Hi Sup Forums I'd really like to see some serious and thus logical opinions whether alcoholic is worse than weed or...

Hi Sup Forums I'd really like to see some serious and thus logical opinions whether alcoholic is worse than weed or vice versa.

I think we all know who wins this debate but you have nothing to do anyways get your ass in here

if i had to choose one or the other i would prefer to smoke or eat marijuana, alcohol is much more harmful to the body

Tits in a tree jerking off a dog with lingering eye-contact with a kangeroos aborted daughter

I can smoke a joint the night before, get up early in the morn and not feel like shit

They are both pretty fun but alcohol is physically addicting and really just a fucking poison all the while pot is generally harmless.

But marijuana harms you mentally.

Also what about which effect do you HONESTLY prefer, being drunk or being high?

Neither is particularly bad unless you're an idiot and in that case it's not the drug that's the problem

They both have their good and bad sides. Going from drinking everyday to smoking everyday, I feel better smoking albeit a bit slower. Not having hangovers or throwing up all the time is nice. Weed will fuck your wallet harder though, unless you're the type to spend hundreds every weekend.

Lol what about this then? You seriously think something you smoke could be harmless?

"generally harmless" isn't even close to it. Pot is as harmful as any serious drug if overused. I have a friend who literally CANT focus unless he smokes a joint (my dealer, lul).

Meh, both are pretty equal.
Weed is a good drug when you're with a group of 5-12 people, while alcohol is great for a group of 12+. Both have made me vomit and nauseated tho, and I tend to get very sleepy from weed after 4/5 hours while alcohol lets me go the whole night.

Basically you replace drinking with smoking which probably happens everytime you don't have some work to do because if you're not occupied with something you're bored and feel bad so you gotta get high which in a few months or a year will start to have long term effects on your brain.

How often do you go out with friends? Just curious

Several years down the line at this point, bud. Already pickled my brain good and proper if that's how it's going to happen. At this point, I'm not fussed. Life is shit and we're not long for this earth, I think worrying to much about my health would be worse for me than enjoying myself. Maybe not in terms of how long I live, but definitely in terms of how much I enjoyed the life I had.

Alcohol
>Lot's of deaths

Marijuana
>No deaths

marijuanna is KILL
not oven ounce!

From a society point of view I would prefer to see alcohol banned and pot made legal

I barely smoke weed. Once a year maybe, and drink way too much, but you've only got to see what alcohol does to people, the violence that happens once people have had a gutfull

Never seen a punch up between a bunch of people smoking weed, same laws would need to apply for driving though

Honestly the Dutch have legalized marijuana and its hasn't torn it's self apart

The only thing that couldn't handle it is the job losses in the hospitality industry from pubs etcclosing down

I've enjoyed both for a long ass time - pot makes me withdrawn and anti social while alcohol makes me louder but more talkative. Both in moderation is the bomb

/thread

alcohol

>fucking idiot

marijuana

>get psychosis

idk man it's pretty much a shitty coin toss both ways

Eh that image a biased piece of fucking shit man. Anyone who has tried both knows that. Weed can make you feel like absolute shit as well. Honestly i've had as many bad weed experiences as i've had bad alcohol experiences.

Okay I have tried both weed and alcohol. I'm trying to give the most unbiased opinion I can here.

Honestly, they both have their good and bad sides. At the end of the day, I would take alcohol over weed.

I've obviously thrown up drinking, who the fuck hasn't. However, i've also thrown up smoking weed. They both can make you nausea and feel like shit. Weed can also make you have muscle spasms and all of that gay shit, trust me it's not fun. If you're drinking alcohol purely to get drunk, alcohol is FAR FUCKING CHEAPER than smoking weed. Don't get me wrong, the effects of weed can be cool, but for me I'd take alcohol over weed any day.

I don't get this statement... If weed was legal it would obviously be far cheaper??

>But marijuana harms you mentally.
Alcohol does too. It's literally neurotoxic, which weed isn't.

>People in this thread talking about puking from smoking weed.
Imagine being that much of a pussy.

Alcohol for me. I like weed too, but I almost always find myself at parties/situations where alcohol fits better.

With alcohol I can go from raving to chill to fucking zoned out in one night. With weed, I'm either chill, practically brain dead or asleep. Let's not forget that you can pop a champagne or open a good bottle of wine to celebrate/chill basically wherever, whenever, with whoever, but you can't exactly just light one up. More people drink than smoke, and using either of these substances is a social thing for me. Alcohol is more versatile, at least in my experience.

