Any lucid dreamers?

Any lucid dreamers?

past

Why did you stop?

i dreamed about lucid one time i was dreaming and lucid was show up and i said hi hi help and i helped myself and lucid wich was also me

then boobs but she had three boobs and one was like mushroomboob it was wierd but stil lucisd

Yeah usually they are wierd

i was losing it. i was depressed and used it as a retort, days went by at a time.
i didn't actually quit, pushed myself past the breaking point and missed coming back, forgot how its done by the time i've realized as dozen years have passed

It sounds like Inception

like i said, i was losing it. i wasn't fit for the practice.

Guessing you came from the Astral thread?

I lucid dream several times a week, here's come advice, friends.

If you have benzos or anything like valium or xanax, take them in low doses then try to fight off sleep as long as you can. I'll explain why in a few steps.

When you finally do sleep, make sure you won't get cold by fans, or have to piss, or anything that might cause you to wake up prematurely.

The key to lucid dreaming is realizing you're in a dream. The best way Ive found to do this is to memorize different things to look for in dreams. It sounds strange, like how the fuck will you remember it in the dream, but I promise your brain will look for it. Here's a few things:

Mirrors, Clocks, Books, Stairs, Walking, Mirrors won't reflect properly, and are typically very fucked up in dreams. Clocks never show an exact time, or the same time twice, and when you look at a book, or a piece of paper, any time you try to read something, you will never read the same line twice. You will never take the same steps up and down a staircase, and a few steps walking translates to immeasurable distances.

These all serve as triggers, there are more to look for, but these are very common for me in dreams.

Now, once you've noticed these triggers you will get excited and likely wake yourself up. Bad. Very bad. That's why you have the pills in your system and make sure you're extra tired, so waking up will be harder.

Now, some people talk about lucid dreams where they're editing the world like Minecraft or Sims, no. This is typically only for "loose" dreams that are just a collection of thoughts. Most dreams that are going to have triggers are going to be "set" dreams with a location and resonance to a memory. You're better off exploring these dreams than trying to edit things. You can fuck with the world you're presented, but turning your dream into a sex paradise is usually more difficult.

Also, if you can hold off jerking it for a day or so, you'll be much more likely to incorporate sex into your dreams,

I used to think it was really cool so I tried it one time. Used some kind of method where you lie completely still and kind of hold on to your lucidity as you fall asleep or something like that. I don't know if I did something wrong or if I was just unlucky, but I experienced sleep paralysis (which is when the brain shuts down the nervous system to prevent sleepwalking) and I began to hallucinate. My eyes were open and I was clearly lying on my bed in my room, in the dark...but there were shadowy figures with white, blank eyes standing around my bed and screaming at me while they put my hands on me. I couldn't move or scream, it was a terrible experience. It seemed so much more real than a dream. Lasted for what only seemed like a minute or so, but after it was over my heart was pounding hard as fuck and I was sweating bullets.

Needless to say, I haven't tried that again. Having regular dreams for the rest of my life is a small price to pay for not being assaulted by imaginary demons.

Thanks! Everything really helped me, because i only starter in this thing. But the pill thing little bit scares me...
BTW what about dream journal? Did you wrote it?

Hey, I'm this poster and feel like I should warn people trying to lucid dream here.

I'm not superstitious, I had heard warnings about lucid dreaming opening the door to really fucked up nightmares and sleeping disorders, and after years of lucid dreaming I have to say I believe it.

I get sleep paralysis a lot, sometimes every night a week, typically after a long session of lucid dreaming. This is because your mind is awake while your body is in rest mode. You learn to keep your eyes closed during these so you won't hallucinate, because you're essentially dreaming with your eyes open.

I also have really horrifying nightmares. I've had nightmares where I have felt pain, where I've cried and felt very real emotions that I never had before. My nightmares fuck with me on a mental level, I'll walk through nightmare locations unable to wake up, or nightmares thinking I've woken up from lucid dreams, and those are the most disorienting. I was in a loop once where I thought I kept waking up and driving home from a friends, I made the entire drive before waking up back in bed.

I also frequently dream about dead friends, and those are the worst. I really don't want to talk about those.

Yeah, I wish I had understood the risks a little more before I tried that. It was hands down one of the scariest things I've ever experienced.

i used to practice lucid dreaming but it eventually just became to much work.

i still know how to recognize them.

my dr prescribed me some pills to take and there are 2

one is for my mood the other is for sleep

when i take the mood one I'm fine but when i take the sleeping ones i have some fucked up dreams lol

ive killed people, woke up crying, woke up scared, felt pain, been killed.

i wake up and tell myself its wasn't real because I'm still in bed so it couldn't have happened lol

Here's my method, works from time to time. Wake up 4hrs after falling asleep, you need to be tired first. Upon waking up drink something with caffeine in it, not coffee, a Pepsi or coke. Your body will be too tired to process the caffeine, go back to sleep and your mind will bring you to some serious shit in the dream world. I haven't achieved lucidity as of yet but my dreams are vivid as fuck. For some reason this works better during the day when taking a nap.

Thanks. I will try this

Sometimes, but I have no control over the process.
But once I get there I exert a good amount of control over the dream. It's a real effort though.
I usually just fly and talk to my subconscious.

had there only been anything to benefit from lucid dreaming, I'd even make an effort

for now I'm happy with vivid or half-lucid dreams

and fortunate for me is that I very often have quite vivid dreams

I had 3 lucid dreams in my whole life.
1. walking with a guy and i realized that i can control everything because i am in a dream.
waves hand and noon changes into night.

2. this dream was pretty long and i was in control most of the time. Fucked mom hard and real sex never came close after.

3. giving some examination and ready to vomit because unable to complete it.

almost every dream of mine was lucid