>ill start

/thread

>IMG_3345.jpg
dumb phoneposter

youtube.com/watch?v=E-iRfE74q3k

youtube.com/watch?v=ecqLs1gGIBQ

TFW you use to watch this fucker and agree with him

youtu.be/8V-R1OOp_HQ

im not even exactly a fan/listener of electric wizard but this shit always turns me off of bands

its why i just have zero interest in listening to tool

>This record is sooo innocent, that I actually felt guilty while listening to it, because I really felt that Tiger Trap deserved to lose their virginity to a much prettier guy. I feel like some creepy uncle that tries hiding his registered-sex offender tag from his nieces when I listen to this album, but I take it in with great pleasure. And this stuff is really energetic, so this niece is sure to squirm all around...oooh. Yah...that's right. You take what I give to you, sweet girlie-girl yah...

>Don't be fooled by the seemingly naive and innocent nature of these songs, though; each song possesses a truly epic riff with a killer guitar tone. A guitar tone that totally stomps all over the guitar tone of bands like Heavenly (whom I actually like). Each song on here is truly catch, which is something that twee pop looks past a good deal of the time (I know...blasphemy, right?). The album couldn't have started with a more perfect opener in "Puzzle Pieces"; a high-speed, and borderline-chaotic spiel from the cute lips of Angela Loy. The guitar seems like a 16-year old speeding down the highway without a license, trying to avoid cops, but knowing that whenever you're doing something illegal, the concentration of cops in that area increases by 300%. The rest doesn't let down, with epic pop ditties such as "Words and Smiles" and "Supercrush". "You and Me" is sweet enough to render me diabetic.

>If you want to pop the cherry of somebody way younger and hotter than you, but know that this possibility would be virtually impossible without the use of rape, listen to Tiger Trap instead. You won't even have to go to jail that way, and you'll still get the twisted satisfaction of stealing the precious innocence of a little girl!

this cant be real

i wish you were right
but it is a very real review
it is actually the top review on rym for the album

He has a problem with features lol

youtube.com/watch?v=UPuOX1RE4jI

wow, what did Fantano say about this?

What song
Post the Joanna Newsom waifuist one

>the Joanna Newsom waifuist one

i don't know that one

>its me goku
Kek

i think he means the top Ys review by ozzystylez

it's not as bad as people say, it's pretty cute desu

>When I was a kid Joanna Newsom would have been the ideal girl for me. If we had been in school together I would have always tried to get the seat next to hers in biology class so we could laugh and giggle at anatomy diagrams, or I would stand behind her in the lunch queue to smell her golden locks, or even give up my space in the lunch queue so she could get the best choice of chicken breast. I would have tried to look deep and thoughtful by frowning a lot and growing a fuzz moustache and scratching ironic cries for help in to my desk. She would no doubt have spurned my somewhat creepy and stalker-like advances with just as much indifference as she would have spurned my chivalrous actions as she would have been, on the evidence of Ys, far too deep a thinker for my teenage brain, fascinated rather than amused by anatomy, and ironic and funny without having to pretend.
>1/2

She would have been my kind of gal because she was beautiful in a non-threatening way, highly original in her thought process, creative, alternative, smart, and so cute you could almost commit the accidental crime of squeezing all of the life out of her with overbearing affection. Had I been a more interesting, original and talented guy and did not come across in the least bit creepy, then perhaps, had we ever met (I must remember that this is pure fantasy), she might have let me be her boyfriend and then a few years later when she recorded her masterpiece, Ys, I could have had the honour of performing the baritone male vocal accompaniment part on "Only Skin" which, due to it's tumbling and vibrant nature, is my personal highlight on this record which is packed full of highlights, so packed, in fact, that there is no room for choruses or traditional song structures as we were used to on The Milk-Eyed Mender. Instead we are treated to unravelling musical fairy tales which possess an undercurrent of the nightmarish world of Louis Carrol or the Brother's Grimm as the line between adolescence and adulthood is heartbreakingly blurred.
>i lied because this is actually 2/3

>However, had Joanna and I met and fallen in love then it could not have been guaranteed that she would have ever recorded such a colossal record as this as, according to Doc Emmit Brown, the space/time continuum would have been disrupted and I may have dragged her down into my sad little life and not allowed her to follow the path of magic and wonder which she must have taken to invent the world in which the stories which comprise Ys take place in. I find it hard to imagine Joanna sitting down and having a normal breakfast of cereal; her music makes me presume that she runs through endless fields of corn causing butterflies to flee ahead of her skipping body as she gathers cereal and wheat with which to make bread through some magic process involving a nice equivalent of a cauldron. I hate to think that at night she relaxes in front of the television; I assume, by listening to her music, that she is no doubt out after dark, her path lit by glowing fire flies, gathering moon beams in a basket. She does not lie in bed and frolic with some hairy man who falls asleep after he has released his desire into her; she stays up all night and tells stories to the animals who gather in hushed wonder in the collected moonlight she leaves outside of her window.

