So Sup Forums, I am going to build my own PC. Primary use case: Gaming

So Sup Forums, I am going to build my own PC. Primary use case: Gaming.

I have a budget of around £900 +/- £100. Show me what you would build. Bonus points for using PC part picker.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/p7scCy
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N6QpgL
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3KqGXH
pcpartpicker.com/list/PGkxr7
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rvRD3F
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2vb7Ps
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dcGycc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In return, I shall green text a story about hooking up with a woman from an internet game.

>Be me, 15.
>Play a game called legend of mir
>Absolute boss, slap people around daily.
>Start talking to a woman (yeah, no girls on the internet).
>She is 30, with a boyfriend and a kid.
>Invites me up to see her.

>pentium 4
>256mb ddr2
>ATI Radeon HD 2900XT
>some dell mobo or some shit
>£700 of hookers and blow

>I'm thinking it is a bit strange, with me being 15 and all.
>Whatever, I want to get my dick wet.
>Virgin.jpg.
>Get train for 2 fucking hours to Carlisle to go see her.
>Oh my god what a shit hole carlisle is.
>Meet her at train station.
>Pretty hot, for an old bird.
>Head over to her house.
>Get there and her boyfriend is there, the fuck?
>They were supposed to have split up.

I'm getting a hooker in a couple of weeks, she is already budgeted for.

Wait for polaris.

budget for more drugs then.

pcpartpicker.com/list/p7scCy

My recent build. If you want to throw in the little extra upgrade to a 1070 or go with a larger hdd or throw in an ssd.

>I'm a little creeped out, but we have some pizza and a few beers.
>I'm a mess, drop my beer all over sofa.
>Twice.
>He has a few beers and then "oh no I can't drive home". Yeah jimmy, we saw that coming.
>He sleeps on sofa, her in her bed - me in her kids bed (kid not there).
>Half way through the night I get woken up by someone feeling in my boxers.
>Thank fuck it is the milf.
>Tits out, most glorious tits I had ever felt up to that point.
>Starts sucking me off.
>I'm ok with this.
>Few minutes pass.
>Fucking boyfriend walks in room.

>He starts crying, I swear to god.
>Grown ass man and he starts crying instead of kicking a scrawny 15 year olds ass.
>Leaves the house at like 2am crying his fucking eyes out.
>Fuck yeah.
>Fast forward 5 mins, I'm balls deep in pussy flopping like a fish out of water.
>Virgin is bad at fucking, who knew?
>Fuck a couple more times that night - I'm fucking shit.
>She rides me like a champ, lets me blow on her face.
>We talk about anal in the morning. Fuck yeah.
>Go to sleep full of happy thoughts, with a naked milf next to me.
>This went well.

>Morning comes, she makes me a bacon sarny - just like my momma used to..... fucking wierd thought.
>Suddenly, massive knocking on the door.
>Oh fuck it must be the police.
>Wait, I don't have any drugs here.
>She opens door, her mum and dad burst through it.
>Dad is in full on rage mode.
>Her ex boyfriend had gone and told her fucking parents.
>Are you fucking kidding me
>Dad is not happy, massive guy, carries me up the stairs pretty much.
>Tells me to get my shit whilst calling her a pedo.
>When I have collected it all, he pins me up against a wall.
>Headbutts me fucking well.
>Massive lump on head.
>I leave, get the train home and never speak to her again.
>9/10 would do again.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/p7scCy

No pcu cooler?

Case has 3 fans and the CPU has a built in fan. If you are a game you won't need one. If you also do CPU intensive tasks consider a $25 cooler master. PC Runs sweet as hell also PC case is well ventilated and roomy so you have plenty of airflow. I get 90-200 fps on most games ultra. Rust gets a solid 60-70 but that's just rust being terribly optimized.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Wait for Polaris

As in the amd gpu? Isn't that end of this month?

Do not wait for Polaris they've already said it won't be as powerful as the 1070. It's a budget card. They got their balls kicked in by the new coding of the 1000 series so they salvaged by calling it a budget chip. They will have a nice chip in a year though I'm sure.

