I just moved to SoCal, and I was not prepared for this heat. My apartment doesn't have central air...

I just moved to SoCal, and I was not prepared for this heat. My apartment doesn't have central air, and the air conditioning unit is in the living room, leaving me with just a ceiling fan. What I want to know is, do these fuckers actually cool rooms down, or do they just push air around like any other fan, not actually cooling anything down by a noticeable margin?

Other urls found in this thread:

portable-air-conditioners-review.toptenreviews.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Need water to make air cool so no.

Ive heard they work wonders. Expensive though

The dyson fan you posted just pushes air around, very efficiently.

Just wear less clothes and get used to the heat. I had an apartment and no AC at all, routinely hit 90 and I only had a boxfan. I sat around in my boxers a lot but now I can endure heat like a motherfucker

I have 2 of these. Better/cooler than my window unit AC and use about 1/10th the energy.

Sup Dyson, don't you have some patents to enforce?

Also much quieter than my window unit. Not sure if I sleep better because cooler or quieter or both.

Move to norcal. Less pollution, heat, and traffic.

My parents bought one of these for like $300
It's loud and annoying and doesn't do a better job than what a $10 normal fan can do just fine

Dyson is the Apple of appliances and they sell hyper marketed mediocre products to stupid people with too much money

Show us on the doll where the Dyson touched you

My ass where my wallet is

You keep your wallet in your ass? What a fag

Pickpockets are no joke man, you gotta keep that shit secure. I keep my keys up there too

I had a dope one-bedroom apartment (so I thought) in GA that had an attick and a washer/dryer room where I set up a work desk and guitar area along with the washer/dryer. No central air, it was awful. Had to leave for a while when I did the laundry in July

Have you checked out portable A/C? Latest info here for 2016:
portable-air-conditioners-review.toptenreviews.com/

I checked $ at Amazon, and prices are much lower. I'm moving to digs without AC and thinking on the Haier.

I moved into an apartment about 2 months ago and the landlord still hasn't even been over onceyet to vacuum. Try living in that filth for 2 months

Its a small fan that has its air focused.

kek

these things work pretty damn good. Just looked at one at Home Depot. Bout 250bucks where I live. Had one on display turned on, moved a good bit of air and gets pretty damn cool. Cant remember the brand.

For the price of that why not just get an AC since you can get cheap new ones for around $240

That's good to hear. Fans can help people feel cooler once they're already sweating. I need the AC for computers and electronics. It hit 108 degrees here in Mission Viejo today!

I have an Amico that I bought probably about 10 years ago (from Circuit City, so that should give you a time frame). Cost about $300 bucks.

It's not bad, but I find that it doesn't really cool as much as they say. I think it does up to a 400 square feet room - but my bedroom is much smaller than that, and even with the door closed, you have to be right in front of it to really get relief. (But, then again, I had a large bedroom, so that might have something to do with it.)

That said, you still have to vent it out a window and with my bedroom setup, that wasn't the best possible position.

I went with that because the place I was renting at the time had shitty windows so I couldn't put in a window unit. I still have the portable AC in my garage in case I have a need for it.

I think he did see AC at Home Depot.

Ty both for the 5 minutes of laughter

Make your own air conditioner with a box fan you stupid nigger

>has never used the world's greatest vacuum That vacuum is possibly the best designed item for consumer personal use ever

Don't know about the gay looking bladeless fans though

And what?
Fucking ice?

Learn to refridgeration cycle with R-134, faggot
fucking summerfag freshman engineers, man...

I wish I could be your friend in real life.

>Dyson is the Apple of appliances and they sell hyper marketed mediocre products to stupid people with too much money
/thread

Just hang out and sleep in your living room, retard.

Please move the fuck out of Los Angeles. The last thing we need here is another fucking retard that doesnt even understand the concept of air circulation.