Tattoo thread?

Tattoo thread?
Post yours, ask questions, or just have general discussion.
Pic related: my most recent one

What made you decide on that tattoo

One of many

Honestly, I really just liked the idea.
Saw someone with a pine forest, and thought kind of a barren leafless silhouette thing would look sweet.
Planning on adding more to it, maybe things involving red.
You have any?

got more on my chest today, nipples fucking sucks

That is lovely, very well done. You have any better lit pics?

Little more

"Uh, hi... I'm here for the job interview?"

Little more

Ow dude, is what you got at least worth the nipple pain?
I can't quite make out that one user, what is it?
Holy shit you're right, they took all the long sleeved shirts in the world and torched them!
Oh wait nvm, they're still here. And I already have a job.

Holy shit yeah, very nice. How much did that cost you?

Most of mine are unfinished

great concept
not so great execution

Great, you tattooed trees.

Wow hope you're joking, that looks like shit 2/10

Most of mine are unfinishedI used to work at a tattoo parlor I was the manager and everyone of them were free

Why?
I think some of the issue is that I have very small arms, and it looks a little crowded.
Yes

Now THAT is what I call a tattoo that isn't good

Cause fuck you that's why... Who else has there nipple tattooed

Cover your tattoos in work? That's a good boy. Keep those sleeves rolled down and you might be allowed to answer my phone for me.

I have a lot of tattoos

>ITT: young fucktards with too much disposable income

pretty cool, looks kinda large though. it willl be tough to add to it . the concept is cool though

it seems like a lot of people are doing a forest landscape thing now

I really like that one. Sounds like you got a pretty damn good setup there buddy.
Alrighty then

Foot sucked

Foot sucked Still get huge discounts from the guy even though I haven't worked there in 3 years

I don't cover my tattoos at work, because my job doesn't care about them.
I'm thinking of adding birds up top, nothing to the actual forest part
Yeah I've seen quite a few, they're nice to look at

What do you guys think for this as a leg tattoo? I'm thinking shin, closer to the start of the ankle.

First one sucks

God damn I love the way red in tattoos look, hella nice.

Can't really see this one

What's that one?

All seeing eye

I'm currently having work done on a outer space wrap on my leg I will try to compress a photo so I can upload

That alien is creepy as fuck man why

Sorry I'm so hairy lol makes it harder to see

Pretty Rad ehhhh?

You must be greek

Nice b8 m8

Sorry I'm so hairy lol makes it harder to see Hard to tell but the reflection in the eyes is two aliens doing an autopsy on a guy

What the shit that's going to give me nightmares man.

Again sorry they are hard to see

It looks like someone is watching you through that window

My boy drew the alien on with a sharpie then went to town

My boy drew the alien on with a sharpie then went to town That doesn't surprise me I have a ghost that follows me hang on I'll find the pic but I don't see anything there

That's some grade A creepy stuff.

Always someone watching me see the white thing in the hallway

how has no one pointed out that it looks like a veiny, throbbing johnson yet?

Wtf dude. Get your cat and burn down your house.
Nope. I've been told it looks like veins.

working on a sleeve

Dude I also have a shadow person that strikes fear into the deepest parts of my heart when I see it's so fucking terrifying I think the white one keeps it at bay though

Hope you get stabbed.

The lines look really nice, not a huge fan of blue but to each his own.
Maybe look into some cleansing stuff?

Basic tattoos, too afraid to get detailed ones.

I've had:

Upper left arm (inner and outer arm, more or less a sleeve)
Right forearm (inner)
Right side of my body (some of it goes onto my ribs, adding more later)
Back (from about my shoulder blades down to the lower back)

Far and away the worst pain was my back. I've never come so close to stopping. Fuck my dick that hurt. I've got lots of stretch marks, so the scar tissue hurt like no tomorrow. Plus work on the spine sucks. Never found the other areas that painful, though some people swear the inner part of your upper arm is agony - seriously didn't hurt for me. But then everyone feels pain differently. Pic related

That's a gay tattoo bro tribal was so 90s

thanks! and tbh, Ive always pictured a red/orange dragon (Im no fan of blue either), but after considering the other colors going into it (raijin, lightning, flames), blue seemed like a better option

If they aren't using three different shades of the color they aren't doing it right

I'm aware. But all my tats will be tribal in nature. Sticking to a theme. And this is going to be my only colored tat.

