Alright Sup Forumsros, so yesterday there was a thread about division by zero with answers like "0 is not a number"

Alright Sup Forumsros, so yesterday there was a thread about division by zero with answers like "0 is not a number".

I remember a teacher said once that time doesn't exist, is not a dimension like space, is just like a construction made by humans. I've been trying but I still don't get it.

Any smart user would explain this? is really killing me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA
reddit.com/r/timewarnercable/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only thing i dont get man, is if time didnt exist how come things show effects from it?

Are you a girl.

Google spacetime

easy. remember last night when that black man was raping your ass forever?

At that same exact time I was taking a dump that took no time at all.

that proves that time is relative. It appears differently to you and me

time does exsist, trees grows human grow older, clocks dont do that time does think with your brain dumb nigger faggot

I think time does exist, but measuring it is a human concept. Like, nothing says a second has to be as long as we say it is or a minute and so on. Idk that's just my opinion though

Uh its not a hard concept, humans use "social constructs" to solve problems. You're stuck on "0 is not a number" when you should be focusing on the fact all numbers dont exist, theyre just a tool to solve problems. Race, the table of elements, time, numbers, theyre all made up.

fgt,time exist but the meaning is that we set us self limits in minds and shit. next b8?

>black is not a colour

>you cant be a facebok junky cauz fb base on rl...

/thread(s)

Hey dumb fuck... time is man made

>not a dimension like space
B-but it IS a dimension like space

Actually space has 3 dimensions (x, y, z) and time had 1 (t).

But this has only been known for a little over 100 years, so your teach is forgiven for not being aware of this.

Our instruments are subordinates of our minds. your teacher is a mindfukker.

Oh ok, good to known op didnt state his teacher said time doesnt exist.

Things don't show effects from time, the show effects from various forms of entropy. Time is a construct we created so that we could have names for things like days or years or seconds or minutes. If time does exist as something then it would how this user said .

What we know as time is just what we created as a facsimile of time.

If you take the equivalent mass and divided 3 times the speed of the axis than why is OP a fag???

Pic not fucking related

What the fuck is this gnarled cock of a sentence?

hey dumb gay retard it's not

Time exists man. It isnt from entropy that a tree grows or that our bodies crumble.

>entropy
Can only change with time

learn to read puffy jew lips

Dumb gay retard.... you must be 12

>"0 is not a number".
Lel, okay Gauss.

im 22 oafy bloke

time is a theoretical unit to explain our position in space after the big bang and to measure nearly everything

numbers are somewhat theoretical too. plain numbers dont exist but things you can count exist

It's not from time either. Biological matter can not exist permanently and eventually deteriorates. Same goes for growth as well, the goal of all biological organisms is to prosper and reproduce. Time has nothing to do with this, we just use time to measure how long it takes. That's like saying that a ruler effects how long something is because a ruler measures how long it is.

Entropy =/= the passage of time. Entropy is just something that happens because of things like rust, erosion, and failure of systems. See above.

This is different, for example we know there is electric current "flowing" through a cable, there is the current, is not invented, and we made numbers, units (like ampere) to measure it. we have an amount of substance in a cup we can measure (using moles for example), but there is the amount of substance. Now we hace the seconds to measure the time, but where is the time?

Retarded new age bullshit. Time exists. The units of measure might be arbitrary and your perception of it might be flexible and unreliable, but time absolutely exists.

Okay. For the sake of this, don't question the metaphysical nature of the content in this post. Just take it as "truth", or as something like that of a diagram or model with which you need to work with.

Three dimensions include the X,Y, and Z axis. Width, Length, Depth.
Two dimensions include the X and Y axis. Width, Length.
One dimensions include only one axis, which we can say is only X. From our point of view, it may as well just be Length.

Zero dimensions aren't hard to grok in terms of what we say space is supposed to be. Just think about what happens to all the matter in a black hole- it allegedly becomes a singularity. A literal point, with no expanse or "space" to translate within. A true dot of matter. A vertex. No dimensions, no space, just a point. Just the fundamental nature of what space is built upon- several points, which construct lines or line segments which can construct more, and so on and so forth.

The above is an example of what the abstract nature of these constructs can illustrate. What you can get up to, when you have the tools at your disposal. Is zero a number, or a placeholder?

You'd have to do some real reading to really understand where various people come from when they approach these topics. Never assume that everything is as-is, when people suggest these things. The very nature of these claims, their associated metaphysical qualities, is what should prompt you to first digest all of the possible models, and then accept one that you agree with the most.

Time is a real concept. Man only gave it a name and quantified it.

In short, we humans create abstract ideas in order to understand the universe we exist in. We give everything a name, and we communicate with each other with those names.

