youtube.com/watch?v=f-aAaD7SyUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump you fools

Bumping. This thread's got potential. I'm happy to supply recs

If nobody is starting..
I want a Japanese album with harmonic orchestration and beautiful melodies

progressive rock could be ok

kinda like pic related

Hmm.. I don't listen to much Japanese music, but I did listen to a symphonic prog record a little bit ago called Kenso II by Kenso, so check that out

thanks

I want a comfy folk record

I assume by folk you mean american term
chessboxer - s/t

quiet music with gentle synth

Fanger & Schönwälder - analog overdose 2

Stuff like this.

Nah Tago Mago does not have harmonic melodies like Can's first two albums

What kind of folk? More acoustic and minimal or more like indie folk or folk rock? Pick related is really comfy in the folk rock department. If you want something more melodic, check out Joan Baez's self titled

This is a good thread.

I'm really good with David Bowie so if anyone is new to him I can rec you some David Bowie stuff based on your favorites.

As for recs for me: Anything with a lot of brass. I love brass. And distorted drums.

Good album. Check out Terry Riley- In C
Um, this super vague. I'll just assume you mean something ambient and rec you Biosphere- Substrata
>harmonic melodies

If anyone knows anything that sounds similar the psychedelic parts on this album I'd really appreciate it.

>Check out Terry Riley- In C
It appears he has several albums titled "In C", which one are you reccing?

anything like this? I want som soft shit

Please give me more stuff that sounds like luv(sic) hexology. Nujabes is unbelievable.

can anyone rec me some good polyphonic medieval music? I really like perotin's work but don't know where to go deeper.

Also, what are your recs for good musique concerte music?

DJ Krush is a better Nujabes

give me surf funk

Does it sound like luv(sic) though? I nearly got his entire discography, but those six songs are unreal.

>Also, what are your recs for good musique concerte music?
if you want an active musique concrete artist francisco lopez is still extremely influenced by those ideas, check out "machines"

I'm still looking for the shoegaze with zach hill drumming if anyone remembers me
Check out a soundcloud thread, you'll find it eventually

Have you heard Them Crooked Vultures?
Is a side band of Josh Homme, John Paul Jones and Dave Grohl. They only have one album, but its pretty good. Its a great trip on LSD

MONO
Balam Acab
World's End Girlfriend

you can probly go from there

Looking for something similar to pic related,preferably from the same decade

the original '68 one. Here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=XRaa34E8tXQ
Deru- 1979. Also speaking personally, fuck that album, so overrated
Simeon Soul Charger- s/t EP
both are great but (not true btw)
check out Marcus D- Melancholy Hopeful. Agreed man that hexology is absolutely beautiful. I tear up at part 5
>Polyphonic Medieval Music
check out Gryphon- Red Queen To Gryphon Tree
what do you mean just like fast-paced drumming?

If anyone's got any vivid, overwhelming texturally flawless industrial like pic related, I'd appreciate the rec

you also would probably dig Broadcast- Work and Non Work

alright thanks for In C i will check it out

Looking for apocalyptic modern classical with sound collage elements and field recordings. Like a modern classical GYBE.

cool let me know what you think

have you tried skullflower or richard youngs
wolf eyes sound similar too but it is frowned upon to like them here

Yeah, I have. Great record for sure.

Not necessarily fast paced just highly technical with a few strong groovy licks thrown in.

I love Bob dylan, Mountain Goats, various Pat the Bunny projects, sturgill simpson, some sufjan. any recs for this? highly lyrical folk/folk punk i guess

>Marcus D- Melancholy Hopeful.
Thanks, it doesn't have the same vibrant, melancholy that luv(sic) has, but it's pretty good.

rock bands that are as theatrical, operatic, and lavishly overproduced as Queen?

ive tried Jellyfish, Sparks, The Protomen, Foxy Shazam, The Darkness, and Brendon Small's Galaktikon and i love them all (and ive tried Muse and Cardiacs and i like them a lot but i dont really think they're similar enough to Queen) but i need more. im dying.

it's gonna be different than your recs, but I'm fairly sure you would enjoy Pearls Before Swine- The Use Of Ashes. The Singer has a lisp but the lyrics and instrumentation are incredible, and imo the lisp just gives it character. Also Days N Daze- Rogue Taxidermy fits your folk punk description
ya it's different for sure but it has that comfy feel. You'd probably enjoy Fat Jon too
no, but I will, thanks. Haha usually it ends up being the case that the artist is good, just too popular for the pretentious posers, so I'll check them out too
Jeff Wayne- The War Of The Worlds

I'm just assuming you've listened to all of Genesis's stuff but if somehow not then Foxtrot is right up your alley

anything other bands similar? I feel like I've exhausted car seat's discog. soooo good tho

if you're ok with a little metal queensryche - operation mindcrime is fun as hell and is the single most over the top album i can think of

looking for a record that will transform me into a bird when I listen to it

I'm looking to find a similar artist to Deadmau5. I love his tracks, and are looking for some similar progressive house artists/songs. Appreciate the help!

Not sure how to describe what I'm looking for, but I need some soft acoustic with minimal vocals, indie folk music. Either that, or albums with heavy string instrumentals. Thanks in advance.

campfire songs

Leftfield- Leftism. It gets much better than Deadmau5 friend, enjoy the ride
my head is swelling with so many artists.
Guided By Voices
Pavement
Sparklehorse
Sebadoh
Cornell Lab of Ornithology- Voices Of North American Owls
Angel Olsen- Half Way Home

I like field recordings. Tried making a thread, got like six replies of nothing

Started with the field recording parts of Godspeed. I really don't care for their albums that are just music, I really liked the speaking parts. Set Fire to Flames Sings Reign Rebuilder is my favorite album. Eventually came across pic related, and even though it's a meme here, I think its awesome.

