/vinyl/ thread

Didn't see one in catalog

Rate, rec, shittalk people for wasting their money, you know the drill.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/bassplayer2493/collection
discogs.com/Kyonpalm-CYBERIA/master/751869
youtube.com/watch?v=FYZHkDhad54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

question, how does laying records flat cause warping? Shouldnt it flatten it?

I imagine it would cause some compression if you had a big enough pile, however if you'd look closer youd see this is a horizontal stack and i just rotated the image like any non-dolt would.

yeah I know its just a question Ive always had

Meant to reply to
if that wasn't obvious

If you only have a small stack you can get away with it, but any more than ~10 and you're getting into warping territory

Are you asking specifically how?

The weight of an lp isn't evenly distributed when you start stacking them, small differences in pressure will add up and press sections of the discs unevenly, causing warping in the long term.

discogs.com/user/bassplayer2493/collection

How old are you? you've got a lot of dadrock for someone who also listens to death grips. Also jealous of that brown + yellow copy of chocolate and cheese. Btw my local record store has part 2 of gensho if you're still looking for it.

I'll be 24 in a few months. I like to think its more cool uncle rock rather than dadrock.

Pretty good doom metal selection desu, I'd give it an 8/10. 3 copies of bottomless pit is overkill tho.

Why do you have Too? It's not even that good but like... maybe if you had Too and FIDLAR that'd make more sense but come on man, FIDLAR is so much better than Too.

The tape is for my car, the yellow copy is the one I listen to, and I'm keeping the blue one sealed in case I want to sell it.

Should I pay $100 for Nouns - Still Bummed?

I emailed the owner of the record label and they told me they're re-pressing it next year but idk if I want to wait

1) my friend who i listen to records with already has a copy of s/t and i didnt really want to dupe him
2)I saw them the other week and wanted to get something signed, and too came with a cool slipmat
Pic very related

For $100 you should buy a copy of akuma no uta instead and send it to me, I'll suck your dick (no homo)

did you get feels online? I want a copy but all of them are expensive as shit online

I did but it was like 8 months ago, it only cost like 25 bucks then. Not very satisfied with the gatefold though, It bends kind of weirdly like it can't fit the records and the fact that its split into a 2xlp feels superfluous

>Make a Discogs listing for an obscure netlabel release that got put on vinyl
>Months later, there's finally someone selling it
>Order it
>"Sorry, I listed the wrong item. I hope you understand."
>Order Cancelled
>mfw

stacking can also wear the grooves of records at the bottom of the stack which kinda sucks

album?

discogs.com/Kyonpalm-CYBERIA/master/751869

Does anyone know how legit using toothpicks to try and fix scratches is? Has anyone tried it with success? I really fucked up my copy of dopethrone but I love that fucker too much to give up on it.

I've used it on records that were in a very bad shape, but were still listenable. If the scratch is making the record skip, you can fix it in 99% of cases in my experience. The downside of this is that the record won't look that pretty.

You can also do this:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYZHkDhad54

it's a lot slower but the record will look better.

when people ask you why you collect vinyl/listen to records at all, what do you say?

i realized i don't really have any good reason, except enjoying the physical act of putting on a record and the feeling of actually owning an album

I just tell them it's fun.

I pirate so much music i feel like buying artists records and going to their shows is the least i could do if i enjoy their music. Its also nice to get the artwork in a physical medium, not to mention a lot of records come with posters/liners that are nice to look at

i just get insecure because it's automatically associated with pretentiousness and being "hipster"

but i genuinely just think it's fun, and records really do sound fantastic on the right system

I don't exclusively buy records, but I appreciate the bigger album art and original mastering. Also some music is hard/impossible to find on CD but the vinyl release is very common.

When I was in high school, my homeroom teacher asked me what everyone did during summer break. I mentioned how I did an internship in NYC and visited record shops when I wasn't working. He found it interesting that I was into records, because when he was in high school during the 80s, he had a bunch of friends who were "hi-fi guys" who were into buying records and owning great sound systems.

Not everyone associates record collecting with pretentious twats.