The word budget doesn't bother me. I am not looking to have the best computer out there (hence the budget), but best bang for your buck is always a good thing.

Also jsyk the non K series chips are all cooled already the Skylakes aren't. If you told me your purpose for the PC I could help more. Built hundreds of PCs kind of a job/hobby.

Just want to play games reasonably well, that is about it really.

Yes but for your budget the 1070 (which would push the budget a bit) would be a good option. The best option would be an MSI 980 though you can still get a great deal because of the 1K series. Won't last long though as supply dwindles as the 900 series is already discontinued.

Isn't the 980 a bit shitter than a 1070 for not much of a price saving?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N6QpgL
Wait to get a 1080 until the amd cards come (will make them lower in price a little).
Or get an amd card as they will be better £/frames

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N6QpgL

£1,200 - way over budget.

Not at this point. The benchmarks of the 1K series were all cherry picked so far and considering optimization of most games and drivers the 980 will probably run as well if not better as of now. Also, I wouldn't call $70 not much savings as its probably a 10% increase at Max in performance (eventually) compared to close to 20% increase in cost. Also, unless you run 4K you'll be able to run anything on ultra basically at 70+ frames already (in my experience).

A mate has a 980Ti he has just sent off to be fixed - going to get a refurb back from factory, think I should offer him some moolah for it?

Then swap a few things out.
Slower / less ram.
Cheaper psu.
AMD card...

Just removing the ssd is going to cut £70 off that if you can live with slow loading times

In terms of value for money I cannot live without an SSD. Would i5-6600 be a massive downgrade from the 6600k?

Also, thanks Sup Forums, I'm shocked at your helpfulness today.

I don't trust refurbs because of the precise nature of GPU's. Literally nanometers of solder etc. Never know what you're going to get. I'd go base 980. Just my opinion they are very powerful still. Pic obviously related for non troll purposes

What the fuck is that demented frog looking thing on top?

Just cant overclock the 6600, but with the 6600k you can.

So if you're going for just a 6600 I would take the watercooling away (since you can push the 6600k to 4.5+ with ease).

How is this looking? Just under budget, including some dodgy arse windows copy.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3KqGXH

If you're using it for gaming a 6600 is honestly a little overkill itself. Gaming is not gpu intensive. I went with the 6600 over the 6500 purely because of clock speed and the fact that I VR. Which is, coincidentally what the frog beast thing is.

Also, swapping out a few parts won't work in USD that's like a $1600-1700 build. I spent days researching bang for buck because that was coincidentally my price range.

Also, I'm a newfag poster longtime lurker. Wanted to help because building a PC can be shitty if you have no one to bounce ideas off of.

Hero user, it is appreciated.

Also, you can definitely overclock the non-skylakes now... the 6600 is very OCable

Also, he is USD (I'd assume?) so you're still pretty over budget.

>gaming is not gpu intensive
Depending on the game it can be very gpu intensive

Ignore last post. No sleep didn't see op pound sign

I'm not USD, I'm a fucking limey mate.

I'm assuming a typo, he meant CPU.

so, how is the court case of statutory rape and assault going?

Just fine, thanks.

Only horribly optimized games with shit multi threading are CPU intensive even rust or TERA or planet side won't take a 4K series CPU past 60% rust is terribly optimized but manageable on any 5K CPU or higher.

Yeah, sorry typo on the gpu note. Temporary tard status

Rust isnt horribly optimized.
Its one of the smoothest games I've ever played.

pcpartpicker.com/list/PGkxr7

So, how is this? uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rvRD3F

From a purely demand standpoint the optimization on rust is definitely backseat to the content in updates. Also, if youre a brit definitely dont go 1k series gpu yet they are gouging you guys.

why the fuck would OP spend so much fucking money on a 980 when a 970 is 10% less capability for 50% less price?

best advice, OP, ignore everything in this thread, including this, just go back in time and read tom's hardware.

