What was the best concert you saw this year?

What was the best concert you saw this year?

pic related for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pere ubu desu

Tiny Moving Parts in a little hole-in-the-wall basement venue that just recently closed.

>Band is at the same level as the audience.
>100 people max
>Right up front by the band singing a long
>Ran into a couple people I went to elementary school with back in the twin cities.
>Minnesota isn't that big a place after all.

They're definitely a band to see live. Just as good as the recordings if not better.

Is it normal to not be able to hear much but a murky drone?
I saw a metalcore band as a teenager and I hated it so much I haven't been to a concert since.
I'm thinking about seeing nick cave though, any experiences?

Is that Korn?

Amsterdam yesterday?

Same, desu

John Darnielle at a solo show in Tallahassee, FL in February.

Vulfpeck, Kamasi Washington, Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem at Outside Lands

Death Grips, Run The Jewels, Car Seat Headrest, Beach House, Alex G, STRFKR at Sound on Sound.

Kind of helps the rest of this year seem a little less shit.

Fuck you guys I live in a bunghole in south carolina

Best concert was a local jazz band

This is me And I live in an even worse place for shows, I just put a shit ton of work/effort/money into saving money and planning trips to see shows, it's what I love to do. Also, I forgot that I saw Joey Bada$$ and Schoolboy Q in Orlando, Joey was amazing, schoolboy sucked, as I expected.

Joanna Newsom at the Sydney Opera House.

2nd was GY!BE on my birthday.

Jello Biafra backed by Reverend Horton Heat

1. Jezebel (Frankie Lane 1952)
2. John Dillinger (Guantanamo SoM)
3. House of the Rising Sun (traditional)
4. Holiday In Cambodia
5. Too Drunk To Fuck
6. Viva Las Vegas (Elvis)

2nd was Gorguts, Brain Tentacles, Intronaut, Widower, of the Sun the night before.

youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA

Rufus Wainwright

I've only been to one show this year

Built to Spill

I don't even give a fuck about them, it was just a ploy to bang a tinderella and it worked.

their new album last year is really awesome and I'm not a particular fan either

GY!BE, Radiohead, Arcade Fire

Philip Glass Ensemble playing Music in Twelve Parts. was a fucking marathon but it was the most engaging concert i've ever been to.

I went to one concert this year and it got cancelled. An entire day of traveling through the grim snow covered land of Sweden to see Revocation for the first time just to get informed when I get there that the show is cancelled because the bands are stuck in traffic caused by the weather.

Autechre show last month

I've never been to any concert so far

Saw Sigur Rós twice, both times at festivals. Second one was the best, easy

Fuck you guys, i'm so jealous, i live in a shitty hole for concerts called Dominican Republic, all i go is for local bands concerts.

I'm really sorry, Revocation are pretty good live. Saw them once with Aborted and Black Dahlia Murder.

Best concert was probably Architects, but I couldn't go to that many concerts this year.

Michael Rother - great performance and some new material written in the old neu! style was blended in - hope he records a new album soon (the hallogallo 2010 singles were great)

Seen like 200+ shows this year alone, this is hard.
Prodigy probably? That was a fun one.

Repetitor, a serbian band is a close second. Saw them while tripping balls on acid. Never heard of that band before that, but i had so much fun on that show that i absolutely had to go and see them again. Both times were great. Will see them again next month.

That's like 1 a day, fuck thats impressive

For me, probably Japandroids in London, 250 person venue best energy I've seen at a London show.
Honourable mention goes to Spiritualized doing Ladies and Gents in full, but rude crowd detracted from it too much.
Saw a local band (PAWS) a couple times and got drunk with friends so they were good fun but that's kinda cheating

UADA without a doubt

Saw Julianna Barwick live, was super happy because not only do i live in Russia, but my city is very isolated and i was in Moscow during the time of the show. Felt really surreal to see her live(it was also the first time that i ever went to a concert too) .

Kanye at the Forum

fuuuuuccckkkkk
how was GY!BE

swans
watching gira discipline the crowd was 10/10

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at Reading Festival

Sound pretty dope senpai

is that hunter hunt hendrix

What did he say

>watching gira discipline the crowd
that's pathetic

Tame impala
And then I'd say AstroBrite

boris

The best was by far King Crimson.

Honourable mentions to At the Drive-In (surprisingly), Savages and Katatonia.