>No, had I ever met and seduced a young Joanna it is highly possible that none of these images would seem even remotely possible; the normality would overpower the magic as it inevitably does, and the world would have lost a precious gem. And for not depriving the world of that, I should be thanked.
>3/3

just saw this embarrassing shit

>the term "safe space" triggers me

it says safe place

youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI
LOL

it's only embarrassing because of the level of pandering they're operating on. "we don't know who we sell our tickets to, but we can guarantee not a single one of them is homophobic"

fuck off

instead we should pander to entitled internet whiners who can't shut up about ess jay double yous

can never make it past one minute

youtu.be/-lxYkmNnK2c

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwEfBUE2EsM

youtube.com/watch?v=ViSZI6UJEUQ

absolute classics

>entitled
yeah liberals aren't entitled to anything, especially after 8 years of a president who promised everything and leaves a legacy of a failed healthcare program to show for it

one of my all time favorites, you guys think she still goes on Sup Forums?

There's literally nothing wrong with that.

holy fuck

GOAT comin thru

I agree with him.
Sure, he talks like a dork, and his examples of good music might make anons roll their eyes, but his points stand as far as popular hit singles.

youtu.be/k4YS_2KxyFQ

This is the goddamn stupidest thing I've ever seen and yet when it inevitably gets shared every cringe/mumor thread it makes me lose it

>The Great Branching Out in 2009

every time

h0B7Z3JERdk

hey

that's

Not really

He doesn't have a single insightful observation or valid argument in entire video

now i wish there was such a thing as mu role-playing

I burst through your door, my erect wonker billowing in the wind, and yell "YOUR NAME IS FUCK". (continue rp as any mucore character. ocs allowed)

pretty

not cringe at all!

I have seen myself the data about the studies proving the homogenization of the songs in the Billboard 100, we all know about the loudness wars, and the prevalence of the small group of producers involved with a great amount of successful works.

Also the graph about the level of writing proficiency seems to be something one could track back to a source.

I'm not as mad as he is, but you gotta admit there is a much stronger reaction against pop music nowdays, specially among youngsters, and there must be an explanation.
Maybe popular stuff is just worse nowadays.

noise, metal and electronic is actually a good description
although rock, noise and electronic would be better

How the fuck does this have more likes than dislikes????

You're being a fool
They only want to be a safe space, and to make everyone be safe at their space

>another whiny entitled sjw

>feint of heart

oh yeah because no other band wants that unless they announce it on their facebook after 200 million americans collectively bleed through their gender-neutral yoga pants via their gender-neutral genitalia

why is a band like death grips acceptable for blending rap and industrial but RHCP is considered frat bro bullshit for mixing rap and funk, arguably the more patrish combo

Because Death Grips is good and RHCP isn't

they are both rubbish honestly

because a critic says so. i don't like either very much but i don't see why one should be any better than the other on a deep level

I haven't heard a single RHCP song that isn't in 4/4 or even one with a 4/4 beat as interesting as Hunger Games

>the chorus at 1:10ish
do the people who make songs like this just all naturally have big mouths or is stretching your mouth to look like a fucking freak part of the mall emo aesthetic

i love the small dog user keep up with this good content

This is the musical equivalent of a group of 7th graders dancing poorly in a circle

>til that music in 4/4 isn't good

It's just an easy way to quantify how formulaic a band is, although it's not perfect. The fact is RHCP is objectively less varied musically than DG

I agree with that, but being more varied doesn't make you better automatically

Something that you learn pretty early on when interacting with musicians is that most of them are extremely emotion-driven (we all are but they unabashedly so) people who rely more on "feeling" reason that more formal A-B logic.

Many of them feel as though they are being persecuted and to them this reality is as self-evident as the one you or I see. Identity politics appeals to these people in a huge way because it offers both a scapegoat (racists, sexists) for insecurity and a community (LGBTQ, contemporary feminism, BLM) to affirm their beliefs.

Putting that aside, the post wasn't cringeworthy at all. It came off as very sweet.

You and him are both correct on the technical aspects of the homogenization of the popular music industry but uninformed / ignorant / mistaken on why this does not make the music bad.

(cuckerberg).com/LucidSerenity/videos/952947848134623/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

>70 replies
>no rian
Come on, fellas!

>It's just an easy way to quantify how formulaic a band is
It's really not, unless supported by a more in-depth analysis of tonality / themes / production / etc.

Many classical compositions which sound nothing alike are in common time and you don't see anyone (other than plebeians) arguing that it's all formulaic.

>The fact is RHCP is objectively less varied musically than DG
I don't disagree but it would be nice for you to back this up with more than time signatures.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFQhgsAJ-Vg

youtube.com/watch?v=1jLMPfJR2b8

>rap and industrial
>rap and funk
theres your answer

youtu.be/ZI-hE4x4ZiQ
>tyler's verse

>death grips
>good

pick one

Fuck this

youtube.com/watch?v=N3oGIx7KYTA

start a thread user

Daily reminder that this is Rian

And this is Alex

>nah nah nah hey jude for 2+ minutes is intelligent

Hell no

youtu.be/oWmClhvx7aY

is this really Sup Forums related?

It has rappers

I enjoy PJW, but god he's easy to make fun off
THE LEEBRAL MAYNE STREEEEEM MEEDEYAH

I don't mind him either but sometimes he says some really dumb shit

who the fuck is this guy?

> dont know thembut they remind me of korn a lil bit.

Too much for me im sorry

>they remind me of Korn a lil bit.

wtf I hate swans now

I thought I recognized that comment
youtube.com/watch?v=4vz-2nVlD1E

I also really really like the dog. very good day on mu today

>like kesha said
i always lose it here

youtu.be/vLGFyxAP0QE

It's rock-funk being played by white people (can't think of anything less cool). It's pure kitsch. The lyrics are about as embarrassing as the music though so they're perfect for eachother.