Btw I don't think you can judge them by price. I drink good shit but smoke average weed. I have friends who drink whatever they can put their hands on but smoke quality weed. In the end, you can spend just as much on alcohol as you can on weed. If you're just looking to get fucked up, alcohol all the way, but then the plastic bottled wine and vodka will induce a hangover that will make you consider suicide.

I moved from Alcohol to Weed as my social drug when I was about 20, fucked up a lot less on weed and saved a bunch of money. Don't drink much at all these days, handful of times a year maybe.

If it was legal it would be heavily taxed like alcohol

and cigarettes

Are you going to have the guts to tell the family of every fallen LEO that their family member died to NOTHING? That you are on the enemy's side in the war on drugs? Didn't think so you edgy little KID

weed is no more than a mood enhancer.
If you feel like shit, weed will make that feel stronger, if you're happy weed will make you even happier.
After you gaine some experience you can totaly control your weed trip.

>War on drugs
Retarded shit like any other attempt at prohibition, moving money from the Government to criminal agencies and corrupt officials

Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

you could just trade the pubs for places where you go to smoke

That's pretty much every drug, ever. Even alcohol. Set and setting and all.

I've found alcohol to be more person dependent, I've known guys who will consistently get violent on it and others who just get funny.

WITNESS ME!

Cannabis is a depressent drug this image is dumb
I dont drink but i do smoke but this picture is just so biased

I don't understand people who get angry on alcohol, seriously. If you are getting angry drinking, you just have problems in your own life. Whenever I drink, or anyone else I know drinks, it's just a good time. No one is angry, aggressive etc. It's just a good fucking time. Alcohol tends to enhance those negative experiences. If you're a cunt, just stay away from drugs in general please, stop ruining it for everyone else.

Yeah I agree with most of that post, trouble is how do you stop the violent/angry cunts from drinking?

well,
I'm not angry or violent on alcohol. But I enjoy getting in fight when wasted. No anger involved.

also never happens when baked

I prefer alcohol, which is probably more harmful, yet i dont see how alcohol affected me in any way, but i see how weed affected my friends. Not able to catch a fucking thought, being pissed about some shit for no reason, generally become slow thinkers and braindeads, forgetting about stuff. Also i hate "parties" where everyone smokes weed and after drining 6 beers i feel like im in a fucking mental hospital and like i cant talk with anyone because they are retards to me. I dont hate on weed but parties and people generally are more fun when theres alcohol included. Also i hate the propaganda about weed.

> Also i hate "parties" where everyone smokes weed and after drining 6 beers i feel like im in a fucking mental hospital and like i cant talk with anyone because they are retards to me

Replace weed with alcohol and alcohol with no drugs. You sound like a teetotaller complaining about being at a party full of drinkers, ofc the shits gonna seem stupid if you're not doing it too.

I've been drunk or wasted at parties, both are fun as shit just one ends up with less vomit and punchups and more people asleep on the floor.

if you were smoking the weed too you'd have more fun

I can smoke till I'm completely retarded and go to bed and wake up in the morning feeling fine. Even just a few drinks I feel like shit the next day, so I would smoke if it weren't illegal.

I think both drugs' effects depend on the person, and on the set and setting too. It's just that the results are more varied and sometimes extreme with alcohol.

I have a few friends who I smoke with, we all get the same weed, we're all happy as far as I know, and some pass out, some get inspired, some get funny. The set and setting is the same, the effects are not.

If you get a cunt high, he'll be his regular cunt self, just high. If you get a cunt drunk, he'll be ten times the cunt he usually is.

Pretty much why I stopped drinking, fun while I'm drunk but never worth it.

>If you get a cunt high, he'll be his regular cunt self, just high. If you get a cunt drunk, he'll be ten times the cunt he usually is.

Yeah fair enough, maybe agressive cunts aren't so attracted to weed? I've never smoked with a guy who acted like a shit stoned, paranoid, mellow, giggly, talktative etc but not antsy/aggressive.

Yeah your right about the convience thing, it's easy to goto a pub, have a beer and chicken schnitzel.

I guess converting places into smoke houses you'd Haverkamp section areas off for 2nd hand smoke, aka little 3 year old sheeting high while trying to eat dinner

I guess the major point is it COULD happen but I thinks society at this point has carved out its way and where in a bit too deep to change it

I need to quit too, like even a few beers at the bar, like 3-4 over a 2-3 hour period so I don't even really feel drunk, but still don't feel good in the morning. Not like a bad hangover, but not as good compared to not drinking. I guess it might be because I'm getting older, it didn't happen in my early 20s.

