Go back in time and become any elite military soldier of any warring faction throughout human history...

Go back in time and become any elite military soldier of any warring faction throughout human history, what would you be?

Only rules are you cannot be a Spartan hoplite and you must go back to at least 1940. You can be either an irregular or professional solider, it makes no difference. Since we've all been cheated of a great war I think it'd be a fun exercise.

I'd a a Roman Praetorian on campaign.

inb4 Waffen SS

go back to 1300s and invent guns fight the mongols that invaded and captured then recapture demand be on state $$ for life

That's being a scientist, not a solider you fag.

That said, I like where your head is at. GJ fag.

Bump. C'mon niggers post what you'd be if you were men instead of consumers!

Gaelic warrior, go back to muh roots

I'd literally be directly involved in exterminating you and your bitch queen. Feels bretty good.

Ninja

One of Ragnar Lothbrooks viking homies

I want to be a roof korean

Definitely a viking berzerker, get to go apeshit drugged up into valhalla

Underrated

My nigga. That's my second choice. We shoulda been born in another century my brother.

Absolutely, England wouldn't have been able to withstand our fury

Agreed

Possibly be MACVSOG in vietnam or Spetsnaz in Afghanistan.

fuck yeah, Spetsnaz is a great choice and so is killing Muj. Great choice.

Some elite artillery fighting for the British Empire any time in the 18th century. Relatively safe behind the lines, time to retreat, and death is fast enough if the enemy catches up, without the need to march head on against line infantry. Better medical care and a pistol if beyond saving.

Most casualties in ancient battles occured after one side was routed. The fleeing soldiers were cut down. Cuts and stabs didn't cause a quick death very often, so the fallen were left to die in pain, immobilized on the field. Even if they were collected by either side and received care, most died due to infections. Diseases were also rampant.

WW1 was fucking brutal, if I were to fight in that war, I'd rather die than live with that kind of PTSD. In the early years of WWII most armies were steamrolled by the Nazis. Death is not so glorious if your sacrifice is mentioned in history books as "Lel faggots fought heroically for some time then got wiped out" I'd go with the Waffen and surrender to the Brits as soon as possible if 18th century British artillery wasn't an option. I hate Nazis so no chance I'd kill or die for them.

Crusader knight with training as a Chevalier!

I would bring guns with me, would be declared god by those standards.

until you run out of bullets

I'd be a Roman legionary.

Shit seemed badass.

A scottish rebel fighting off the english invaders in the 1300s.