/classical/

Post and discuss art music.

youtu.be/HNYbUyz4CZk

Does anyone know where I can find a piano recital of Pierrot Lunaire without voice accompaniment ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7aaAmGbjQKA
youtube.com/channel/UC_GgVtHAkHKNghroUKONROQ
clyp.it/4h0mzhvf
youtube.com/watch?v=C5ycoNOA9BM
youtube.com/watch?v=A_NkQM85g6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=17artzV0sFU
youtube.com/watch?v=m129k5YcQnU
youtu.be/PFIu0q3icYU
youtube.com/watch?v=wYGTurA-5bA
youtu.be/baIgq9jTEfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2zvNHkZLuW0
youtube.com/watch?v=dnlaCenlNHk
youtube.com/watch?v=DbLs4Ei77qk
youtube.com/watch?v=YUioZeROstA
youtube.com/watch?v=jnWvbL6a4Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=7zBM6b9C_AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vv-dq4JdkyM
youtube.com/watch?v=8K-ZxVnJIwg
youtube.com/watch?v=J2NzQUPmwjc
youtu.be/bcaABG_-X80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tripfag
>no mega links
>Schoenberg
Top cuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=7aaAmGbjQKA

>no mega links
Post them yourself if you need them so much.

>Schoenberg
Yes, and ?

the piece is supposed to have a vocalist...why would there be recordings of it without the vocalist?

>piano recital

The piece is supposed to have flute, violin, cello, and clarinet as well. I am not asking for these. I am just looking for an isolated instance of the piano sections.

The E-flat major quartet > the dissonance meme quartet

Check out my channel.
youtube.com/channel/UC_GgVtHAkHKNghroUKONROQ
(subscrib)

post some more shit

I want to upload some ockeghem but I'm trying to find a good pic, it has to click you know.

So, /comp/ doesn't really exist anymore, so I thought some of you guys might be able to help. I'm a piano student of five years, versed relatively well in theory, I mainly do jazz but have been getting more into classical in recent months.

Anyway, I decided to compose something with a lot of counterpoint.
I tried to go for a Bach type feel, but it kinda feels like budget Bach, if you know what I mean.

If anyone is willing to give it a rate that'd be much appreciated. Please be gentle senpai, its my first completed piece.

clyp.it/4h0mzhvf

Why is Chopin so good bros? Is it true that virginity grants you incalculable powers?

What are some good harpsichord works? Preferably baroque but i'm not fussed.

Goldberg Variations is a good one

Sounds popular-ish. It's good work, Corpse Bride kind of feel.
It doesn't really sound very erudite, but with more work and less repetitive themes it'd be perfect.
>Chopin
>Prefering Rubinstein to Ashkenazy
plebs

Rubinstein isn't my favorite but he gets wanked on so much I feel obligated to listen to him every so often.

Thanks! I'm still working on it of course, and I get the idea that the themes are repetitive, since I was trying to space out some of the other parts with more variation. I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, i've been listening to Argerich, Ashkenazy and Yundi Li
Any recommendations?

They're good. I like Zimerman and Pollini generally. They play in a modern style which I believe is closer to Chopin's taste since he was nuts about Mozart.

There's a lot of valuable old meme recordings with more rubato. Ignaz Friedman playing mazurkas. Dinu Lipatti playing waltzes. Moriz Rosenthal's misc recordings are really great but much of it has terrible sound quality. Rachmaninoff also recorded a bunch of Chopin. Alfred Cortot was a big deal back in the day.

Maria Joao Pires' nocturnes are good and have quality stereo sound.

Bump

Hoffmeister>the rest

bach
youtube.com/watch?v=C5ycoNOA9BM

youtube.com/watch?v=A_NkQM85g6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=17artzV0sFU

anyone know any good works with a celeste?
wikipedia says that a lot of impressionist composers used it, but i can't find any works...

youtube.com/watch?v=m129k5YcQnU
im also interested in its use in other genres such as jazz and so on

listened to and loved borodin's 2nd string quartet, any recomendations for similar chamber music?

i believe there's an arrangement of Mahler's Das Lied which uses one

Carter's double concerto.

Doesn't Bolero use a Celesta? If so I bet it's in some of ravels other works.

Poulencs harpsichord concerto is pretty cool

Which is the best Season and why is it Winter?

Diamond commercials nostalgia.

I never see anyone say this but Gerald Moore is a dope piano accompanist.

what's that video where a giantic monster doll gives birth to smaller deformed creatures that are humans in creepy mascot suits, I think it was a part some avantgarde composer's performance

Wtf cello suite no 3 in c minor??

(Cello suite 5) Arranged for harpsichord? Bach already fucking did that, it's BWV 995
youtu.be/PFIu0q3icYU
Stupid mother fuckers

>Does anyone know where I can find a piano recital of Pierrot Lunaire without voice accompaniment ?
there was a Gould recording.. oh, wait

youtube.com/watch?v=wYGTurA-5bA

Was Beethoven commissioned by God?

No

Fairly often I'll listen to the last 10 minutes of this. It's Schubert approved.

More contrary motion
That fixes everything

ew

I hope Lang dies desu

what are you, gay?

What instrument does every1 play
Or are you a loser who just listens to classical music

who are generally the best orchestras?

