Has Sup Forums experienced all of these?

Has Sup Forums experienced all of these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7UoGaYeR7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=KxlMn8ovfHE
shakespeare.mit.edu/hamlet/full.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop posting this any time

3 of 4, books are for fags [and people with a lot of free time].

Ulysses was a little too complex for me to get through.

Is this officially the spiciest Sup Forums meme?

Jame joyce is a wanky fag, Pet sounds was okay, Citizen kane is Drumpf, and Zelda is a huge faggot.

Are You Experienced?

Why should I play an old ass game that looks ugly as fuck now and has outdated controls?

>Pet Sounds
good shit
>Ulysses
meme hack
>Citizen Kane
has never watched it
>Zelda
bad game

youtube.com/watch?v=w7UoGaYeR7Q

Pet Sounds: the mark of the pleb.

>Why should I play an old ass game that looks ugly as fuck now and has outdated controls?

TT Teenage Sup Forums on Sup Forums

Fuck off, it was decent for the era it was produced in. Show me 3 albums that were almost as progressive as it was with synths and harmonies?

I meant 3 albums from the same decade.

>harmonies
Not progressive in the 20th century.

I barely play games at all, but I sure as shit won't waste my time on a boring as shit Zelda game.

>I'm fucking 10 years old.

Back to

OoT is shit

Oh wait. I hate N64 games. Sorry got mad at cha. Now fuck off, kid.

all but kane

>reading ulysses takes more time than beating oot
>fullquoting

OoT is a pleb game, MM or WW is the patrician choice

Haven't read Ulysses, tried once and failed. Realised it's a book that references irish history, philiosophy, literature and poetry that I have not read. That being said it'll take the longest to understand.
Watched Citizen Kane, found out recently that Welles liked comic books and the movie was released during their Golden Age. Chabon suggested he was influenced by them..
Pet Sounds is neat. Very upbeat but w/e I hope Brian can outlast the year.
I haven't tried Zelda

>patrician choice
Nope. That would be Link's Awakening played with a Super Gameboy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KxlMn8ovfHE

All but the Ocarina of Time. Citizen Kane is great, Ulysses is good but pretentious and overrated, Pet Sounds is certainly good but not masterpiece level

>pet sounds
>synths

citation needed

>Haven't read Ulysses, tried once and failed. Realised it's a book that references irish history, philiosophy, literature and poetry that I have not read.

/lit/ tourist passing through that has read it.

all you absolutely need to read beforehand is 'the odyssey'. then read don gifford's 'ulysses annotated' along the main work.

really you should also be reading joyce's 'portrait of the artist' and 'hamlet' as well, but if you don't then w/e.

I should probably clarify, I want to read the book without reading anything else. Or at least not to stop after every sentence to look up what he's alluding to it's too much.
I also can't help but imagine I would enjoy the book if I was well read. It'll probably be a richer experience

I beat oot as a kid, back when ulysses was wayy above me and when I had free time

>Or at least not to stop after every sentence to look up what he's alluding to it's too much.

some works are difficult and will require you to annotate and use secondary lit to work through them. if you don't want to do that then fair enough but i don't know what else to say to you at that point.

I read the original "Hamlet" script. WTF should I read derivative shit written by some fucking irish subhuman who thinks he's hot shit? Fuck off?

>the original hamlet script

>Ulysses
I got through ~30 pages

>Pet Sounds
Great Album, Surfs Up is better.

>Citizen Kane
Good film. Fuck Jim Gettys.

>Zelda: TOOT
Never played it

My bad. Electric-theremin . They replaced it with a synth while touring.

i don't care about your ego addled emotion, son.

read it or don't.

shakespeare.mit.edu/hamlet/full.html

This one, you inbred niglet. You fucking born yesterday?

I won't , you irish terrorist sympathiser multikulture scum. Stop you lame shilling.

>irish

Who are you quoting?

>irish

>script

yeah out of all of shakespeare's scripts that is one of the best.

helluva script

zelda is plebcore

play a real patrician game, like far cry 2

just because i'm posting what works user would want to read to better understand 'ulysses' going in doesn't mean that i tacitly approve of any and all of its political aspects.

imagine being so lost to your egotistical vagaries that you actively want other people to stop reading brilliant works of prose and making up their own minds about them. learn to maturely and impassively compartmentalize the political aspects of your thought, because being this hyper-vigilant and hyper-political dunce who can't wait to bust out the word "shilling" over the smallest of things is so deeply tiresome for user to have to deal with.

don't be a bore, mate.

objectively best game of all time

See ,you're shilling again. Damn spammers never fugging stop.

>Far Cry 2
That's just weak bait.

>Shakespeare

No. I find his works quite boring, though I like some of the overall themes. I just happen to have reddit.

yeah i'm more of a fan of his raps than of his scripts personally

Are these basically the most acclaimed overrated works in each respective field? I finally found the correlation

>lit
Don Quixote
>film
Persona (?)
>Music
Sonata in B Minor
>Vidya
>implying

>lit
Genji Monogatari
>film
Seven Samurai
>music
Long Season
>game
Hyperdimension Neptunia

He's not wrong though.

>best game
>zelda
That's not Mother 3

>fucking ZELDA
Man video games really are a meme

>I find his works quite boring, though I like some of the overall themes

Youth of today, everyone.

Shakespeare is objectively average. Plus plays are not intended to be read. Plus it's not like he actually wrote everything we say he has.

