If you like your steak pieced down for you:
Windows

If you like your steak mixed in a smoothie mixer:
OSX

Windows 10.
It's perfect.

Arch

there's no point to compare desktop systems to cell phone systems
isn't symbian dead? isn't ubuntu the same as linux? is java a system? wtf is palm,cantos,clearos and banda? so many questions

> operating-system-wallpaper.jpg

And why would you use this as a wallpaper?

Look at the alternatives faggot

Gentoo

Linux master race

windows

50% windowsfags?

Mint is beautiful

THIS

Slackware Linux

>what the fuck is palm
2008 couldn't be that long ago.

Microsoft's software developing has always been a synonym for incompetence. EVERYBODY in the industry knows that.

linux. it's up to you and your personal preference when choosing a distro.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Those are all 2006-8 operating systems. Fucking faggot. Anyways I choose windows.

For me arch but in all way gnu/linux gentoo is nice too

way to go making shit more descriptive, user.

i knew that. but many perhaps didn't, so it is good that you made that clear. though the normal user doesn't care about/understand that usually.

Ubuntu would be a good kick start for someone who's just starting with linux. however i do dislike Ubuntu, but my likings may differ from yours.

i would recommend mint or debian for starters now.

that too but Ubuntu is somewhat like a copy of Windows. so it would be an easier transition for a former Windows user.

Should I buy a chromebook?

if you want to lack 95% of the functionality of a normal PC, I'd say go for it

>like a copy of Windows
wut? if you want to run exe programs natively, install ReactOS once it is finished. It is still in alpha stage, so there are at least 4 years to go, if not more till it is usable. still buggy as fuck.

one thing is also important: don't fully transition if you are a pc gamer today. if that's the case, dualboot linux and windows.

true shit.

I don't think it matters so much how similar it is to windows as long as it has some sort of graphical file explorer and run dialog, maybe icons too if the user is especially slow. Anything that has an easy installer, and some "normal" DE, like KDE, gnome, XFCE, cinnamon, or lxde would be good for a windows user. Lxde is the closest, having tried them all, and kde comes with a lot of built in software that windows users who don't install much would appreciate.

my customized de looks 100% like windows xp because i absolutely dig that look. sue me. (well, microsoft could)

windows 10 is the greatest OS ever invented.

Fag

* for espionage purposes
fag
no government/institution/individual in the world should use windows 10.

Go Steven Bills!

Linux master race

linux is shit
linux is trash

it says Linux on the straw poll

Microsoft employee detected

MenuetOS

Linux faggot detected

Nerd

Look, another Linux faggot calling an OS a distro. What a fucking queer.

The Mate welcome screen is great

all the Windows butt hurt in this thread

Linux is like your gay liberal cousin of Operating Systems

>Finnish
>Gay
Straightest country in Europe, buddy.

they know who you are

This

tell Bill Gates I said hi

palm, this was amazing, millions best that android... but the money win

Windows 7. It should have been their last one

>choosing linux or other

this is why you guys can't get laid

good luck in trying stop win 10

Richard Stallman is a cunt and you know it.

aix master race