ITT

Post one of your favorite albums.

Others say why they don't like it.

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0-Is7krmT8
youtube.com/watch?v=3lC56yWsU0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Panda's songwriting is inconsistent and the 12 minute songs get boring if you aren't high or sleepy or in the mood for it.

semi-odd vocals and """"""minimalist"""""" drum machine patters doesn't equate to good songwriting, which often isn't there

It's perfect

You have to be on the mood to listen to it, it's a 10/10 though

Frankie Teardrops is 10/10 god tier but Side A has some really samey and aimless production, and the songwriting leaves a lot to be desired on songs like Rocket. It's a great album but I really wish the songs had been a little more progressive

>pic related, hard as fuck mode

I never really got the appeal of the swans.
(Not bashing anyone who likes them, though).

I hate industrial electronic music, it all sounds "undercooked" to me, if that makes any sense

I've always felt like Swans would be so much better if they played like 20% faster. Sometimes on SFTB by the time Michael's reached the end of a lyric you forgot what was at the beginning.

i like all these albums kek

Why do you guys like Frankie Teardrop? What's special about it?
It's a serious question

Not bad, just incredibly bland and unremarkable. Ok to listen to I guess.

yass love this album

Sounds like they were trying too hard to be wierd

It's way too long. Would've had the exact same impact being and hour shorter

>folk punk

Have you heard it? Those screams would make even the most stoic man's blood run ice cold.
One of my 10/10's as well. No complaints here. Good Intentions is my favorite track
9/10 I only wish they had mixed the sound up more like the best song Song Dedicated To Memory. That song's poetry, and so well done
It had so much potential but just started wacking itself off once it realized it had a few good ideas. A pit too many post rockers have fallen into
AFX's best imo. Could have used some more technique and diversity tho
Fruitcake And Cookies is incredible but some of the vocals aren't mixed well and it sometimes gets too messy with how much is going on

amazing but a little bit preachy
again, amazing, but this time some of the synth sounds are a little bit casio keyboard preset-y
no complaints

I looove this album

I've never been able to get past the first 2 songs

Pretty, but most of the songs are generic and forgettable

Awful lyrics and singing

>awful lyrics
>for four fortnights I have fled from my fortress
>foraging forests five footsteps in length
>fortitude found within forty ounce bottles
>flowing like flies from your face

Explain yourself

I actually can't think of anything bad to say about this album

Andy's voice still occasionally sounds like a dying walrus on this one

>Andy's voice still occasionally sounds like a dying walrus on this one
you know what, thats fair actually, I originally hated this records because of his voice but I grew to like the character of his voice

record*

Don't know any others so can't criticise :^)

The first album was a ton better, didn't sound so commercial.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0-Is7krmT8

ALLITERATION AUTOMATICALLY MAKES SOMETHING GOOD AND POETIC: the post

No, it's the fact that it forms an incredibly vivid allegory in connection to alcoholism as a means of escaping one's problems, those affected, and the potential dangers. Using a solid alliteration

10/10 album

Actually i couldn't actually find something "bad" on this album. I loved the drums, the voice of the guy is kinda annoying though.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lC56yWsU0Q This one is a brazilian album, but of my favorites.

reaaaaally long. it's a nice album, but you really have to be ready to commit to it i think.
the lack of variation overall makes it get old pretty fast. good thing it's only like 30 minutes or something.

>GOOD TIME GOOD TIME GOOD TIME GOOD TIME GOOD TIME GOOD TIME GOOD TIME GOOD TIME
literally all the lyrics in that album are like this
i appreciate the album for what it is but it's not something that i enjoy listening to
i find it really cheesy desu
>coldplay
i hate prog
>folk punk
it's literally DUDE POST ROCK LMAO the album
too bloated
boring
i don't really like the production, sounds cheap
nice drumming though

Are you that guy on here that really, really, really, really, really, really, really likes STGSTV, by chance?