Saw them supporting The Fall of Troy. Had never heard of them, but I was impressed. Not my kind of music, but they put on a great show.

Alcest in Lyon.

Salif Keita or Mulatu Astatke

>That's like 1 a day, fuck thats impressive
Well, kind of. I do go around for shows a lot, but i also included festivals in the number, and some had 20+ shows i went on

Autechre was my favourite show as well. Just insanity.

Saw Tim Hecker and Swans twice, plus Massive attack and GY!BE.

Also Iglooghost was fucking great, even though i was literally the only one there. Talked to him after, super chill dude.

Danny

Seeing them again next sunday in Madrid. So much hype!

Probably Peter Hook playing Unknown Pleasures and Closer in their entirety for a one off UK slot in my hometown
The atmosphere was absolutely incredible and we all walked out into the rain together singing Love Will Tear Us Apart and had a lock in at the student bar down the road until about 9am listening to post punk through the speakers and smoking joints
Best night of my life

Autechre or Darkside

Steely Dan
Animal Collective
The Used
Big Gigantic

That's all I've really been to this year, but damn if Steely Dan and AnCo weren't amazing.

Saw Gojira and Tesseract. Big fan of both and it was great. Also saw Being as An Ocean and Hundredth in the same show and the crowd and show was amazing. Ill be seeing Vektor and Black Fast in a week and Deafheaven and Carcass in a week and a half.

Thee Oh Sees in this huge typically tame venue was completely fucking nuts

GOAT probably put on the best show, but the audience was lame

got laid after Twin Peaks, but i'm not nuts about the band

Allah-Las probably played the best out of all these people.

crowd surfed during my favorite jam during Dead Ghosts

FIDLAR still probably takes the cake. FIDLAR was 1h of collective mass euphoria. Smallish venue packed with like 150 rabid fans. They opened with Sabotage and from then on everyone screamed the lyrics back at them. Nonstop slamdancing and crowd surfing. Topless chicks and dudes left and right. Totally respectful, everyone was just having a blast, except from a chick that passed out and we all carried out at the beginning. It was just too full, it was impossible to breathe in there.

10/10 for as far as a fun fucking show. pic from the show (fun fact: i'm in the pic)

Saw Shonen Knife a few weeks ago. It was pretty great. Definitely the most fun I've had at a show.

Oh cool, yeah I go to a fair amount of shows too, never been to a festival yet cause all my friends are into different music for the most part. There's a guy called Big Jeff who's a Bristolian hero who goes tries to go to a gig every day or something like that, mad.

>Thee Oh Sees in this huge typically tame venue was completely fucking nuts
Same thing happened for me, I'd seen then two years ago at a different venue that was better suited for their kinds of shows but they still blew up this time around
I don't think those guys can put on a bad performance

Off my nut on acid seeing post-Brexit Massive Attack in Hyde Park.

MIsfits, Ween, Flaming Lips, Deftones, Death Grips, Nas, Dillinger Esc Plan, GZA, Touche Amore, and Leftover Crack at Riot Fest Chicago

S'more good'ns:

Die Antwoord
Sleep
O'Brother
Melvins/Melt Banana/ Napalm Death
Snoop Dogg
Black Sabbath
Residents
Converge
Big Business
Sissy Spacek
Dinosaur Jr

Death From Above 1979

Magma, playing the whole of Theusz Hamtaahk and MDK live.

Spotless playing, genuinely hypnotic. The tightest band I've ever witnessed. So much better live than on record too.

Same, they are still great despite their age and played for almost 3 hours

They played all songs from Disintegration and Robert Smith still has great voice

Probably Faust with Boris/earth as runner up

How was the Melvin's show? That line up looks stacked.

Melvins are always super good live, seen em 4 or 5 times now. I was right up front 2 feet from buzz the whole time. they played a ton of covers which was sort of weird.
Melt banana was NUTS, and i love Napalm Death but honestly they were the quietest and least energetic one there.

Tedeschi Trucks Band- front row at the Greek (Berkeley)

and/or Steve Vai at the Fillmore SF. Hes apparently hes a good guitar player.

Death Grips in Glasgow was intense.
Danny Brown two days ago was sick as well.
Bloc Party at Sziget was surprisingly amazing.

