youtube.com/watch?v=hTl0F2cKzLk
youtube.com/watch?v=h61QG4s0I3U
youtube.com/watch?v=YCRu4zFLYxo
youtube.com/watch?v=2kXMcjKhBgU&list=RD2kXMcjKhBgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

homework is their best

Hmm... tastey bagel

Their best album im(very unpopular)o. Love almost every track

Emotion and Make Love are GOD tier. Rest of the album sucks.

OP here, Emotion kicks so much ass, honestly.

I liked it, not sure why it got so much hate. The tracks also worked fantastically well as part of the Alive sets.

AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD

I think it's brilliant, and sounds fantastic. I love that they stated it's a deliberately artsy-fartsy too deep 4 you album because I think it operates best on that level. People dismiss it as failing at dance music, but it's a great protest album.

>"we're gonna revolutionise electronic music"
>make really boring nothing albums
daft punk have been out of the game for far too long. all their early stuff is undoubtedly good but they're finished

literally everything daft punk did had been done before and none of it was revolutionary ()
Some of their material is good but most is mediocre.

ROCK

Robot Rock = Do the Drug
Technologic = Think No Logic
Human After All = You Mad Afterall
Prime Time of Your Life = Your life is a lie

>>"we're gonna revolutionise electronic music"

did they actually say that?

I think Daft Punk gets too much shit for not being original or being too accessible, yet no one can ever seem to name an artist who does something similar but is "better" (besides maybe Justice).

Thoughts on the album or DP themselves?

On the album: I liked it a lot. Has some great stuff (Robot Rock, Make Love, Emotion).

On DP themselves: Random Access Memories and Discovery were fantastic, Human After All was alright, Homework was terrible.

My personal rankings:
R.A.M.=Discovery>Human After All> Homework.

The height of Daft Punk is Alive 2007.

>tfw you saw Datf Punk for free at Torino
>one guy actually fell in a k-hole

Give details please.

>yfw Alive 2017 next year

Listening now for the first time in years...it's kind of bland. The songs aren't even that long and they get stale fast, there's just nothing too them except repetition, and it's pretty LAZY repetition. Their other albums are repetitive but also evolve in more interesting ways or are more textured. This just seems so basic and lazy.

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs

Yes, it's a direct rip off, we all know.

If their debut was basically built around the manic (and often lengthy) exploration of one idea, Discovery (Virgin, 2001) appears to be just the opposite concept: the superficial scanning of a number of several different ideas; more tracks and less redundancy, shorter tracks and broader range. The first album was a caricature of disco-music, and the sophomore album is no less devoted to retro kitsch (vocoder, disco-era keyboards, vintage guitars). If One More Time sounds like an amateurish version of Chic's hits and Digital Love sounds like an amateurish version of the Buggles, if Harder Better Faster Stronger is the kind of futuristic cabaret ditty that Aqua does better and if the ten-minute Prince-like soul shuffle Too Long is just... too long, on the other hand the Bach-like guitar fugue of Aerodynamic, the harp-like intermezzo of Voyager, the Mozart-ian aria of Veridis Quo do to Moroder what Stereolab did to Françoise Hardy: decontextualize it and turn it upside down while making it more sophisticated and erudite. The duo are masters of psychoanalyzing nostalgia, and one can read far more in the tribal orgy Crescendolls, in the ridiculously percussive Superheroes and in the syncopated loop of High Life (all extremely elementary and grounded in massively repetitive patterns) than a mere postcard from past decades. The best trick is perhaps the one employed in the spastic scratch-induced contractions of Short Circuit, that seems to hail from a future of neurotic fans of the long-gone 1980s.

Interstella 5555 (Virgin, 2003) is a video scripted by Japanese anime master Leiji Matsumoto that uses the music of Discovery.

Daft Club (Virgin, 2004) collects (terrible) remixes by a cast of fashionable remixers.

Human After All (Virgin, 2005) is formulaic, monotonous, flaccid and devoid of innovation; an amazing collection of filler. Robot Rock, Steam Machine and Technologic may survive a season or two.

Every single song on this album takes serveral seconds worth of very solid hooks and hits the loop button for 3-5 minutes. Very lazy. The songs work very well in Alive 2007 though.

>The songs work very well in Alive 2007 though.

THIS

holy shit the whole time I was listening to Television I kept expecting "Around The World" to come in and then remember it wouldn't and was like "well this sucks"

Room 5/Junior Jack, Johnick, Roy Davis Jr., Joey Negro, DJ Spen, Frankie Knuckles, Paul Johnson, Floorplan and many more all make/made better house/disco house than Daft Punk. Also if we're purely talking house music (which is at heart what Daft Punk's music is), any of the pioneers of house from the 80s who can be named did it better than Daft Punk.

> not flashing in rainbow colours: "Around The World"

It's best feature was being used in Alive 2007, but it was a pretty meh album overall. TRTN, Technologic, Human After All, and PTOYL are all pretty damn great.

a good chunk of daft punk's appeal comes from nostalgia from back when they had constant airplay

>yet no one can ever seem to name an artist who does something similar but is "better" (besides maybe Justice).
ere u go m8

youtube.com/watch?v=fVL1NxraxWw
youtube.com/watch?v=Zcb1ZN7Jo_4
youtube.com/watch?v=hTl0F2cKzLk
youtube.com/watch?v=h61QG4s0I3U
youtube.com/watch?v=YCRu4zFLYxo
youtube.com/watch?v=2kXMcjKhBgU&list=RD2kXMcjKhBgU

very underrated

half of daft punk was in stardust

what

RO BOT ROCK

None of those artists sound like Daft Punk though. House isn't house isn't house. Show me some artists that had the same gritty french touch sound at the same time as Daft Punk and then we'll talk