>Diamond Dogs
>Prog

I mean...is it? I don't know much about the genre.

avey tare's vocals are too low in the mix, other than that, perfect

A little too long, lots of the tracks feel like they're snippets of smaller tracks just stitched together, still amazing tho
The production is kinda weird at points, especially with the vocals. Also AC have never surpassed it so it hampers my enjoyment of everything else they make.
I might be alone but I think the skits on this one get kinda boring.

Can definitely come across as boring/underwhelming for a lot of people who first listened to it because of how much it's hyped
Also in retrospect its use of sampling isn't all that novel or groundbreaking anymore
Overly minimal for most tastes and lots of songs seem unfinished. Similar complaint to some of the longer songs on Person Pitch where it doesn't seem like much progression occurs over the time given
It's just intimidating, same problem I have with new Swans
Has some very high peak moments but most of the time it's rather bland in retrospect
Gonna echo the
>folk punk
sentiment getting tossed around–two of my least favorite things in one preachy album has kept me away
Laid the blueprint for style-over-substance crescendo-core
Honestly found this a tad inconsistent in style
It's not Shrines
The mixing is super off-putting unless you know what you're getting yourself into
Also common high pitched noise complaint that scares lots of people off
Goodass album though, one of my favorites by far

I like it for its influence and atmosphere but sometimes the vocals are too stupid.

no

Literally perfect

Basically perfect. Only problem is the live version feels more "finished", going back to the album after I always get the sense there's something missing.

it's not entirely prog but it has some prog parts here and there and i can't stand it

Sad but true

i like the improv on moonchild but it always goes on longer than i expect it to
no complaints really
wish more noise was used outside of the first 3 tracks
you post it here 24/7
ponytail seems out of place

i like it, but some songs drag

Too long and inconsistent

I hate the song Hounds of Love, also side 2 >> side 1

Corporate-core, extremely bland

One of the lesser bowie albums

yuck

The material is ruined by the shit-tier production

10/10

great album

good album, but the scratchy tricks get annoying and make it sound dated

great album

i love the record scratching, i wish it was utilized more in modern hip hop. to each his own i guess

Songs of Praise and Scorn by Cristopher Paul Stelling

Panda Bear is a worse version of AnCo, and AnCo is overrated as fuck to begin with.

Swans are really nothing special, I don't get why everyone on this board fucking loves them.

snooooooooooooooze

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE

meh, Bowie is out of his element here.

tryhard Owl City

not this album in particular, but her incredibly belabored voice gets grating pretty quickly

commercial-core

a worse Rivers Cuomo

the best AnCo album, still not great

Fishmans are an Sup Forums meme but I can't help but like them

there are lots of obvious people who did it better

forgot to post an album myself

glorified pop punk

>you post it here 24/7
Yeah, and?

E D G Y

Literally perfect. No complaints.

remind me how this is a bad thing

if anyone has any complaints with this album, i'll fight 'em.

I'm about to post a bunch of my favorite albums.
this is me

Aladdin Sane. Don't have photo, but my personal favorite bowie album.Although Hunky Dory is goat too

None here. 10/10, great taste. This one's also a 10

love the album, but a bit too Beatlesy. sounding like the Beatles isn't a bad thing, I just prefer when Kevin is pushing boundaries a bit more.

>Mariah Carey and Cannibal Corpse

....A combination I would NEVER have expected in my lifetime.

Props for your versatile taste, man.

What's the appeal of Cannibal Corpse for you?

(Asking as someone who doesn't like most metal, not trying to hate on your tastes)

Literally perfect.