I think it would be cool to get weed legalized for the people who like it because I know for those over 18 it's relatively harmless. Personally, however, I absolutely hate alcohol, cigarettes, weed, vape etc and lose nothing if one day there is a weedpocalypse and all the pseudo-tards that consider brain-altering substances a main hobby go extinct

Alcohol all the way.
It's more social and ego boosting also makes you braver.
Weed is just kind of lah di dah. Limp wrist artsy thing. And hardly any difference in flavours. Just a hipster fad for hippies and blacks. Don't.Get me wrong. We've all tried it. But if you don't get over it pretty quickly and prefer drinking and partying then you're probably cracked in the mind.

> But if you don't get over it pretty quickly and prefer drinking and partying then you're probably cracked in the mind.

Heh, I got over partying pretty quick.

There is a reason why alcohol is legal but dangerous and potentially lethal marijuana is illegal.

Weed is the "healthy" and "safe" route but this is what makes it so fucked up
When you smoke a lot, you become fucked up but other then that, nothing really happens
When you drink a lot, you become fucked up and you also feel shitty later on and that shittiness acts a deterrent for later consumption
Not to mention that you can get high and go the work after that, but you can't do it if you get drunk
Which means that you can smoke weed all day everyday and suffer little to no consequences so you'll continue to do so

Booze.
I've seen weed fuck people's heads up permanently and alcohol just Fuck people's heads up for a few hours.
Also never seen a social stoner. Seen a few creepy ones who think they're social but never a legit life of th party stoner.
Give that nerd a few tequila slammers and hell be fighting and fucking like a champ.

Weed is fun once in a blue moon I reckon but as a drug of choice and drugs purposes mainly b ing social enhancers it's gotta alcohol. Weed Is just too boring and Fucks people's heads up.

If you can't drink a beer and not feel like shit in the morning you are a pussy.

Your dealer is not your friend

>There is a reason why alcohol is legal but dangerous and potentially lethal marijuana is illegal.

Gotta protect that important cotton industry

Weed you can smoke all day every day and not really have any consequences. Alcohol if you get smashed once a week that's too much.

I wouldn't go to work stoned or drunk, but I do go to work with hangovers and I know my performance at work is terrible those days. So if I were to get shit faced or really stoned, I think getting stoned would be better for my next day at work.

Depends who you hang out with it I guess. If you prefer chilling with a small circle and doing something quiet I'm assuming you'd prefer pot.
If you prefer going out then alcohol.

Way I see it. Alcohol is for extroverts and weed for introverts. No right answer in this argument. Just what people prefer based on how social they are.

Exactly right mate. Stoners are just fucking boring.

Even when I got stoned the weed just made me cool with being bored and not doing nothing.

For parties its gotta be alcohols. It's just funner. Weed is Fucken boring. And yeah it's supporters are the worst.

When I was young without a job that didn't have drug testing I liked smoking weed and jamming with my buddies, we could play for hours. When we drank and tried to play we all kinda got angry when we'd fuck up a riff and so we'd just stop playing and get super wasted. So there's a lot of different views on it.

How was school last week?

>Okay I have tried both weed and alcohol

Congratulations. What are you, 16?

You just think n o one notices. You seem like a pasty slow bore when you're stoned. You just don't care because weed is an apathetic drug.

Says the stoner. Finished uni over five years ago. Just never been to an exciting stoner party. They just play system of.a down have ugly girls and all talk about other times They got high in places.

Alcohol has been around for fucking ever, like before Middle Ages, it's documented and easy to make. It's just alwAys been in a shit ton of society's.

Weed is no where near as common not sure when it was really made illegal, quick Wikipedia search (taken with a grain of salt) seems that government was sick of people putting it in "patent" and "secret recipe" medicines and wanted it labeled as a poison.

It's only been banned for a bit under 100 years in the us

So you forgot how to type properly in 5 years?, congrats user.

Yeah without a job and playing videogames wit friends of course when you have nothing weed is better it makes you not care.

But when you start going out in groups with girls and guys. Dancing being loud and unwinding you can't beat alcohol.

If I had no live I'd probably prefer weed too. Weed makes you not care about it I guess.

Just drunk brother. Finished work and went pub. Pointing out errors over the internet make you feel special I guess. Attagirl. Much love to you.

But I'm just saying my opinion. Weed really is only good for when you have nothing. Ain't no group of guys and girls out to have fun is gonna pick a bong over tequila. However if that group is just trying to not be bored rather than have fun then the weed is the answer.

But there is a massive different between having fun and not being bored and that's the difference between alcohol and weed.

