Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/search/?q=taeko ohnuki sunshower&format_exact=Vinyl&type=all
discogs.com/Descendents-Milo-Goes-To-College/release/395771
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a big assertion.

>tatsuro yamashita
entry level

>the best of a genre is now "entry level"

good meme, pls keep to your vaporwave threads.

city pop and shibuya kei are my favorite genres though

nigga everyone knows tatsu

this is like posting a picture of a radiohead album and shouting "I'M SO BASED"

I did nothing of the sort, nice try

good taste

Just listened to this, sounds like a rip off of Saint Pepsi though?

but what if my favorite genre is citypop

why dont you just listen to disco instead of that jap shit?

Anyone know the difference between these 3 LP releases of Sunshower? They go from $11, to $170, to $80. What's the difference?

discogs.com/search/?q=taeko ohnuki sunshower&format_exact=Vinyl&type=all

I don't know what I expected. The odds of someone knowing the answer are probably 0. With that said, Collecting Citypop on Vinyl is fucking EXPENSIVE.

What's on this album that wasn't already done by jazz musicians in the 70s?

>vinyls
which is stupid imho, considering the ultra-modernist æsthetic (urban clubs, 1980's technological Japan, slick & shiny over-production, soulless musicianship, etc.) of city-pop, you should collect the original releases in Compact Discs only.

City pop is more... sexy. And exotic.

All I care about is audio quality & I've already got a decent LP setup & cleaning machine on hand. I'm debating if I should get one of those original release Playstation 1 systems. From what I understand they have $3000 military spec DACs inside them, so they're the best CD players you can get for the price. Would make for a cool city pop player if I can find one.

>cds from the 80s

Do any of those even work anymore? I hear very early CDs (we're talking as early as 1982 here), weren't made as well as modern CDs, but that might be horseshit. Here', have a citypop list.

Me and my flatmate bought an original Descendents Milo Goes to College CD from 1982 at an Exchange store for like 8 bucks, wrapped and everything. It works perfectly. We didn't even know they made CD's that far back and had to look it up

I was surprised how old the medium is too. I wish they were cheap, I wouldn't mind having two versions of the same album considering how small CDs are.

That was just the copyright. The album wasn't released on cd until a decade later.

discogs.com/Descendents-Milo-Goes-To-College/release/395771

underrated

Because i am not subhuman Americuck

Also make sure to check out Melodies, Go Ahead, Spacy and Ride on Time, they are good on their own

The 2010 remaster under the Nippon Crown label features 3 bonus tracks including " 荒涼" which is in my opinion one of the best tracks in the album

For a more basic overview of the genre, not bad at all. Even though I'd personally add some Minako Yoshida to it

this

1.834 million (2012)
Neo-Psych