I respect that. I live in Athens and got to talk to Kevin at our city's annual festival and told him how much I loved that album and that he should start performing songs from it again at times, and he said pretty much the same thing. I just explained that I found the youthful innocence of it wistful and intoxicating and he said he saw my side. Anyway OM's my favorite band, so cheers

Toilet samples

so beautiful and fragile and heartbroken.
grouper is my favorite artist so it's hard to critique anything, but i suppose i could say that the title track of this album doesn't quite seem to fit.

yeah, good pop-punk which is already a feat by itself

that's a great fucking story, thanks for sharing, i'm so jealous. and yeah, I agree, "youthful innocence" of it being "wistful and intoxicating" is very true. OM among my favorites for sure.

heh

Ya, I've found the whole concept of fully "growing up" to always be so pivotal and somewhat dismal, and so that album provides a good escape for me hah.

commercial as hell

btw what did you think of Innocence Reaches? I was a bit let down, but I haven't really revisited the album since it came out, so my opinion might shift.

inb4 nobody can give a reason because it's perfect

That's not an insult, coming from someone who hates Parachutes
Ya it was a bit of a disappointment but I had some takeaways. I love Gratuitous Abysses, Chaos Arpeggiating, and Pastime. It's definitely difficult to digest though so I'd rec a couple more listens just if you have the time. I had to give it 10-11 listens before I had a full opinion on it. I will say some of the tracks I didn't like like Different For Girls were WAY better live

This album is one of my faves too i'm so surprised to see someone posting this on Sup Forums i thought we didn't love her on this board

Great album, but I think Frankie Teardrop is actually TOO good. I always skip it because it makes me piss myself
Can't find any real complaints, but it is slightly overrated
Jeff Buckley a shit

Actually the one thing i will say that was bad about this album, Is that it was very forced. it's not actually her style and she was very unhappy while recording this due to being in an abusive relationship with her producer. i think the music is beautiful and her singing is incredible but i appreciate her later albums where she was actually able to flourish in her own right and style and let her creativity really show and not be forced to do what Tommy thought was best for her.

Second worst White Stripes album, after Get Behind Me Satan

That's a fair assessment, and those songs stood out to me more, as well. I'll probably throw it on later tonight just because I'm thinking about it, and because I love Kevin so much that I really don't want it to be just a "disappointment" in my book lol

Why is Jeff Buckley shit :-(

Haha I feel the same way. That's pretty much what happened with False Priest, I jus listened to it 20 times until I liked it because I knew all the lyrics and stuff which made it way more fun. Definitely feel free to either let me know in this thread or if you see me in another if this one dies what you thought of it after going back. Kevin also made a really interesting playlist of songs that influenced him for the album on Spotify. I don't have the link but I think someone posted it in the comment box on the album's RYM page if you want to check it out

The production isn't shit tier though

I'll say this about Tommy Mottola and Mariah Carey. This album may have been forced but that was actually a good thing. Tommy and Walter Afanasieff pushed Mariah Carey to be her best. Without direction she might have been as mediocre as Ariana Grande is today. She would have been a decent singer but also would have lacked musical direction. Tommy Mottola, Walter Afanasieff, and Mariah Carey were The Beatles of the early 90s. When they split, they each put out good work but none of it was as legendary as the work they put out together.

Incredible riffing, amazing production, strong groove coming from each member of the band (for the first five records at least)

How about the vocal style? That's part of the reason why metal has such a hard time appealing to me. What's the appeal of the vocals for you? I really want your perspective.

>goofy primitive phasing on everything
I like phasing but it's so overused on that album

I mean i'm not sure where this is coming from, She dumped Tommy and went on to produce one of the greatest pop albums in history (butterfly) and literally gave birth to an entire genre and style of music by merging pop music and rap, which is the basis of almost all modern pop music to this very day. She's out sold most of the biggest artists over the last century SINCE dumping him, broken so many records, had more number 1s than literally anyone and she did most of that herself without Tommy's help. She also went on to produce or oversee production on almost all of her own songs as well as write all of her own songs which most pop stars don't do. She could never be as mediocre as Ariana Grande, Ariana doesn't have the same drive and creativity Mariah has. She has so much more talent than any current or even old pop star on her own. I'm really not sure why you think stifling that creativity and talent would produce better music? I love her first album but her other albums are so much better and the sales and numbers speak for themselves.

What if Beck and Rivers Cuomo made a record with lots of furry love and none of their talents

hahahahahahaha bravo

>Pet Sounds