Rate my work fags, also guitar thread

Rate my work fags, also guitar thread.

>Guitar thread now!

>tfw treble horn is as long as bass horn
>tfw pickguard is actually a retard
>tfw op doesn't know about Warmoth

3/10

fag, it is a double cut telecaster with a set neck. Work is done in sketchup which makes this a rough mockup

headstock looks bad on that body

not bad as in cool, bad as in not good

sexy but chrome knobs would look better imo

appreciate, didnt want tele or strat headstock though.

warmoth is no fun, the fun is making stuff yourself.

Would look decent as a retro-ish guitar, but change the headstock and use different pot knobs.

i think speed knobs would go along nicely with the gibsonesque theme.

any suggestions for a nice looking headstock? Guess explorer style would be more appropriate, or perhaps like on the Trini lopez es-335

Vintage Ibanez

those look awesome

Ha no shit.

i apparently have a thing for PRSi

Don't know why the fuck I'm posting sideways

fucking beast!

you sir are rustling my shekels

my first guitar, an ibanez RGR321EX

so far the only acoustic to have been in my life, Levin LT18. Selling it gave me heartache forever

Also note cuck tier blackstar HT-5R

Thanks, vintage Japanese ibbys are the best deal out there dollar for dollar.

Had a couple of these melody makers. They were my favorite gibsons.

Sucks when you have to let one go.
Buy you can always hunt down another.

i have a black 2009 melody maker, had it routed for humbuckers and a output jack on the side. Its got the seymour duncan black winter set in it. Fantastic pickups really, they do everything.

Pretty rare guitar for two people on the same thread to have.

Best guitar i ever owned, well almost. I dont love my PRS custom 24 SE as much.

Had an off white one that someone had modded into a doublecut and put a pair of gibson HBs in.
Got it from Guitar Center for cheap cause they consider modded guitars to be devalued.

i dont have one, but its on the list above any les paul. just need i rectoverb 25 then i can GAS on guitars again

r8 my axe

8/10 for patina

meinneger.png

i raise you my future classic vibe tele

Love the bare bones style of these. But when I got my hands on my first ibanez artist neck it just fit right.

it basically as minimalist as an esquire. They make you earn your wings. Still wish i had my RGR321EX sometimes but my cu 24 covers that spot

If you really want to be sick i scored it for $220.
You can't see it but there's a repair on the headstock.

this one is fully kitted out, CTS pots, orange drop caps, black winter set, switchcraft toggle, pigtail bridge with tonepros locking studs and tulip button tuners

If you like something different from Gibson, I had a couple of these, GGC700s.
They look just like the sonex but it's got a wooden body with a set neck.

I would say something a little curvy like this, but just an idea. Im playing off the idea of it looking old school, but its ultimately your guitar and the execution always looks better or worse than a concept. The headstock on your design contrasts the body a lot, they look like two different eras of guitars

now thats something different!

3/10 for messy bed

Got some pics of my old Melody Makers

nice! even a joan jett MM

No that was modded by the previous owner. It was a standard single cut, single pickup.

make a guitar that isn't already designed you fucking disappointment

set neck double cut tele w p90s and T.O.M ? get real

>being this edgy

Dream git

Buckethead les paul studio is probably mine. It still needs his dimarzios though, stock is 500t and 496r

Kinda dig this ibanez custom shop. They're calling it the stoneman.

so many strings! im getting crosseyed.

Ha, yeah, I just dig the body. They made a Korina wood one too.

black winter pickups would sound killer in this, they make them in 6-7 possibly 8 string.

do you pretend its a real gibson firebird?

This is the nicest built guitar I own. Neck thu body and somewhere around only 125 built.But I'm really not a trem guy so it doesn't get played as much as it should

Not mine, I belive it's one of two.
Better looking than a firebird to me.
A thunderbird looks right IMO but the body on a firebird just looks too big with the shorter neck.

Fuck, I love the AR series. Any LP styled doublecut does it for me, really.

>possibly 8
It says right on their website that they make eight-string versions of that pickup. There's no mystery about it, so need to act like there is. And I don't think extended range players are looking for the sound of these pickups.

Feel the same way about that double cut look. But when i got my hands on one, the neck just felt right to me.
Sold my Gibbys and Epis soon after.
And an upper end, vintage Japanese Artist model can be found for the price of a lower end les Paul, and definitely built better.

R8 my axe wife