Time is just another abstract concept that we use to understand the continuity of the universe. We have yet to grasp the significance of infinity. Our minds can't really understand what infinity is. Endlessness. We can't comprehend such a thing. Why? Because our way of thinking, the way that has been used and developed since our early days as neanderthals, and the way that has let us evolve and continue life as a species, just doesn't have the capacity for it.

Time is a human construct. Change isn't. Change happens constantly in our universe, and it happens at a frequency we can't even begin to comprehend.

If nothing changed, it would be like time had stopped. We measure universal change in an abstract measurement called "time".

Yes but if there was no time, none of this would happen. Nothing would age. The cycles of the planets, stars, galaxies are all products of time. I get the whole hurr man made stuff, but just because time is relative doesnt mean it doesnt exist

When you go near light speed , time moves slower for you , so , time actually affects your body because you can grow older by 1 year when you are traveling near light speed and return home and see that the world is 100 years older than when you left . So , if time doesn't exist , than why don't you age at the same rate as the ones on earth when traveling near light speed ?

Our understanding of time is a social construct. Particles act the way they do because of forces that effect them. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." If time was actually something, it'd be a force of some sort, moving everything "forward" in their other force driven motions and actions.

Time is just how we name certain effects and properties of our surroundings.

As a physicist all the bs in this thread is hurting my head.

Time as in "it's 12:07 PM" is completely subjective and man made. Just another one of man's ideas to give him a false sense of order. Time as in- progression of events and things in a chronological fashion is real.

youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA

Tells you all you need to know.

Time exist and gravity affects the passage of time. I saw a show on PBS where they took 2 synchronized cesium clocksl one to the top of a mountain and left one at sea level overnight and then compared the times and they were off by milliseconds due to the differing gravity strenth

Time is simply a measurement like Length or Height. Neither of those are forms of energy or matter, but ways to describe it.

According to einsteins theory of relativity time is the unit used to describe how we move through space. And according to this theory the faster you move the less time passes

This, u guys got the point. Where can i read about that?

/thread

>time as in "it's 12:07 PM" is completely subjective and man made
Just like this lenghth is called 1 foot is completely man made

>The level of retard in this thread in unreal easily above 9000, I was unaware the highs could be reached.

I never said anything about time being relative, but that is correct.

Also, the cycles of stars and galaxies are products of gravity. They don't move cause time told them to, they move because gravity compels them to. Saying that time directs everything like some omnipresent being is bordering on some sort of religious thing. If anything, time is just a thing that's 'there.' Always has, always will, that doesn't effect anything,and it is completely intangible.

This is assuming that time is even really a thing, which you apparently believe it to be.

>implying gravity

This.

Times exists prove me wrong with relativity

>infinity
Hold up.

Our minds most certainly can grasp the concept of infinity. This isn't impossible. I can prove it to you, right now, using words.

The fat brown cat grabs a bat the fat brown cat grabs a hat the fat brown cat grabs a bat the fat brown cat grabs a hat the fat brown cat grabs a bat the fat brown cat grabs a hat the fat brown cat grabs a bat the fat brown cat grabs a hat the fat brown cat grabs a bat the fat brown cat grabs a hat the fat brown cat grabs a bat the fat brown cat grabs a hat... (and so on and so forth).

I have turned a finite number of concepts, and arranged them in such a fashion, that the new occurrence has become infinite. I could say "The fat brown cat", full stop, or continually repeat "The fat brown cat".

This isn't even taking into consideration the numerous ideologies, models, thought experiments, and the like involving the concept of Infinity. This isn't even taking into consideration the various models of a Universal Learning Machine's capacitance, in virtue of it's intensional ability and heuristic decision-making.

Exactly, that's why astronauts in orbit are technically aging slower. Time moves slower the more gravity increases.

So nothing progresses is what you are saying? In the grand scheme it is all gravity, that is the main motivator?

>astronauts in orbit
>there are no astronauts in space

you've explained countable infinity
fixed set of possibilities times infinity

That's not at all what was said. The user said that the planets spinning around each other is cause of time, I said it was cause of gravity. Maybe follow the conversation next time.

Space station is where?

Time is a dimension.

It's temporal, not essentially physical such as length, width, and height.

If time didn't truly exist then relativity would be bullshit, and with the wealth of experiments and evidence behind it, that's unlikely.

no
it's the difference between each point with different gravity properties which results in that what you've explained

>What is the ISS?

Time and space exist together.

God exists outside of time.

Before the big bang. There was no time or space.

If you enter the 4th dimension you can move freely through time and space.

God and heaven are the same thing.

Your consciousness is a piece of God.

When you die you return to God.

There is only one universe.

Anime will never be real.

You will never get a good gf if you are a fat neckbeard athiest.

Oh the pseudo physicist is getting snappy

Time exists, it's the evolution of something, anything "moving" is related to time

On the other hand, Mass isn't an absolute property of the matter...

I don't think the implication is that time directs change, it's that change can only happen as time goes on (change over time). If something changes, then time must pass.

Time does exist and is effected by gravity. It has everything to do with entropy

>International Swimming Station

You haven't see n the bubbles have you...

Time = something changing

Nothing changes no time

Radioactive decay.

Thats why "Time didnt exist" before the big bang.

First problem, you haven't defined what 'time' is.

Time as in hours and seconds, does not exist. What does exist is a sequence of events which man has applied something to because humans inherently like to codify things and put measurements on shit. For example, once upon a time, the week was 8 days long, not 7.

People going "HUR DUR CUZ PEOPLE GET OLDER AND FINGS GROW" are talking about entropy, not time.

We can see an amount of substance too, we know we have electrons making an electric current, we know movement of particles make temperature and etc. We have undersantand about dimensions but no time, there are the seconds, but where is the time? how can you explain time? can you see an amount of time?

Time itself can be warped

>Search time dilation

>Before the big bang. There was no time or space.

Actually, there was. It's just the gravity of the singularity was so strong that it stopped time progressing. It had to exist for the explosion to happen.Also evidence has suggested the big bang has happened 13 times already, resulting eventually in the death of the universe and it restarting.

Can you prove it ?

Go to sleep kid.

They are warping magnetic fields

That doesnt really have anything to do what he said.

Which assumes that time is truly an actual force in the universe which is something that we can't prove or disprove one way or the other because it's all theoretical because we have no way to actually truly study it.

>the singularity was so strong that it stopped time progressing. It had to exist for the explosion to happen
Time didn't have to exist and if time stopped progressing then how did it progress to the Big Bang? Fucktard.

No. That is why it's temporal rather than physical.

We can directly see time being affected through the observation of black holes, as well as experiments with atomic clocks and acceleration/gravitational pull which proved that time does independently exist and is relatively influenced by gravity

Gravity did not exist either.
Time did not exist.
You're lying about evidence to seem smart.
We have nothing but theories that cannot be proven

i dont live in a house though

>evidence has suggested the big bang has happened 13 times already

This statement right here gives it completely away that you have no idea what youre talking about and are regurgitating buzzfeed level edutainment bullshit.

Can you illustrate what definition of Infinity you mean to put forth, then... ? Is it from the strictly mathematical definition involving set theory?

>Regarding the use of "infinity" in the context of limits, this is a
completely different concept. It is not related to the sizes of
sets, but rather to the natural order of the integer, rational, or
real numbers.

That sounds an awful lot like having a grasp on the significance of a sort of Infinity- one of real (uncountable) qualities.

I'm not sure how the concept of Infinity isn't meant to be measured in any other sense, though; per the formal definition, it has no boundary. It does not end. Arranging finite qualities into an infinite chain should count as something that is truly Infinite, because the quality of "infinite" nature is that which does not end- it isn't dependent upon the nature of the qualities in question being infinite in of themselves. Not even real numbers are dependent on this.

>Nothing changes, no time
>Time itself can be warped

Do I have to point this out, or are you just stupid?

>theories
a theory is true as long as nobody can disprove them
simple science

A house fire. Any house.
Houses exist.

I want to spray E=MC² over that shit.

>Sudo science

Time is relative, and is a representation of the experience of change. If you were to exist in a place where nothing changed, then time would not be experienced.

>Astronauts experience time in a different way while in space than on Earth because the rate of change differs based on the forces of gravity and temperature. Time is dictated to them based on the experiences that happen on Earth

But it also has to be proved, otherwise it's just a hypothesis.

I theorize that you are a flaming faggot.

You lose the Internet debate. I win.

That is part of it, but according to Einstein's Theory of General Relativity, spacetime itself is warped according to something's gravity.

So therefore, time is existent even though you can't necessarily touch it.

Time is a man-made measure for the relative change of systems in reference to one another due to causality, entropy, and emergence.

Wrong, time depends on their speed relative to the speed of light.

Lrn2Relativity

reddit.com/r/timewarnercable/

If it is proven then it is not a theory it is fact.
Hypothesis and theory are same thing wkwkwk.

no, a Theory is only a model that may or may not gain enough consensus to be the current most accurate explanation until otherwise.

Youll never here a legitimate scientist say "X theory is true."

you mean to your observations. not to the tree's

google "Hilberts Paradox" and you will understand quickly

Itt: Virgins who saw interstellar and think they are smart now.

>Hypothesis and theory are same thing wkwkwk.

Jesus fucking christ you need to go back to 4th grade.