ITT: Movies that has had bad reviews, but you think are genuinely good and or worth watching

ITT: Movies that has had bad reviews, but you think are genuinely good and or worth watching.

warcraft was a let down. So this thread is already over

Watch Lexx.

warcraft is total shit.

Never really watched anything sci-fi, will it be good anyway?

Stanley?

Matt?

Paul?

Yes it's good

Play alot of wow, do you? "Oh where are the trolls? How dare it be slightly different then the made up world that I've been living in 2005. WHERES MY LEVEL 300 MINATOUR SHAMAN PALADIN AND CAT SIDE KICK!".

tell me why you fucking degenerates

Warcraft was better than the remake of Star Wars IV aka Star Wars VII

Christian?

yes

Well I am going to give it a shot then!

Martyrs, Salo, Serbian Film, and that one movie where a girl gets raped repeatedly in a forest

Tim?
Also checkd

Imo it was around 7/10, the lore itself was fine for me, but it had lots of sideplots that kinda Led up nowhere

I enjoyed it. It has its flaws but I enjoyed it anyway.

Sebastian?

Know the name of the last one?

Yeah like why did they keep showing that baby? Who cares

Honestly, the baby will grow up to be a very important lore character called Thrall, that's why.

Cheesy lines "For my son!"
Cheesy jumps on gryphons.
Cheesy everything.
A guy in full plated armor in a fucking lightning wall.
A demigod is killed by teleporting a golem onto his head.
Gay king, terrible actress of the queen.
Cuck mage apprentice.
Orc baby. Jesus christ.
Armor that looks like it's made from tinfoil.
"Kill me, so that you gain your honor. I'm king so whatever, lol."
Footmen with boomsticks, swords, and shields..... wait wat?
"Oh, hi, you've just killed twenty of our orcs, but you killed their king, so you're with us again. Welcome."
That fucking fangs

Aaaaaaaaaand

ASIAN
FUCKING
ELVES!

3/10 at best.

I had a few issues with the movie. Mainly the size of their hands. Unnecessarily big.

>mr right
>transformers(because it looks good and you can shut off your brain)

This

warcraft is extremely good movie.

Sucks there wasnt sw siege and alliance of lordaeron, but still its like one of the best movies ever made.

good old Seany Beany

I loved how the the movie looked. I loved the sound and music. I even thought the acting was pretty...decent.

But the story. Oh my god.
The overall story is pretty much the same as the original lore. But apparently mr Metzen and Jones thought it would be a good idea to go "Jackson does the Hobbit"

There is no invovlement with the character. The whole story just seem a bit random with zero explanation to why anything is happening.
And thats a shame. Because Warcraft got some really deep and epic lore.
The whole story of how Medieval got processed by Sargeres and how he went into a coma at his younger age is just...magnificent.

And how is this explained in the movie? It's not. Instead we get Medivh go "I got fel inside me lol sorry gg" for no freaking reason.
And why is Khadgar somehow no longer his apprentice? For what reason did they change this? If Medivh and Khadgar still had the same bound as in "The Last Guardian" we might actually feel something for them.

I could go on with lore changes that does nothing but dumbing down the story.
Like why is Dalaran floating? We visit the city once! And why do we go there? To visit some black box that is very special. And the box opens! This has never happened before! This should be some epic and once in a life time experince. The box is opening!! But I have no idea of what this box is. I simply dont care.

And what do we find inside the box? A dark shadow that appears to be an old women. And what magical and epic thing does she give? What kind of special truth will she share? NOTHING! She tells Khadgar what he already knew. The whole trip to Dalaran did nothing! Why did we even spent time here!?

I think the forest rape one is Evil Dead. Either go with the original or the recent remake. I like both.

...or he might mean that recent movie called 'The Forest'. Still haven't seen it though.

This guy knows his stuff. I agree.

Better than most movies you need to suck a big black nigger dick faggot get good fag

there is no rape scene in "the forest"

Critics are shit, rocky iv is great

Bad reviews came from fan boys that wanted game to movie like fucking idiots. I in the other hand never played wow therefore I treated this movie with no knowledge of the lore. In my opinion this movie is great and should watch it. Gawker.com are idiots and suck cock rememeber dont read their articles

Rocky IV
Top Gun
Bloodsport
Mission impossible 2
The Lost World

>actually expecting the movie to follow the lore completely.
No wonder your hopes were let down user.
As for the lady in the black box, I have a feeling it was Magna Aegwynn. But I could be wrong.

must be Evil Dead then. By the way, did you enjoy The Forest? It got crappy ratings but i'm curious to see what it's like

Ho ho ho ho I was scrolling around and saw your comment, I played that shit a lot, you really must acknowledge how stupid you sounded spiting this shit of comment, I like when stupid people give opinions based on their retarded pseudo knowledge.

I Spit on Your Grave (original). There's more than one version. The 2006 one was also cool.

