Just heard this

What do we think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2n6tBkuhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's a good album

>we

sonic youth is a very good band and you should listen to more of them

that you are way too late to the party. go discuss this on reddit along with all the other music newbies.

WE

this
i've heard this album as soon as 2011. get the fuck out newfags

>we
Have some self-thought you fucking sheep

That it's the first post hardcore album

Think about it

you dont know what post hardcore is

Headass.

I don't like it.
Kim tracks are shit.

Good, but not as good as Confusion is Sex.

Listening to it for the first time here. Second track.

>lol you just heard this album Im already so above you listening to obscure poser core
kys you condescending fucks

this, you have to be an idiot to be believe this album is post-hardcore, and an even bigger one to think that post-hardcore wasn't a thing before it.

not even close to their best album lol

do we really need another thread talking about one of the most acclaimed albums of all time? go discuss it with your friends and peers that are just hearing it for the first time but please keep it off this board.

This album is boring and lame.

I guess you're supposed to hear it when you're a teenager but I didn't and now I can barely get through it. I'd rather listen to the VU, Glen Branca, Sonny Sharrock, late era Black Flag, etc. any day

For starters Steve Shelley recently joined from the crucifucks. Think about it.

Then what's the first post hardcore record?

Not as good or as focused as Bad Moon Rising which had lower production budget, but still one of their best. Arguably their last great album.

>inb4 Washing Machine being anything more than a solid 7, or any mention of their Geffen crap.

>Branca, Sharrock, Black Flag, the list goes on...

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2n6tBkuhU
Educate yourself

The popular opinion held is that it started somewhere with Husker Du or Minutemen. Do some goddamn research please, you're making yourself look like a grade A pleb and it's embarrassing for all of us.

Yes, we need more threads circlejerking the lastest meme rap and pitchfork core albums
kys

wow, good on ya for making that connection I never implied. at least those discussions can refer more to the current state and future of music.

Did I say it was their best album? I haven't listened to their whole discog, so I can't make that call.

Sounds more post punk to me

Post hardcore is somewhat unique in that technically it's subgenres came first like emo with husker du etc but it wasn't until dn that a ph album wasnt emo

Yes hd was emo think about it. Listen to pride. That's like gravity records shit. In a free land was the first emo record

Fucking great. I actually never really found a band that does the Sonic Youth thing as well since.

Yeah I remember when I was a pretentious teenager too. Glad I didn't have Internet back then to post like you do now.

my favorite album from one of my all-time favorite bands.

Best rock album of the 80s. Top 10 all-time rock band.

Silver Rocket and Total Trash alone are worth the price of admission.

looks like we have a winner

It kicks ass.

Isn't the point of Sup Forums to listen to ANY MUSIC YOU WANT and discussing it?

Remember hearing somewhere that SLAYER was influenced by the riffage on 'Cross the Breeze. Just a small example of its influence.

Fun Trivia: Teenage Riot is allegedly about a dream Thurston had that J Mascis was President

I like it, I don't know why it isn't considered progressive rock though.

that is nothing to be proud of for an album that came out in the late 80s.

great album

essential sonic youth: sister, daydream nation, dirty

second tier: washing machine, goo

everyone who didn't listen to it in 1989 pls go
factually speaking, it wasn't

dirty is garbage compared to goo and wm

pleb

dirty is literally their plebbiest album before 2000

"no"

You're it.

pleb

you listened to one of the greatest albums of the 1980s and your first instinct is to tell us fucks about it?

More hipster than hipster