It's a valid complaint that has no real analogous gripe in music. Bad (or outdated) controls can ruin a game when your perspective is based on what can near-universally be considered improvements to archaic designs.

The picture would encourage more stimulating discussion if it had Twilight Princess, Surf's Up, and Finnegans Wake however.

These are my picks

Who cares about graphics, and what are outdated controls
It's adventure

(you)

>Ulysses
It's alright. Bit of a mixed bag imo. Some chapters are great and some are wank.
7/10

>Pet Sounds
Amazing album. One of the best of all time. complex walls of sound with beautiful harmonies. Lyrics are too amateurish though.
9/10

>Citizen Kane
Great film. Fantastic makeup, characters, cinematography & story. I don't personalty go back to it much.
7.5/10

>Zelda
Haven't played it

>Sonata in B Minor
Liszt a shit

>Shakespeare is objectively average.

have never finished a zelda game, that's the only one. zelda blows.
i actually have pet sounds on the turntable now.

I have experienced these four, and influence seems to conflate with great works here though.

If going by influence I would say

>Illiad
>Sgt Peppers
>Citizen Kane
>Super Mario Bros or Ocarina Of Time

But by achievement and ambition I would go

>Ulysses or Infinite Jest
>Bach's Mass In B Minor
>Apocalypse Now, Memento, or idk I am not as well versed here
>Deus Ex

>implying OOT can't be beaten in

i don't know why someone would stop at the first part. it's beautiful and intriguing. giving up later on is much more reasonable.

because it's more than 20 pages long and starts at the beginning instead of right in the middle of the action

>Zelda
Overrated.

Yeah the base inspiration for basically every trope today is objectively average
>Inb4 but the Greeks

Holy shit kill yourself, Shakespeare is objectively the best play-write of all time

>what is folklore
>what is Arthurian Literature
>what are the Norse Sagas
>what is The Bible
>what are Ancient Myths and Legends
>what is The Epic of Gilgamesh

you are aware that a lot of Shakespeare's plays are adaptations of previously existing texts right? (stop being half a postmodernist)

The holy grail of overrated things? Jajaja, find a taste kid.

come on even dark souls is better than OOT

why are these agreed as the best of their respective areas by every neckbeard on this website

Hi, Sup Forums.

literally an anti intellectual.
no u
>Sgt. Peppers
seriously do you losers only care about pop music? This thread is actually embarassing.

If someone says they think Ulysseys is anything but a masterpiece they prettt much have proven they know next to nothing about art.

Seriously this thread is giving me a fucking headache.

>read some funfact on reddit that said "Romeo and Juliet was based on a folk story"

"OMG SHAKESPEARS A HACK! I HAVE LITERALLY NO KNOWLEDGE OF LITERATURE AND THINK THAT SHITTING ON THE CLASSICS MAKES ME IN SOME WAY SUPERIOR BECAUSE I REALLY "GET IT."

>no u
Real talk: Bach Mass in B minor is probably the best, or Langaard Music of the Spheres

>literally an anti intellectual.
what does that even mean?

you think pet sounds, which is a pretty great pop album is BETTER than both Citizen Kane or Ulysses. That's actually funny.

>Lyrics are too amateurish
But they do exactly what they're supposed to (i.e provide context, present a theme etc.) It's mostly about the music, which it should always be.

Wasn't even shitting on them
but saying that Shakespeare invented all the character tropes is patently false
Writing didn't start at Shakespeare dickhead, a lot of the character types present in his plays pre-date him

and for the record, Romeo and Juliet is an adaption of an adaption of an Italian Novella by Matteo Bandello... AND it takes significant influence from Arthurian romances, namely that of Tristan and Iseult, which, yes, was originally based in folklore so HNYAH... don't fuck with someone who teaches this shit for a living

It's pathetically bad though. I'm not saying lyrics have to be good to make an album good but when they're cringey that can hurt an album.

"Sometimes I feel very sad"
"It makes you feel so bad
It makes your heart feel sad
It makes your days go wrong
It makes your nights so long"

go back to /lit/ you pseudo intellectual

>Memento
Off yourself please

lol you missed the point of that post so hard it's actually funny
stay phresh young modernist

No No
Yes No

Agree with you somewhat on the Here Today example.

The repetition of "Sometimes I feel very sad" in the chorus of IJWMFTT is fantastic though. It doesn't need anything else as Brian totally let's the music do the talking and the listener in turn gets the message.

weeb much?

>Why should I listen to an old ass album that sounds dated as fuck now and has techniques that are no longer at the cutting edge?

Ocarina of Time is reddit as shit
besides, everyone knows New Vegas is the pinnacle of vidya

>been literally reading these threads every time they're posted
>they're always exactly the same
WHY DO I KEEP COMING HERE

reddit probably moved to dark souls or undertale, both oot and new vegas are great tho

>zelda
The most reddit games series

Video games date way harder than music. Old games are basically unplayable.

tier babays.

That's basically Sup Forums in a nutshell.

>I want to read the book without reading anything else
this is a fucking prime example of how you should never go about reading anything

>Proust
Yawn
>Sup Forums
Still yawn
>I'm a fanboy
Okay.
>Gaijin thing
Ack.

>Old games are basically unplayable.

so untrue it hurts. yes some old games aren't playable but many are. for example the original Super Mario Bros. is still a classic. the original Pokemon Red and Blue are certainly dated but far from "unplayable", I would say they are still pretty enjoyable. the original Doom still holds up pretty well. also Crash Bandicoot.