Lp60

Will this thing fuck up my records?

bump, wanna know too

Yes, definitely.

Get a Crosley instead

More so than something more sophisticated like the LP-120 because it doesn't have a counter-weight. But every turntable damages records. You're dragging a chip of the hardest substance known to man over the same thing they make dog toys out of. It's only a matter of time. The only difference between a lower end record player like that and a higher end one is that on that one you'll get maybe 100 or so plays on a brand new record before there's noticeable degradation and a few hundred before it's unlistenable, where as with a higher end one that's properly calibrated you can get well into the thousands which isn't particularly useful if you have brand new records but since most people didn't treat their records like we do know a lot of first pressings are on the brink of destruction so ever little bit counts.

it's really not that much of an upgrade over a crosley. Honestly just save up and get a u-turn. Cheap, made in murica, really great for the price ( better than the AT 120 ) and god tier customer service.

You can't replace the cartridge and it has a built-in preamp so upgrades are nihil. Also, the tracking force is around 3-5 grams, which isn't really good. Honestly, I'd try to find a good used turntable if you want something that's in this price range or just save up more money to buy something better, like one of the various Pro-ject turntables, or an LP120, though that one still has a built in preamp like this one.

>better than the AT 120

not really feature wise but I guess the average person doesn't need the stuff the AT120 has but for people who like to pretend to be djs at house parties it's a must

Really, as long as it has a good needle, a counterweight, and no Crosley logo you shouldn't have to worry.

>though that one still has a built in preamp

which you can circumvent and use your own using the built in work-around or remove completely if you still feel that it colors the sound

That's 1 for 3 for the LP60

The LP60 is honestly one of the worst popular tables, like the barest minimum to still be usable

>which you can circumvent and use your own using the built in work-around or remove completely if you still feel that it colors the sound

is this on newer models only? I've never heard of this

True, but I feel like you're better off getting another turntable if you're not using the LP120 for its convenience

Yeah that's probably true in general, I really chose it for the full package when I didn't have enough money to buy a proper set up and then upgraded it later because it's cheaper than starting all over again. Also the ability to easily play 78's by just swapping preloaded head-shells is convenient but I would imagine a lot of tables can do this or something like it and not very many people listen to 78's

okay OP back heres the deal niggers I want something that has a counterweight and isn't more than $100 wat do

well you could just kill yourself because that's not gonna happen

You could set aside 100 dollars now and then in a month you could add another 100 dollars and get the LP120 or a u-turn

don't get into vinyl then, literally picking a very expensive hobby

K that's all I wanted to know thank nigs

there is no record player worth owning that fits this criteria, there is really no record player worth owning below the $150-$175 range

It's a fine turn table. The only thing you're going to get for that price range pretty much. My GF has it and it's perfectly fine. Not a Crosley, so you're fine in terms of damaging records.

Any good turntable deals this Black Friday?