I love weed, it's one of my favourite things ever, but I hate stoners
Whenever I get high with other people, all they wanna do is sit and the very notion of leaving the house fucks them up
I'm not talking about going to a party or anything like but things like just go outside of the house and maybe grab a bite to eat
Not to mention that maintaining a conversation with them is utterly pointless
So to me weed is for when I'm alone and just wanna chill at home and alcohol is when I wanna be social

And I'm glad they banned this lethal plant. Drugs kill many people every year. And you people shilling for druglords don't make it any better.

Ohh yeah I can understand the wanting to get into a fight if you're talking about just a friendly thing? I usually do that with my mate even if i'm sort of half serious half joking.

Yeah see that's the problem. There is no real way to stop them... not much we can do aye?

>Weed really is only good for when you have nothing
>But there is a massive different between having fun and not being bored and that's the difference between alcohol and weed.
And clearly you are correct because how could your opinion be gainsaid.

I'm too old for going out and partying till 1 or 2 in the morning. I get up at 6 am for my engineering job (I've got a vacation day today) I'd rather just smoke some weed at my house with some peace and quite.

Alcohol is for young people.

What about cartels violence? Drug dealing related crimes? How many deaths do these leave? I don't have facts about drug related crimes against drunks(driving, beatings, etc). But violence rates on cartels and all that shit is increasing. You can say "I grow my own weed, so I don't contribute with them cartels/heavy drug dealers", but it's the same as saying "I get drunk, but I don't beat the fuck out of my wife anf kids/other people/I don't get violent". What I'm saying is we can't generalize on both sides. That's just my opinion, I don't drink nor smoke weed or anything, I quit drinking a year ago for no reason.

The problem is, it's the illegality of something that makes it only available to be exploited by crime.

Every single time in history a Government has banned a consumable substance the only people who benefit are the ones who peddle it illegally and the ones who get paid to ignore this peddling.

Jokes on the cartels, I steal their product without paying.

>Sup Forums (specifically Sup Forums)
>serious
>logical

[gets intensifies]
*heavy checking*

These are actually the only valid arguments Imo, but then if eeed os legalized, I think there is going to be corruption in who will handle tje business, the government will want to have their noses and pockets on the market, that's just something that might happen in already corrupted counties, I don't have facts on countries that have already legalized weed, so I don't know how they're doing and I might just be full of shit

When you get older, pot makes you a pathetic cuck whereas alcohol is way more liveable.

breaking dubs chain you fuckboi

This is now a gets thread

There will always be corruption, it involves humans. The main difference is it moves the powerbase from large criminal organisations to the government. If it's handled like alcohol then you will have licensed growers who pay a tax on their goods and sell legally then you will have people who grow at home to use and/or sell without the tax, this is the nature of the beast, you aren't ever going to stop people consuming things they want to.

>Alcohol has a habit of causing problems
>Alcohol is good when consumed responsibly

>Weed is unnecessary to enjoy life
>Weed also has a habit of creating problems, despite people's claims

>Alcohol is used as a recreational accessory and has been around in human culture for ages

>Weed is not as culturally rooted and is used more by people who want to glorify it and show it off rather than actually just smoke it - douchebags

I'll never smoke weed and I don't see it's appeal. I'll drink alcohol, just not very much, yet I see its appeal.

alcohol is top tier.
legal, makes you escape reality. cheap. socially acceptable.
pot is good but if you smoke everyday you go to shit. also, it doesnt make you really escape as alcohol does.

And it's cheaper to go out and pick your own mushrooms

Yeah, that's really accurate

Obviously alcohol is worse

I doubt that alcohol has any Proven way of circumventing the negative effects of Marijuana

Maybe that's where Greece went wrong

But that's not everyone else's fault you have a busy schedule, those of us who get a 3 day weekend, everyweekend like to experience a bit more to life.

I think the other problem I have with alcohol (I know it's hypocritical of me to be bagging it out when I enjoy it frequently) is just the culture around it

Where not taught from a young age that you don't need alcohol to have fun, and that if you had a rough day you should go home and have a drink, or every time you go out for a meal you should share some booze. Every tv show/movie now days sprukes the opposite.

Japan actually doesn't have the same booze related problems as say UK and London, Japan actually has a different culture towards drinking

i'm an alcoholic. I'm 20 days sober this time. During binges I have wrecked my life and others numerous times. It doesn't happen everytime I drink but across a long enough timeline bad things happen. When i just smoke pot I'm chill, I feel much better, and I don't hurt myself or anyone else.

My dealer is stopping by in a bit and this is a very good thing.

>Not able to catch a fucking thought, being pissed about some shit for no reason, generally become slow thinkers and braindeads, forgetting about stuff.
>i feel like im in a fucking mental hospital and like i cant talk with anyone because they are retards to me.
AKA every drug ever. Don't tell me you've never met a drunk person.