>first build
>liquid cooling
>gtx 1080
>le corsair vengeance meme
>fully modular psu
>6600k

fuck hell you're retarded

A 970 is a completely viable option ut with his budget a 980 fits. Also, I would say it's arguably more than 10% and definitely not 2x as much. I'd recommend a 1070 but EU is getting fisted on those right now

Significantly more memory
8,192 MB vs 4,096 MB 2x more memory

Better PassMark score
9,755 vs 8,666 Around 15% better PassMark score
Better 3DMark06 score
17,292 vs 15,071 Around 15% better 3DMark06 score
Better floating-point performance
4,358 GFLOPS vs 3,494 GFLOPS Around 25% better floating-point performance
Higher pixel rate
68.1 GPixel/s vs 58.8 GPixel/s More than 15% higher pixel rate

>le corsair vengeance
>quotes wrong post

You're what now?

Throwing it into the mixer, MSI R9 390X?

Tries to be a Sup Forumsro.
Gets flamed.
Typical

Only from one dick, I'm rather appreciative of the discussion, learning lots.

I dont like the 390 seriesthey have more compatibility issues and the drivers arent as good imo. TNot much cheaper either. I guess I'm sort of an Nvidia fanboy and I'm also an MSI fanboy so I love the MSI 980 for clock speed and config over other versions.

Small protip, click the post number you wish to quote, it will pop the quote in the reply box for you.

>Lurkers problems.

From what I can see online the amd 480 is going to have some bitching bang for the buck?

Thanks m8.
But can you wait for that? I foresee problems similar to the 1070 where the first models off the line are going to be a mix of A-grades and B-grades with a price gouge. One of the reasons I don't like buying new chips. Also, the initial compatibility and driver shit that inevitably happens but yes it will be a great option 6 months after it comes out when prices go down and you get an A-grade chip option

I was waiting for the 1070 to drop in price, but the fucker seems to be taking forever - and I really want a fucking desktop, been years since I had one and this shitty laptop is about to die.

You EU guys are going to be fisted for a while i thought the $450 initial in US was bad.

Yup, seems that way - would hate to buy another GPU that is already obsolete though..... fucking bastards.

Small pro-tip
When a new chip comes out it is usually first come first serve off the line in how they get sent out. Contrary to popular belief all the chip specs are not the same at all. Some will run much faster than others even in the same model. Later on they will have a surplus and rebrand the "hot" chips with tweaks into the X and Ti versions etc. So initially it can be a crapshoot. You may have already known that though.

Didn't, thanks.

I wouldn't use the term obsolete. When you're talking bang for the buck you usually want a card that is towards the end of it's 1-year cycle and then upgrade every 2-3 generations for a 50% boost. or as $$ allows. It's uying a car. You can but a car that goes 170 MPH for 20k or less but if you want one that goes 200mph youre going to pay a lot more for a seemingly diminished return in performance. Honestly games haven't maxed the capabiliities of the chips that are already out unless you 4k game

Only going to be playing in 1080 so not an issue. So older chip = good. 980 it is, is it worth the extra for the Ti?

up to 1 gen old chip is good unless you're 4king or going ultra build for some other reason but for a mid budget build a 980 or 1070 (for US) would be a good choice. If you want to go Ti i wont tell you its a terrible idea but imo the returns arent worth the extra especially since the MSI 980 is like $100 off right now. Also, if i were going to go for a big boost i would sli 970 or 980 rather than go with a ti as it would be much better. I don't SLI but you get my point.

I do get your point user, thanks.

So this is going to perform pretty well for £800?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2vb7Ps

I cant speak for the case because it is slightly different than mine but it is compatible and thats all that should matter. Other than that yes it will run very well. If you have any games you want numbers on I can boot them up for you and give you exacts. If you ever want to sli you will need a different MoBo but if you dont want to do that like i dont then that is a fantastic mobo. Also i take it youre going to flash windows on considering i dont see a CD/DVD?

HTC VIVE

Yes and it is NIFTY

Happy to spend a little more on a case that you can recommend. To be honest I don't really need games numbers in particular, I just want a pc that won't be slow as shit and can be upgraded easily in a couple of years.

Urm yeah - I was going to worry about getting windows on after - besides, I was going to buy a dodgy arse OEM serial.

Well before this thread dies, I just wanted to say cheers guys - been very useful.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dcGycc

here you go

I hope I was helpful! Glad youre getting an awesome PC