Nick Cave

1. Cohen
2. Dylan
3. Cave
4. Waits
5. Springsteen
6. Bowie
7. Cash

Barring suicide, a freak accident or a sudden onset of a serious disease, Cave is unlikely to be dead any time soon.

why do you oppose those two and not nick cave?

Ok.

1 (best) - Bob Dylan
2 - David Bowie
3 - Johnny Cash
4 - Bruce Springsteen
5 - Leonard Cohen
6 - Tom Waits
7 - Nick Cave

My nearly objective opinion

1. Dylan
2. Bowie
3. Cash
4. Cohen
5. Springsteen

never really listened to Cave or Waits though

waits>cash>cohen>dylan>cave>bowie>springsteen

>nick cave
>bottom
>"nearly objective"

the only objective ranking itt
1. Cohen
2. Dylan
3. Cave
4. Waits
5. Bowie
6. Cash
7. Springsteen

Yeah, you seriously think Cave has more artistic merit than any one of those other guys? I'm not even saying he's bad, but the other 6 are some of the greatest

Dylan
Cohen
Bowie
the rest

cohen
bowie
cave
dylan
springsteen
waits
cash

You put Springsteen over Cave?
Says it all really.

At least the two on the bottom are objectively correct.
The rest is taste and mood I think, but I'd probably put Dylan #1 just because he's been the most productive and creative, succesful in many styles.

David > Joanna > Bob > Leonard >who cares

So was Bowie technically

probably because the others fall into that "singer/songwriter"-class whereas Bowie and Springsteen are more in the "rockstar"-class

Springsteen composes beautiful music and plays a number of instruments, while his songs tell great stories of city life, working, etc.

Cave, on the other hand, has written some very edgy lyrics, he's self indulgent, he's not nearly as musically gifted, his music is better for a certain mood. I honestly only like the Birthday Party, Roland S Howard's solo career blows Cave's out of the water. People only like him because he's trendy and a bad boy

1.Bob

POWER GAP

2.Cohen
3.Bowie

POWER GAP

4.Waits
5.Cash

POWER GAP

6. Cave
7. Springmeem

Then what do you call Greetings from Asbury New Jersey?

>he's not nearly as musically gifted
TRIGGERED

>Cave, on the other hand, has written some very edgy lyrics, he's self indulgent, he's not nearly as musically gifted, his music is better for a certain mood.

This applies to a lot of Waits as well (except the musically gifted part I guess)

Nick Cave really is a hack, he wouldn't be shit without Warren Ellis tbqh

edgy avant-teens don't like Springsteen, figured he'd get that kind of respect on Sup Forums these days.

You could say Waits and Cave too maybe.
But I think Dylan have more perfect songs than anyone else, AND many of them he's done in many perfect styles. Bowie just performed the songs as they were written, not as creative in that way.

Swap Cave and Cash and I could agree

>AND many of them he's done in many perfect styles

Dylan was a great live performer in the 70s but nowadays it's like he doesn't even remember the melodies of his own songs

prove me wrong
Tom Waits' music pushes more boundaries. He fuses a lot of genres, and sometimes I think he does what Cave tried to do only better. I'm convinced that Cave took influence from all the other 6 in OP's list, they were all before him anyway. And he didn't perfect their craft or anything.

Personally I listen to Waits much more than Springsteen. But that's just the mood I've been in this past year. I can tell that Springsteen's work has a lot of depth. If you want something edgy/creepy, listen to Nebraska

Shove your power gap up your ass

this

this, also where the fuck is Tim Buckley on your list OP?

Nick Cave=Tom Waits>Johnny Cash>David Bowie>Leonard Cohen>Bob Dylan>Bruce Springsteen

Eh, I guess Cash was never much of a songwriter to begin with so I see where you're coming from but the few great songs he did write are on another level compared to Nick Cave's stuff which is pretty gay for the most part

Neither Cash nor Cage are among the greatest songwriters of all time really

I feel like nick drake should be on there too

Nick Cave > Leonard Cohen > David Bowie > Tom Waits > Bob Dylan > Bruce Springsteen > Johnny Cash

1. Bob Dylan
2. Leonard Cohen
3. David Bowie
4. Nick Cave
5. Johanna Newsom
6. Tom Waits
7. Johnny Cash
8. Bruce Springsteen

Blonde on Blonde>Songs of Love & Hate>Low>Ys>At Folsom Prison>Let Love In>Rain Dogs>Born To Run

Dylan>Cohen>Waits>Cash>Cave>Bowie>Springsteen
The only one I dislike is Springsteen though.

Neil Young
power gap
your list

Waits > Springsteen > Cohen > Bowie > Cash > Dylan > Cave

Bowie
Dylan
Waits
Cash
Cohen
Cave
Springsteen

You already ranked em properly

Nick Drake > all of them

Joanna is garbage near them

>no Lou Reed

Cohen > Cave > Bowie > Dylan
Not familiar wth others

lmao kys waifu shitters

Cohen > Bowie > Dylan > Cave > Waits > Cash >>>> Springsteen

Townes Van Zandt > everyone

His son died, so he's probably thought about killing himself, and the stress that would cause him would increase his risk of heart attack, stroke etc. Plus he's an ex-heroin addict.

>Waits this low
Sup Forums confirmed to have pleb taste

David Bowie > Johnny Cash > Leonard Cohen > Nick Cave > Tom Waits > Bob Dylan > Bruce Springsteen

thiss

Warren Ellis joined the Bad Seeds after all their best work, I don't think you know what you're talking about

I don't call anything anything, I simply said what I think the reason was for him to single out those two

I really didn't know Cash was so well-liked here
Kind of surprised too

Nick Drake and Tim Buckley blow all of those in the water desu.

Where's Neil Young

You have shit taste
This board is 18+

Says the guy who likes memefolk LMAO

Any list that doesn't have Dylan at #1 is trash and should not even be looked at desuu

1. Bob Dylan
2. Leonard Cohen
3. Nick Cave
4. Tom Waits
16. Johnny Cash
829. Bruce Springsteen
90001. David Bowie

worst to best
>Johnny cash
>Leonard cohen
>Nick cave
>Bruce springsteen
>David bowie
>Tom waits
>Bob dylan

Dylan
Waits
Cohen
Springsteen
Cash
Bowie
Cave

Bowie shouldn't even be included in this list, he's a singer-songwriter, yeah, but all the other artists are far more steeped in Americana (yes, including Nick Cave) than he is. It's one of the defining traits of literally all the other songwriters, it's not some random connection the rest all have.