Eh, I like 2D traps desu

why releases by modern players have so tasteless covers
but if for classical releases it is some kind of indicator of tasteless and soulless perfomances most of the time, jazz releases has some real awful artworks while having decent to good material, eh?

youtu.be/baIgq9jTEfQ
Who composed this?

me t b h

sounds like this guy

I don't know, Mozart? Vivaldi? Fuck, maybe Strauss jr. or Brahms. Like how the fuck would I know?

Yeah isn't this Strauss

>I haven't watched/listened Nutcracker in full
>not even suite
kys my man

>listening to music only if short, fat, balding, syphilitic derivative composer listened to it

Damn. No wonder Schubert had no gf.

That's the Mendelssohn nocturne from a midsummer night's drum

just listened to bolero, absolutely love that piece.
its interesting how he only rly uses it to double the melody in some parts, it has such a nice texture.

im def gonna check out some more ravel thx m8

youtube.com/watch?v=2zvNHkZLuW0

could it be ligeti's Le grand macabre?

keyboard, accordion, guitar, drumkit, voice, theremin, cello, flagolet.

We should just make the ultimate mega link so people stop bitching about this

Intro to french baroque? What should I listen to?

Reamu, Lully, Couperin. That's about it.

>Reamu
*Rameau

>the four memes
I bet you liked the sonnets too you fucking autist

>Marais
>Viseé
>Sante Colombe
>Leclair
>Rebel
>Forqueray
>Philidor

t. Uncultured retard

>posts worst 2hu
>calls me uncultured

>mfw he expresses an opinion that further solidifies his unculturedness

>Rebel
youtube.com/watch?v=dnlaCenlNHk

youtube.com/watch?v=DbLs4Ei77qk
Did this one bcuz of u bby.

>tfw not Rebel
>tfw didn't compose the le Elemens suites

I want to sing in a choir or at least learn how to sing.
How should I go about this? I'm 21 male and have never taken music/singing lessons before.

probably school is your best bet, or a local one

you gotta know how to read music though

yeah that's what I thought.
Is there any way to know your range though?
Or do I need to embarrass myself in front of a teacher to know?

>De Viseé
youtube.com/watch?v=YUioZeROstA

i like that version more than the bach's version at least on harpsichord

youtube.com/watch?v=jnWvbL6a4Mk
but yeah it sounds better on guitar

Hey, /classical/.

Here's the chart for newcomers I posted in the last two threads. Had a lot of fun cobbling it together with y'all.

I swapped Shostakovich's 15th + Jewish Folk Poetry with a more comprehensive symphony compilation, but otherwise it's the same as last time.

Feel free to critique and make suggestions.

>classical
>art
classical is very structured and paper based. very rule-y. see, art rock, art pop, art punk, has never been structured and almost always dissonant

>classical is very structured and paper based
(not true, by the way.)

There needs to be better recordings, period.
Replace Karajan with Leibowitz so when SDF sees this he won't explode.
I think Berio's Sinfonia should be there too. You could probably kick out Branca or Gorecki.

have you ever listened to classical music ? have you ever seen people playing classical music ?

You are posting baffling inaccurate information. is that way

Have you?

for the shostakovich symphony cicle is better kondrashin

How do you guys find good recordings?

I just realized that Monteverdi isn't on here either. Kick out Handel's water music and put this or a version of l'Orfeo (only listened to Jacobs' recording, there's probably a better one out there).

i have, i have atteneded several classical concerts, my mom and my brother plays classical piano. there's no dissonance in classical music. it's all perfectly structured and no dissonance at all. pretty much the basis of all modern music out there right now. they all obey the rule of chord progression. very technical very theoritical. while art music is like noise, no wave, and just dissonant stuffs with tryhard voices. just like abstract painting. classical music is realism/reinassance painting. the thing about classical music is the atmosphere, of classic european culture

>there's no dissonance in classical music
lmao

show me one. no modern classical, ok

I go to classicstoday.com and look up a piece then scroll to the bottom of a random review and the article author will write reference recordings.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zBM6b9C_AQ

Do you actually not know what dissonance is ?

Dissonance is very relative. Dissonance not only exists between vertical tones, but among horizontal tones and harmonies. As soon as a composer moves away from the tonic chord, a dissonance is created, in a sense. As soon as a Gregorian Chant goes from a single line sung in unison to a single line sung in parallel fifths, more dissonance is created. A minor second is dissonant compared to a major second, a major second is dissonant compared to a major third, a major third is dissonant compared to a perfect fifth and a perfect fifth is dissonant compared to an octave.

Even if we're speaking in not so extremely relevant terms, it seems strange to me to ask for dissonance in Renaissance and Baroque era works. It's absolutely everywhere. Just listen to any random Baroque era piece and you'll probably get to a point where the composer starts writing chains of suspensions.

Listen to this piece by Vivaldi: youtube.com/watch?v=vv-dq4JdkyM

Practically every measure of the vocal part has either a suspension (a note of the previous harmony being held over into the next harmony) or an appogatura (a note of a harmony anticipating the latter harmony in the former harmony), both of which contain obvious dissonance.

>Classical music is paper based
What did he mean by this?

>mozartdissonancequartet.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=8K-ZxVnJIwg

It's not. It's Spring.

How's this?

Awful musician and awful cover. Yikes.

Clarinet.

The quality of the cover speaks for the quality of the player, doesn't it?

Are you implying only dissonant music can be considered art?
>art punk
Are you this guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=J2NzQUPmwjc

yes

>I don't ever remember listening to a piece of classical music that could vary its instrumental play in such a way as to obscure which instrument is actually being played
wew

>De Viseé
>de
youtu.be/bcaABG_-X80