Been working in retail for only 2 years now and I want to kill myself and like half the entitled jerk customers I get...

Been working in retail for only 2 years now and I want to kill myself and like half the entitled jerk customers I get every week. How do you stand up for yourself in an evironment where you basically have to bend over and take it from customers?

give examples of this "entitlement".

and please... dont make shit up.

you bring an ar-15

I work in fast food, for example I will take a hambeast's order and I will read it back to her, she will say "yes that's correct". I then take her order out and she bitches to the manager about how we forgot her fucking french fries. I read it back to her and asked her if it was correct, people just do not pay attention and they think just because they do not listen they should get free food.

just grow up. and heel if your feeling petty no reason you can just full on stare at people in a way so they know that you look down on them and despise them, like the gangly dork you are.

>demanding free things that are "under warranty" when they aren't
>complaining about expired coupons
>price match lawyers
>last minute shoppers that take their time
>talking to me as if I made our stupid store policies or prices
>expecting us to tell them what problems they're having when they don't have basic information about their equipment that needs fixing
Have you ever worked in retail?

I too work at target Sup Forumsrother and its not all that bad, you have to think about the type of people who come into the store, the people who think they are too good for walmart, theres no way around it. If they start being assholes just dont help them and be like "sorry" its not worth worrying about and getting worked up over

its part of the job and culture instilled in the consumers by companies to bring more people in.

deal with it, or quit. not saying it in a dick way. im not conservative.

im saying its easier to change jobs, than to change a fucked up system that caters to dumb fucks.

i work at a dollar store, smile and agree

>Have you ever worked in retail?

no. but i understand your pain. cause i know the masses arent particularly smart or empathetic.

i will say tho that target is one of the best retailers ive worked for

start saying "on behalf of (my employer)" before apologizing for things instead of just saying "i'm sorry". It will help provide the distance and is thefirst step to hardening up and not giving a shit

2 years in retail, so you're either a student, soon-to-be student or a retard.

I liked helping people when I worked retail part-time while in school. You'd get the odd asshole or bitch but for the most part people were alright.

If you hate your job, find another one. Read the book "Do what you are" -- it shows you what jobs would be good for you based on your personality type (so you would be good at the career and actually like it too).

Let's face it: most jobs will have shitty moments. Find something you like to do, make as much money at it as you can.

Otherwise stop bitching and tell the 45 year old women where they can find the tampons.

People coming in and letting their kids fucking throw product off shelves because they have no inkling of the fact that human beings set up the store

"I've been coming here for years, I should get a discount." Probably the most common example of entitlement

>2
find a better place to work retail, did it for six years in highschool and during college, gap and sephora. there were also shitty people that you could laugh about with your coworkers, but I also got to know regulars who I'd look forward to helping

why dont you just realize they are upset at their own miserable lives when they come in and take petty shit out on you..

just kill them with kindness.. its the most painful thing you can do to them because they are looking for a fight

this guy knows what's up, get back at them by not sinking to their shitty level, there's satisfaction in knowing you're not a bitch

i hated retail and jobs where i had to sweat my as off under the whip of my boss.
so i got a job as a phone salesman.
and it actually felt great. i could sit at a desk and it felt like i was above those who had to get their hands dirty.
what made me quit in the end was the boss and some of my fellow employees.
all entry level jobs are full of shitty people, and people who exploit the system (bosses). they know they can treat people like shit for minimum wage, because ppl dont have a choice.
and they force the workers to be competitive and backstabbing.
they hold a carrot infront of the employes, and expect them to fight til the death over it.
while they earn lots of money themselves.

i dont see why i should let anyone boss over me. not the customers and not a boss.
i started selling stuff on ebay etc. i dont make much, but i have noone to ruin my day.

You make them feel stupid.
But kindly.
Oh, you wanted two fries but only got one?
Well here on the receipt it says you only purchased one.
Would you like to purchase another?
It's only $1.70 something ;D
Or another example:
"Oh, it doesn't have a tag so it must be free?"
Then you say something like "HA you're silly"
And just walk away and grab the same item with a tag.
It's all about letting them know that you know what shit they're trying to pull, and pushing it back into their face.
Make them know that YOU know.
And whether they get away with it or not, at least they'll be less likely to try and get free shit/special treatment/take advantage of you the next time.

This /thread reminds me of the need for new ways to just waste time.
Too, too much fail.

-Entitled white guy glad he kept his grades up. Lel.

thats just bullshit lol.
i allways think to myself "atleast i dont work here", almost wherever i am.
GET OUT OF RETAIL if you have any self respect.

Quit.

Easy. Just say "Let me check on that for you" and go take a big dump. Can't fire you when you trying to help but had to take a shit. Leave shit in bowl as proof.

I know your pain, but work hard and bullshit with the management and you'll get bumped up the ladder. It'll be 5 years as a butcher, in 2 years I'll run that business.

I work at Costco and it is absolutely freaking terrible. The most popular and busiest retail store, its a freaking zoo on the weekends. The people are awful they walk in like they are entitled and royalty and the managers are bastards who cut our hours so they can save money, and then try calling us in on our days off because they realize how busy they are and have no hands on deck due to the executive decision to cut hours. Fuck them and fuck Costco. Fucking grocery store is what that shit is.

Sucks man, flow team fag here, fuck target, making us do 3.75hr shift just so they dont have to give us a goddamn break

>student
>retarded
OP here, and basically both.

I work at a pool store, not a mass retailer like Walmart or target. Most of the customers are old people or dads. I guess I just don't like seeing people who throw tantrums with people they don't even know get rewarded. I get that it's going to happen regardless, but my original point of the thread was to find clever ways to stay within company policy, and not have it feel like such a victory for them.