Other gigs I have good memories of:
Action Bronson and FlyLo at les ardentes were really cool.
Gogol Bordello is funny as fuck.
Nas still has it.
I saw DG in Amsterdam again, still great, but the Glasgow show was more intense and half an hour longer.
Swans mostly impressed because Gira is down to earth like fuck.

Also Animal Collective was my biggest disappointment, their show was as mediocre as their last album.

Went to weekend 2. It was fucking incredible. Neil Young was the best.

Was that Primavera?

You mean Hunter Hunt Harsehole?

>I saw Simeon Soul Charger, Black Sabbath, Sunn O))) and Swans this year
feels good man
I would say I enjoyed the Sunn show the most.

Death in June, the first 30 min were industrial didn't see it coming

I saw Black Sabbath too. I didn't know what to expect going in and I got one of the best shows I think I've seen. Saw Kiss twice on the Freedom to Rock tour, and Sabbath absolutely murdered them.

Damn I saw Gorguts/Intronaut/Brain Tentacles when they came to Baltimore. Was fucking insane

Best show i've seen this year was probably Dawn of Midi...they just played all of Dysnomia, no new shit, but it was stunning

Worst was probably Clipping. Dudes put on a great show but the entire audience was a bunch of screaming Hamilton fans...ugh.

I've seen Death Grips twice, and Car Seat Headrest once. I enjoyed all of them, but I loved the CSH show.

>CSH
the audience clapped like idiots for 20 straight minutes and the fucker didnt even come out to wave good night or whatever

In order, I'd say..

Beirut
Beach House
Tegan & Sara
Miami Horror

Going to see Kanye in December

The Cure

hey Bill

no?

Guess you had a bad experience. It was a great crowd, and he stayed around to chat with people after when I saw him. The venue was really cool too because it was at the Natural History Museum.

Dark Star Orchestra 8/2/2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The setlist, albeit an elective list, was incredible. Their playing was impeccable that night.
The notable songs were Lazy Lightning > Supplication, Shakedown Street, and Midnight Moonlight.

just came back from their show in helsinki

holy shit

>Is it normal to not be able to hear much but a murky drone?
>I saw a metalcore band as a teenager and I hated it so much
No, see better bands. Nick Cave would probably be fine. It depends on the venue, but I never really have any trouble with that.

yeah, he stopped The Glowing Man to tell some kids to stop push moshing, that was a chuckle

Jeff Rosenstock, and Pup.

Flaming Lips w/the Colorado Symphony
Okkervil River / Landlady
Sufjan Stevens
Tool / Primus
Flight of the Conchords

In that order

1-Weezer
2- Drive lIke Jehu
3- John Carpenter
4- Radiohead
5- dinosaur Jr.

Not that guy, but GY!BE live is perfect. Never too loud, heavy and thick atmosphere and overall a very emotional experience. They played Piss Crowns are Trebled and followed it up with Monheim for a perfect one two punch.

Mladic is possibly the best song I've ever seen performed live, by any band. The only exception would be Starless by King Crimson

Saw Sigur Ros and Car Seat Headrest one night after the other. Both phenomenal

Skeletonwitch
wait no

WARBRINGER

i fucking love those guys, they're always so happy and put so much effort into playing.

seeing them with modern baseball last year was one of the best shows i've ever been to.

Oh shit I saw them with Touche this year. It was sweet!

1. PUP
2. Jeff Rosenstock
3. Touche & Tiny Moving Parts

in that order.

I wish I had seen Brain Tentacles on that tour.
I saw them a year or two ago, newly formed, opening for Melt-Banana, and they barely played anything because something technical kept fucking up. The album was pretty good.

Jeff Rosenstock was probably my favorite show in a long time. Hard Girls were really good before him, too.
I had tickets to PUP but had to skip it, unfortunately.

Try wearing ear plugs

I don't even like metal anymore, but the shows are really fucking awesome.

I was supposed to see them but they had to cancel :(

animal collective this a week ago...pretty crazy stuff

Stars of the Lid
10/10 experience, if you ever get the opportunity you should absolutely go. Best £20 I ever spent.

Hijokaiden
Boris

Boris was absolutely great.

Really enjoyed Gojira as well.

was great yes, where did you see them?

seeing anco on wednesday night at the bomb factory, anyone else going?
ill be there with my femme fatale keep an eye out my friends