youtube.com/watch?v=osRLMOJ0cW4
youtube.com/watch?v=XjRRje5ExZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like them.

Meh but slashs solo ambum are good

>Meh but slashs solo ambum are good

GNR is top 5 greatest American rock bands easily

it didn't last long and that's kinda sad

Also, Axl was right. Other members fucked it all up by being pants peeing cocaine drunks

Slash is alright but the rest of the band sucks!

Axel Rose had an amazing vocal extension at his height, Slash put out some iconic riffs and the band knew how to use their image: tophat, bandanas, aviators, cowboy boots.
They were one of the last rock and roll acts.

More like ... lines and noses

Muh pentatonics

Shite

I really like the discussion here

They're fun live.

FUCKING SHITE M8

The songs where Izzy Stradlin sing lead are the best.

Can't really stand Axl's voice anymore.

Oh wait, Slash is fun live not them.

Honestly, mediocre besides a few songs. Never been a fan of them, but there's no denying that they're iconic.

>Slash is fun

Yeah he was fun 20 years ago when he wasn't stuck 24/7 in this image (tophat + aviators always on without showing any emotion)

They still got it

youtube.com/watch?v=MxiYklLW44M

Sweet Child O' Mine is overrated trash. One of the worst riffs I've ever heard.

the last wheeze of the fucking hair metal era
they were better than most hair metal, but they are still apocalyptically awful and full of shit.

fanbase which should be put in a gas chamber but november rain is a good song.

>GN'R
>hair metal

GN'R were the ones who kickstarted the death of hair metal by bringing back the balls to rock n' roll.

Axl Rose is one of best voices in the history of music. Too bad they were a bunch of dickheads

they are hair metal.

Does somebody here got that vocal extension chart?

They weren't. They didn't sound like any of the hair metal bands, their music was 70s style hard rock with punkier edge. And admittedly they had the look in the very early days when they were playing clubs on the sunset strip, but they dropped that before they became big. If you're gonna call GN'R hair metal based on that then Pantera and Pearl Jam would also be hair metal.

>thinks gnr is punk
>thinks pearl jam is hair metal
yea your opinion is literal dogshit.

actually read posts before you reply dipshit

punk? what r u talking about? they're about as punk as a TV advertisement for a local law firm.
comparing them to pearl jam and pantera is good tho, cause they all blow immeasurable amounts of cock.

>And admittedly they had the look in the very early days
Truelly interesting, do you got any pics?

>implying this isn't the best AFD song

youtube.com/watch?v=UOqDCSRNgj4

*truly

i read it. gnr has significant hair metal influences you have to be fucking deaf to say otherwise. and you saying that if gnr are hair metal (which they are) pearl jam are hair metal is hilariously retarded.

fuk pearl jam
i'll clean that vedder nigga up if i see him in the streets

That's a big IF

he'd smash you 2bh

GN'R don't sound hair metal to me. If they did i wouldn't like them because i can't stand hair metal. They're a hard rock band like Led Zeppelin, Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC etc.

This is hair metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBsFntczDoM

This isn't
And i never said Pearl Jam was hair metal. I meant a bands early look shouldn't define them. Pantera started out as glam, but nobody associates them with that today, just like nobody considers The Beatles a doo-wop band.

fuck off, i do pullups in the doorway by the fridge every day m8
im yuge

I genuinely don't understand how people can enjoy Axl's singing
It's the epitome of grating
Also this is one of the worst covers of all time ever
youtube.com/watch?v=2tmc8rJgxUI

i didn't say they were hair metal, i said they have significant hair metal influences (which they do).
who cares about fucking looks i'm talking about sound.

>that guitar tone
>the yowling
>saccharine arrangement
fucking piece of shit track family.

Been keeping up with their reunion tour this year, and i saw that Perfect Crime is part of their alt. set list. I'm trying to imagine current Axl pull that one off and i just can't

youtube.com/watch?v=osRLMOJ0cW4

Yeah i never liked that cover. Also Matt Sorum's drumming just didn't fit the band. The UYI records would have sounded much better with Adler.

Adler was a mess. He couldn't keep up with the rest of the band.

From what I've heard it's been a part of the set list for years. Doesn't mean they'll play it, unfortunately. I'm still super happy they brought Coma back, though.

duff has had the GOAT post-stardom career of any musician ever.

AFD could have been literally perfect if they'd included Don't Cry and You Could Be Mine over Think About You and Anything Goes. They were among the first songs they wrote, but decided to save them for the follow up album. The original version of Don't Cry is much better than the UYI version too

youtube.com/watch?v=XjRRje5ExZc

Why?

trash, axl wasted his talent and career.
slash is overrated

They're very good at what they do. They're not good at anything else. I'm impressed that Axl can still sound like a screeching 3 years old boy after all these years.

>literally 1 good album

topkek

Haters gonna hate

I can't stand Axl's voice.