>making us do 3.75hr shift

I wouldn't even fucking go in for the shift. Waste of gas that is, how ridiculous.

there is a guy at the local mcdonalds that allways make ppl repeat their order at the drivethrough.
i know someone who worked with him and she said he did it to make fun of the customers.
hes always making things a bit hard.
i love playing it back at him,
when he asks me to repeat the order, i do, but when i get to the checkout, i say that the order was wrong, and blame him for not hearing me correctly.
so he has to make it all over while i turn the music up in the car.
i allways make sure that the fries and drink is totally off, because thats his responsibility and not the kitchen.
i also pay with coins and make sure atleast one falls on the floor while i laugh when he has to pick it up.
i also make a comment to fellow passengars when i see a girl taking the call and hes working the window. i say something like "i think its that skinny loser in the window. didnt he get diharea all the time in high school?"

Yeah, and they rush us to get ~2000 boxes unloaded and stocked through the entire store in that time or the whole team gets in trouble, all while giving us ~14hrs per week. Ive been there a year and want to kill myself every time I go there, since Im 19 and a dude they pull the "Hey user, you should do this jon" card me

dude, quit.
its not worth it.

btw. im getting a penis extender today or tomorrow. would Sup Forums be interested in following me on that journey?

I'm trying, I literally have called off 8 times this year so far, I get really sick because the shift starts at 6 (I get up around 515am) then I go to class after, Im surprised I havent been fired. I really do need to find another job, or move to another dept (which Ive been trying to do, but they wont because no one lasts more than ~3 months at this position, the last girl literally walked out after 3 weeks)

>14hrs per week

user I know nothing of Target except that you should really get out of there. I work at Costco and it's shit alright but at least I am guaranteed 25hrs per week, starting pay is $13 and on Sunday you get $4 more per hour. You're 19, you won't be working garbage retail jobs forever but for the time being if you're gonna try to make money, why not apply there and at least make decent hours and possibly more pay? (depending on what you're currently getting at Target of course)

I'm doing target because I go to a regional campus, and plan on going to a major city main campus in 2017/18, so I want to transfer Targets, but yeah I'll probably be looking for something else I can do, I cant take it anymore.

Starting $13? What??? I'm payed the most in the store (job sucks so much), started at $9.50 now Im at $10.64, I live with parents and dont pay rent/food and can barely afford to live with the $200 every 2 weeks (Get payed every other)

dont move to another dept.
that line of work will break u down.
u live at home?

I work as a food runner in a higher end restaraunt (yard house . It's a Darden company. Huge selection of beer, its dope) the worst kind of people we get are the heavy food modifiers who basically order something that isn't on the menu. Take a burger and change it into some vegan lettuce burger crap or something. Also people who complain about our food to get free shit. Other than that, not too bad

Yes I do, and yeah but it's not as physical, my job physically sucks even though stocking and unloading doesn't sound like it, I lost around 20 lbs when I started

yes. work for your money you little bitch. its just a job. your not defined as a person by what you do to earn your money. work to live, not live to work. get a damm hobby, think about what your gonna do with said hobby while you autopilot through the day

I work for Dollar General. I feel ya OP. Customers are shit. Upper management is same tier shit.

Ahh okay I see. I don't know man I mean it's your choice but I say when you move you find something else. But still you said 2017/18 so that's pretty much a year or more of being stuck doing the bullshit you do. Yeah I don't think it's just my location but at my location they start us at $13 and if you get a full shift on Sunday it's good since you're doing $17 for 8hrs. We get paid every other week too.

i see, and i know the feeling.
Its not worth the money. i would quit.
i worked at a supermarket once, and i felt it easier to get fired than to quit.
If you find it hard to quit, then just get fired.
But if u quit, you have a better CV.

Yeah, I'll probably end up looking for something, just need to get pushed a bit towards it

I know the feeling to man, I want to get fired, not quit, Im not a quitter. Ive missed 8 days of work already and they won't fucking fire me for some reason

Enjoy your jizzburger.

> How do you stand up for yourself in an evironment where you basically have to bend over and take it from customers?

You don't.
You bend over and take it from customers because that's your job.
You should have studied in school. Those are the people who you have to bend over and take it from.

I work at a retail storeand I kill customers who are dicks with kindness or manage to diffuse 98% of situations by kindly offering them solutions and if they decide to be dicks about it I'll make sure that whatever I do takes 195% longer or say that it's impossible.

I also deal with it by stealing small shit from the company. Hello free phone cases and such.

Because you're the only dumb sucker who's ready to do it! Fucking hell, get out of there already, that misplaced sense of pseudo-strength only serve them.

Fuckin A right, this week Im going to apply to a ton of better jobs, then every day Im going to purposefully break candy packages open just so me and the team can eat them.

Thanks for the couple of anons that talked to me, I think Im actually quitting this shit soon, maybe all of you arent fags

also why bother firing you? plently more people they can just call while you dont get paid, or even better just save money

we are

All you Costco guys, I'm the other post. I work at Sam's Club so I know your struggle. I like my immediate peers/suboordinates (I'm the supervisor of the electronics/phone/photo area) but with a recent management restructure one of the other supervisors I have to work with and my direct manager make me want to fucking quit every single day I work with the assholes.

I make $13 living in a town with one of the lowest costs of living though so I mean with fulltime a thousand dollars a paycheck is easy enough to live off of during school.

Do the absolute bare minimum. Take 2 to 3 times longer to do shit. If questioned why you didn't get through things, say you forgot. Pretty much guarantees being fired in a week or two.