Give me some beautiful albums made by artists with the intention of changing ones perception of the world...

Give me some beautiful albums made by artists with the intention of changing ones perception of the world, or life in general. Or just general ascension-to-higher-mental-plane-core.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClcHL6y5CkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

please

tool

I said beautiful

harsh, okay.
try Yob if you like heavier stuff
Grails may work also. they're instrumental so don't expect life changing lyrics, but the music is extraordinary

Thanks for the recs, I doubt I'll like Yob because metal is not really what I had in mind making this thread, but I'll check em out

try listening to yobs adrift in the ocean first. if that's too harsh for you, try marrow. it's a super chill transcendental track. they are both also very powerful live.

if you want life changing, also try silver mt zion if you haven't already. blindblindblind is the only track I've ever cried tears of joy to while listening. the final 3-4 minutes are so heart-wrenchingly beautiful

Been meaning to check them out for a while, being a fan of GYBE, thanks for reminding me

youtube.com/watch?v=ClcHL6y5CkU

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

Merbow albums

Already listened to it, not really what I would call life-changing, but certainly beautiful

>Asks for attitude changing music
>Gets only pitchfork approved, Sup Forums-core

Ha!

Well, I don't know why you asked for it, but here you go

What's the difference? I just wanna listen to great tunes, doesn't matter if some community approves of it or not.

If it fits within the Sup Forums paradigm it's hardly "perception changing". And an album being perception challenging doesn't neccessarily mean you'll like it.

That's probably likely, but I haven't heard all of Sup Forumscore, so I can't tell for sure.

Also, perception-changing albums just appeal to me more, I like it when it feels like an album has some substance to it.

Why don't you recommend some albums that fit my description?

Here's some third eye type stuff if you're interested. All of these made me reconsider what good music was at least a little bit.

Alvin Lucier- I am Sitting in a Room
Amon Duul 1- Psychedelic Underground
Klaus Schulze- Irrlicht
Don Cherry- mu Part One
Fifty Foot Hose- Cauldron
Fjordne- Charles Rendition
Laddio Bollocko- The Strange Warmings of Laddio Bollocko
Teiji Ito- King Ubu
Today is the Day- Willpower
The Savage Young Taterbug- River Mortis

Also, if you ever have the chance to listen to Butthole Surfers- Locust Abortion Technician on a controlled substance, do it.

Thanks, man, I'll check these out tomorrow

Cool, out of curiosity what are you into now? Just to guage where you might be coming from.

I've got embarrasingly entry level taste, but I'm listening to as much music as I possibly can right now. To summarize, my favourite band is still Pink Floyd. This thread was kind of made because I wanted something of similiar calibre. Certainly didn't have the avant-garde stuff you mentioned in mind, but who knows, maybe I'll like it.

Hmm... Pink Floyd was pretty much the band that got me into music. Sup Forums-core was my bridgeway into gaining an independent taste.

If Ummagumma or the title track on Saucerful sounds more like a composition than just noise, you should be good to go.

The Narrow Way is my favorite track off Ummagumma, and I wouldn't exactly call most of Saucerful a composition, but the sheer amount of contrast between the free improvization and the melodic bit at the end makes it amazing.

I'm listening to River Mortis right now, the intro to "If he was a river..." sounded surprisingly tranquil.

It's my second favorite album of all time. Def worth a listen.

Damn you're so superior for listening to entry-level RYMcore instead of Sup Forumscore

I've got a way to go dude, and I hate a lot of the albums which RYM goes crazy over, but you have to admit that Sup Forums isn't the place to find mind bending, challenging music.

Also at least a third of the album I listed here RYM hates.