written for kids. Basically after Empire, Lucas decided that these were kids movies so he needed to throw in things to pander to kids like the Ewoks and Jar Jar, not realizing that kids already loved the stuff that the adult fans did and didn't need to be pandered to.

Lucas has a very fragile ego (he had several nervous breakdowns on his early films including Star Wars A New Hope) and so when things get criticized he deflects and deludes himself rather than thinking about how he can improve himself. That's also the reason he surrounded himself with Yes Men who told him everything was great with the prequels and why he's delusional about how good they are compared to Empire Strikes Back where Irving Kirshner kept him in line.

Did you hear that Christensen decided to retire from acting and become a farmer? Anyway, say all you want about his dialogue skills but he and McGregor were phenomally well choreographed.

And yes, your right, effects were top notch (Disney was not gonna cheap out on this one) but suffered from a copy pasta plot.

Because anything was better than the stupid ass prequels and was basically A New Hope only better. Then again I think all Wars flicks except Empire are shit.