Someone told me to listen to swans so I bought this CD today

someone told me to listen to swans so I bought this CD today.

Screen Shot is the best thing I've heard in such a long time. Is the rest of this band's work as good as this song ?

By just as shit, yeah

Listen to filth, cop, young god and skip straight to soundtracks.
Everything else is mostly shit.

>children of god
>great annihilator
>shit

Burning World is the only objectively shit Swans album. The rest is good to great.

this

Listen to The Seer and Soundtracks for the blind to start

I recently got into swans also I was really impressed by she loves us. Good album.

faggot detected

If you like Screen Shot then try Lunacy

great annihilator is actually shit

But what if, hypothetically, I enjoy The Burning World? What would that make me, huh bucko?

Someone who doesn't like Swans or likes Swans too much. That's what.

wait til you hear bring the sun

You're in for a treat ! The other tracks on To Be Kind are great. When you'll be familiar with that album, you should listen to the Seer and the Glowing Man, their two other recent albums which are also great. You may find that some of the tracks are too long or repetitive on your couple of firsts listens, but if so you should try again a few times, almost everything in there is great even if it's not easy to get into.
Then, if you're not fan of heavy, slow, and super dark music, you should probably listen to Soundtracks for the blind, and go back the years. Their post rock period (the great anhilator, white light from the mouth of infinity, etc) is probably the easyest to get into.

>the great anhilator, white light from the mouth of infinity

that's not their post-rock period

Ok I got you bucko, I do like the ol' Swans a little too much maybe!

Tbh best band ever

Fair warning: To Be Kind is their best album and Screen Shot is one of their best songs. Make sure you check out The Glowing Man and Soundtracks

The Seer is better

Just use this OP

Seer > TBK > TGM
Swans are Dead is their best overall
You probably started posting here in 2013 if you disagree

I NEED LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE

Few hours ago saw that they're going to perform in my country for the first time. Bought a ticket as fast as I could. Excited as fuck. Where could I download the Glowing Man Album? It's not on TPB.

Answering OP, Don't really like their Filth-Holy Money era, White Light from the Mouth of Infinity is probably my favourite album ever.

The Burning World's still pretty good.

Its on soulseek or probably in a share archive
Also, glad to see someone else really appreciate White Light

Now that I think about it, you're right, but I wouldn't know what to call it then. RYM says "post punk / gothic rock". It doesn't really sounds post punk to me, and to me, gothic rock in general doesn't mean anything.

is it true that Micheal Gira killed some people?

FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM