I nominate Archers Of Loaf - Vee Vee 4 Sup Forumscore. 86% on metacritic, christgau - A...

I nominate Archers Of Loaf - Vee Vee 4 Sup Forumscore. 86% on metacritic, christgau - A. Depressing townie bar patron lyrics. A 70s punk version of Pavement. A sad, nihilistic, sarcastic version of Mac Demarco.

youtube.com/watch?v=2FqBHok9gCk&list=PL6ZRTjhk02ETvqmH_uq3K_PzcYnGjStuY

The video for Harnessed In Slums is very bad, do not watch, it semi-ruins the song.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EloCmSqiDLs
youtube.com/watch?v=MnIBBbWFJ38
youtube.com/watch?v=q7F1Xv2WqpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M8h5LSZCe1I
youtube.com/watch?v=fpc_E-fBQ8c
youtube.com/watch?v=UX76x2vKn80
youtube.com/watch?v=oYAhl1_m47o
youtube.com/watch?v=682WTVy_SOk
youtube.com/watch?v=pBdRlUkIwZg
youtube.com/watch?v=h-GUAiUOtVE
youtube.com/watch?v=wpsnGZGEb7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Harnessed in Slums is the best 70s punk song written in the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=EloCmSqiDLs

Are you fuckers into southern retards?

youtube.com/watch?v=MnIBBbWFJ38

Is it better than Icky Mettle though?

We already have Pavement, why do we need a subpar rip-off with no success?

Yes, much. Lyrically, sonically, musically.

Vee Vee is a more cohesive and stronger album than any one of Pavement's. Pavement only made it because they had a better record label that did better press and promotion.

Hey Eric stop shilling your mediocre indie album and drink some bleach you anal faggot.

More bands with this sounds pls?

They didn't do that great of a job. Pavement made it because they're great and got noticed by their peers.

Here are other songs from Archers which are 10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=q7F1Xv2WqpQ

youtube.com/watch?v=M8h5LSZCe1I

youtube.com/watch?v=fpc_E-fBQ8c

You might also like Polvo

youtube.com/watch?v=UX76x2vKn80

youtube.com/watch?v=oYAhl1_m47o

youtube.com/watch?v=682WTVy_SOk

Hot Snakes

youtube.com/watch?v=pBdRlUkIwZg

youtube.com/watch?v=h-GUAiUOtVE

youtube.com/watch?v=wpsnGZGEb7M

>Steal the color from the meat of my eye.

grade A flow. it's almost like punkrap.

thanks pham

my Archers ratings are

Icky Mettle - 8.5
Vs Greatest Of All Time EP - 9
Vee Vee - 10
Speed Of Cattle B-side collection - 6
All The Nations Airports - 7
White Trash Heroes - 7.5

ChristgauArchers of Loaf: Icky Mettle (Alias, 1993) Guitars screeching every which way, beats speeding and hesitating and slamming chaos back into the box, twentysomething boyvoices whining and arguing and drawling and straining, it's the world according to indie rock: a tantrum set to music as sharp and self-contained as a comedy routine. Aurally, this is now--one now, anyway. If it has zero to say about tomorrow, why don't you just worry about that then? A

Archers of Loaf: Archers of Loaf Vs. the Greatest of All Time (Alias, 1994) Even when they fuck around--half a minute of silence to open, two minutes of scales to whet or ruin your appetite for their catchiest tune--they sound like a live band ready to service a living audience, their gleeful anger felt rather than assumed. And with a new album coming down the chute, this abrasively aestheticized little EP could be your last chance to one-up the madding crowd. A-

Christgau

Archers of Loaf: Vee Vee (Alias, 1995) Eric Bachmann's pissed-off, speechlike yowl-to-croak isn't as callow or pop as Stephen Malkmus's demented, speechlike croon-to-whine, but their bands share an aural gestalt: tuneful two-guitar breaks that set off unkempt explosions before recombining in brief climaxes soon interrupted by more disarray. The Archers trace the agitated melodies and off guitar to the Replacements, as if the clamor Bob Stinson unloosed by accident and spirit possession was instead planned out by former sax major Bachmann and axe-wielding bad boy Eric Johnson. With Paul Westerberg an adept of the realistic popsong and the Archers' titles so gnomic they forget them themselves, I resisted this notion until the show where I caught myself shouting out a whole utterly comprehensible stanza: "They caught and drowned the front man/Of the world's worst rock and roll band/He was out of luck/Because nobody gave a fuck/The jury gathered all around the aqueduct/Drinking and laughing and lighting up/Reminiscing just how bad he sucked/Singin' throw him in the river/Throw him in the river/Throw him in the river/Throw the bastard in the river." A

Archers of Loaf: The Speed of Cattle (Alias, 1996) The usual outtake flotsam--singles, B sides, flexis, compilation cuts, alternate versions, John Peel instrumentals, long-intro thing that would have fit onto Vee Vee, seven-minute opus that thank God wouldn't have. All punky, all dissonant, all yet to be melded into one of them seamless wholes. But I say the bits and pieces of the most musical band in Alternia beat the fully realized works of art of mortal road heroes. In fact, I say they are fully realized works of art. A-

Christgau

Archers of Loaf: All the Nations Airports (Alias, 1996) What verbal content you can parse might be sardonic if it carried any emotional weight at all--conned customers, security from LAX to JFK, assassination on Christmas eve. Yet it's too hoarse and wild to seem detached or even deadpan; basically what it gives off is intelligence, as a given you live with rather than a goal you achieve. The import's in croaked, wild, intelligent music that's also virtuosic, especially up against the myriad alt bands who fancy themselves players these days. The controlled discord of the four instrumentals recalls the compositional smarts of Eric Bachmann's sax-based Barry Black, but the nasty little guitar lines have Eric Johnson all over them, and bass and drums put in their two bits as well. True, their WEA debut could be more songful. But don't blame them for making the most of the cognitive dissonance that is their lot. A-

Archers of Loaf: White Trash Heroes (Alias, 1998) Hey, we all have our personal alt-rock standbys--campaigners who've stuck out a sound that rings our chimes dead center. So if I tell you mine are the Voidoids revisited, will I maybe make a sale? Two guitars, one choppy and one fleet, rip up bebop-worthy dissonances over punk forcebeats, and if the frontman seems less than charismatic, well, Richard Hell types never hold their bands together for six years. Seeker that he is, Eric Bachmann varies croak with tweetle, massages some keybs, even samples. Minor details, I insist. This is their sound, there is none higher, other indie bands should just retire. A-

Piero Scaruffi

Icky Mettle , 7/10
Vs The Greatest Of All Time, 7/10 (EP)
Vee Vee , 7/10
The Speed Of Cattle, 6/10
All The Nations Airports , 6/10
White Trash Heroes , 5/10

allmusic, critic and fan

Bump for autism

I'm on my 4th listen, this currently is better than any neu punk album i've heard in the past few years. It reminds me of a punk Built To Spill.

Ha, Plebment.

meme this furious fucker

>like allmusic means anything