I did not rate the movie based on how faithful it was to the original lore. But if you're going to change something, at least have a reason. I mean I didnt mind Thrall getting mosed away or his parents dying like they did.

But the story was too inconsistent, it tried to show too much and too fast.

We see a battle, jump to Stormwind and instantly back to another battle. There's no time to absord it or to feel attached to it. It's like if they made lord of the rings into a single 2 hour movie.

They could atleast have made some sort of intro that explaing the setting and back story.

nah. wasnt scary at all.

2010*

This

>Bad reviews came from fan boys that wanted game to movie like fucking idiots.
Implying the game is not based on the whole wow history, are you really trying to pull somenthing here?, ho wait, you are.

>never played wow therefore
You're commenting like a peasant, please do us all a favor kill yourself

>In my opinion this movie is great and should watch it.
>In my opinion
I guess is settled no one cares about your shitty and hollow opinion.

The Shining. I really love it.

I think he meant "I Spit on Your Grave", from 1978. It was brutal

Hahaha right?

Man, if you like over the top rape scenes, check out "Gutterballs".

Also, it's a really good bad movie.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

go listen to your Mozart you fucking faggot

The Shining is on literally every top 100 list ever made. How exactly is that poorly reviewed?

Right, like hearing good music is a bad thing, are you even trying retard?

Got horrible reviews in 1980

Thx brah

This

Movie was bad, should have been campy like the games

Ah, well that just proves that reviewers know shit.

Unless the guy that posted it was talking about the mini series--but I can't see anyone saying they loved that piece of crap

Haven't seen Warcraft but figured it was a massive cringe-fest with little cinematic value greater than your typical Uwe Boll film.

You're spot-on.

All those side plots are for those who know the lore. I told my neighbor it wasn't bad, but he would have to watch it with me, a lot of that stiff doesn't lead anywhere

Pixels

Postal

Not Another B Movie

It has its charms. I liked it--but I play the games. I would think if you weren't familiar with at least some of the lore, you would be lost and bored. It was just ok for me.

Everything that came out of the 80s is cancer, I'm living proof.
>89

Some people hated district 9 but i loved it

Decent movie, was nice seeing familiar sites from the games.

I did not like Garona, she seems very out of place in an unnatural way. They could have played off that more as in the movie she was out of place, she should not have been where she was. But the Horde was all CGI and she was a Green faced human. They should have made her less smooth skin and more orc.

Example; pic related

I liked it too. I think that got pretty good reviews though

I may give it a watch just to see how my initial response compares. I know more Warcraft lore than I care to admit, usually just from reading the Wiki out of boredom. It's interesting, but I just could never see it translating into film very well. See it as a cheap grab for profits and nothing else, much like WoW itself.

Alien 3 is worth watching

Yeah from critics, most of my family & friends hated it

The director is a WOW freak. You can tell he loved the material--even though the movie is pretty much a mess

I see.

Another user answered already but like they said, that baby grows up to become Thrall.

If you don't know who that is he's basically the Moses of the Warcraft world. Not to mention his character plays a role in almost every event in WC3 and WoW.

My guess is that their next movie, if they do one, will focus on Thrall's journey in the WC3 era.

Patently false

Fucking plebs everywhere
>"THIS IS NOT LIKE IN WOW, WHAT THE FUCK?!"
Have any of those faggots read at least ONE book?

Sure there was some cheese but the King's logic at the end of the movie was solid. There was NO WAY that *spoilers* he would make it out of that situation alive.

Your issue with the footmen and their equipment is something I cant empathize with. They had those weapons in the games and were shown using them almost identically to the Warlords of Draenor opening fight (which what a coincidence it was a fight at a Fell Gate)

The lightning wall can be explained away with magic.

Mideeve was hardly a demigod but the golem was fucking heavy dude. Besides use rpg logic, a demigod MAGE is gonna have shit for defense

It's quite funny how people come dressed in Aliance outfits to the Warcraft movie while in fact, aliance doesn't yet exists at the point of time the movie takes place.

People kept calling me Bronzebeard when really I was Gimli rofl.

The director's cut is one of the best films I've seen.

CRIPPLE NIGGER SOLDIER PUNCHES ALIEN IN FACE GO AMERICA

You wot

I dressed up as Gimli from LotR but everyone thought I was Bronzebeard from WoW since there's no discernible difference between the two.

Woohoo patriotism

oh I see, lol

Roadhouse

I loved the film, although the scene transition was too rushed and the lore was completely different from the game. The lore thing bothers me way more. I mean how many versions of azeroth do we really need.

>There are my men dying all around me. Let me just sit down and think about what would serve best this half-orc that I met yesterday.

>Not every-fucking-footmen had the gun

>"It's magic" is a stupid go-to explanation.

>Medivh has been demigod in the lore (that I read after the movie). In the movie it was a guy that teleported a lot.

You dressed as a lotr character to go see wow? If that's the case, you kinda got what you asked for, no?

You forgot

>Garona is now Medivh's daughter

Monica

Pic related

π get

Great job

Agree