What are you, 14?

I never heard about the back being a painful place. Are you relatively thin? I could imagine it would hurt on a bony person.
That's fair, blue works in that situation then. What else do you have left on it?
Nice dude

Also pic related this is my 1st tattoo, I love it way too much

Lol it's like a warning sign for any girls on their way down.

If you stick to all of them tribal that would look cool I personally hate it but to each their own you know I also have a small tribal dragon on my back that I forget about lol

I am thin, so the spine sucked, but like I said I have lots of stretch marks. Going over any form of scar tissue is ridiculously painful. I mean literally none of my tattoos have every really hurt me apart from that. But I was sweating fucking buckets towards the end

>there

they're

fixed that for you

I fell asleep getting my shin tattooed and I'm skinny as fuck 6'2 140 lbs

Better pic
I like moths a lot I guess. It's my first and while I really thoroughly enjoyed it I don't think I'll get anything else due to the stigma of tattooed females.

ill be getting this as a sleeve next weekend when im hammered

My native American bro I lived with called those death moths, if you ever saw one, someone in your family was going to die soon.

Again friend, scar tissue. Scar tissue is pure torture. Considering stretch marks tend to be quite big, too. At least with a standard tattoo needle it's just scratching the surface. Over scars it's practically reopening wounds. Plus my back piece is big, and in full colour/filled in, and colouring uses more needles. Like a standard outline would be what, 7 needles? Colour/shading can belike double or triple that.

Alien head is fucking dope man

Do colored tattoos fade? Like do you have to get them redone every once in a while?

Well shit. I've been thinking about covering up my self harm scars on my legs with a tattoo, I guess it'll hurt like a bitch if I do.
You'd think scar tissue would be less sensitive.

The beetlejuice has faded but the alien and spider have never been touched up I've had them for 3 or so years but that's the third time on beetlejuice it depends on the ink man and if the guy really lays the ink in

not even moltres

fill in the entire background like such, get the rest of the dragon and elements colored in. guessing another 5 sessions left.

what's the story behind your first tattoo?

Why even bother then

Nope. They fucking suck. My tattooist does lots of tattoo cover ups for people with self harm scars, and he said they're generally the worst. Bear in mind though, everyone is different. You might not feel it as much, or maybe you'll feel it worse. Plus it depends on the area. But I'd just say go for it user. I mean, you're being jabbed with a lot of fucking needles - you're going to feel pain, one way or the other. But it'll be worth it

Don't cover them up, they tell a story, just try to incorporate them into art.

Got the outline a few days ago

Whats the standard amount of time it takes to recolor them? And why dont you just have him go deeper with a more durable ink so the color is able to withstand time like the rest

>getting leg tats..
Never saw the appealing nature of that

I'm fairly certain you don't get this moth in the US.

Doesn't hurt as much as you'd think, they just bleed a lot. I did it on my left arm, under shoulder. I think it's worth doing.

Oh wow then, so a lot left? You'll have to post the finished result here when it's done, but it looks lovely so far.

The first one's from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
Ka is kind of a mix of karmic destiny and fate, which is one of my strongest beliefs. That philosophy gets me through a lot so it means a lot.

This
They would be more meaningful and unique that way..... Incorporate the scars in, highlight their existence in the piece rather than cover them up

Praise Cthulhu

lets see your tits

Don't ever go deeper that will cause a blow out and your tattoo will look like shit notice the spots that look like scars when it's hot out that shit raises up and itches like a bitch

We live in az. And that moth is Mothra size compared to what we see.

Took 3 sessions, was a really fun process.
Got to get baked as hell with my artist and we tossed in some nice attributes over the course of the tattoo.

holy shit man