Looking for other field recordings

Yes, I've seen the chart in the sticky.

Just check out his label releases m8

Can also look into Lee Burridge, Sasha, John Digweed, Luciano for clubbier stuff

stop recommending boring normie shit
try this instead user:

Thanks, I've listened to all of pavement and sparklehorse, loved those. I've only heard a little bit of guided by voices/sebdoah. Any album rec's on where to start with those?

Bee Thousand for GOV and III for Sebadoh

Just finished listening to it. I'll definitely find more of this artist- she's exactly what I've been looking for. Love the spacey feelings in some of her other songs.

>Anything with a lot of brass. I love brass.
Listen to David Bowie's first album

This is the last album I listened to and decided I like.

Already did. His debut was ok. Space oddity was fantastic though.

I'm pretty sure he was memeing you

Ever tried any big band music? Count Basie- Basie may be up your alley and would be a good starting point to get into it

I have a lot of Al Hurt vinyls, does that count as 'big band'?

I think I might have the count basie album. Not certain. I'll give it a listen.

I've never heard of Al Hurt so idk haha. Cool let me know what you think. If you want something more poppy and charismatic like how Bowie is listen to Louis Prima- The Wildest!

I'm looking for more stuff with some nice vocal harmonies, beach boys, simon and garfunkel, belle and sebastian being examples. Can be any genre.

The Louvin Brothers- Tragic Songs Of Life

brilliant close harmony country tunes

youtu.be/7oekZP4wr2Y
a prog album that sound like part 0:51 to 2:10

disregard what everyone else says and listen to the dance of the moon and the sun right now

Looking for some punk/jazz music with clear jazz influence something like midori, with really high energy.

ive listened to a little bit of midori and honestly my first thought was foxy shazam's first two albums.

Something with guitar that sounds anything like gilmour.

seconded, damn good the one time I've heard it

been meaning to listen to that again but it's pretty damn long and dense
Pere Ubu- The Modern Dance

sorry man I'm gonna need way more description than that

just listened to some songs by that guy and it doesn't sound anything like midori. I'm talking about something like this youtube.com/watch?v=kSdSeq3gx6M (ty anyways)

thanks will listen to the album, sounds good

are you sure you were looking in the right place? virtually every album by foxy shazam sounds different from the others
youtube.com/watch?v=2SguYECQyzA

Not really what i'm looking for but i might give this and his older records a chance

Adding this one to my list, thanks for the rec user.

rec me some noise that is as consistently enveloping and oppressive as this

youtube.com/watch?v=1uP_KPzWP6E

Controlled Bleeding - Knees and Bones
it's even better than hole in the heart imo

Of Montreal - Paralytic Stalks

Little Kid - Logic Songs

David Thomas Broughton
Jackie O Motherfucker
Six Organs of Admittance
this Russell Haswell - Live Tracks

James Chance and the Contortions
Blurt
Plebs
Ultralyd
Mohel

not gonna be quite the same wall of noise type as that but if you haven't heard Full Of Hell and Merzbow's collab check that shit ASAP, but you very well may have

harmonic orchestration and beautiful melodies? dunno about prog rock but aspidistrafly might be a good artist to look up. "a little fable" is great.

gonna stick to japan for a second and recommend motohiro nakashima's "We Hum on the Way Home"

jacaszek's "treny." probably not too apocalyptic, more bleak than anything but it's a very good modern classical album. alternatively, you could forgo the modern classical aspect and try out thomas koner's "la barca."

not sure why this album is a meme; I don't think I've seen it posted. if you want something that's lowercase tier, collin olan's "rec01." otherwise, I downloaded a massive field recording bundle a while ago with like 50 hours of recordings, all for free. lemme see if I can find it for you

>I downloaded a massive field recording bundle a while ago with like 50 hours of recordings, all for free. lemme see if I can find it for you
okay I was wrong, it's only about 8 hours (530 minutes, probably why I fucked that up)
gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=7284

Thanks dude, I'll have to go through that

It was a meme a while ago, I used to browse here, but only come back occasionally now. Usually when a shit thread came up about something like the conet project or the voices of north american owls, someone would post swiss mountain transportation systems as a joke of what people consider music.

Looking for mu similar to Now,Now

do you have a last.fm? those are some really good recs
i would say yellow swans for you but i am going to guess that you have already heard them

Looking for some quality lesser known prog. I've listened to the big stuff of the genre, floyd to yes to king crimson to rush and all that jazz, so just something a little more off the beaten track. I also love harmonies in vocals and guitars.

bumperoo

looking for something slow, like give me that slow-slow stuff.

I want to feel like I'm trudging though some transparent honey; like i'm on some muscle relaxers and flying ever so softly

slow-core is welcome but it's always so sad

example of 'that slow-slow':
youtube.com/watch?v=dOsVMxcqqzo

youtube.com/watch?v=snssa2enfDE

Anything like STFTB? Somthing really droney and depressing with the overall same kind of tone and atmosphere.

Degenerate Art Ensemble - The Bastress
385 - Ningen

Give me well-written pop

You'll probably like ty segall - goodbye bread, but his other album are great too.

Mort garson - plantasia

Looking for a chamber-pop album with elaborate orchestration and a lot of changes in terms of intensity. Long songs preferably. Emily by Joanna Newsom and Looter's follies by Destroyer are two examples.

*instrumentation

Looking for something that sounds like the CD bonus tracks on pic related (originally the Tiny Tears EP)

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=3VxXNR4JkX0

Looking for things that sound like pic related that aren't Ryoji Ikeda

Hiroshi Yoshimura - Pier & Loft

I'd like to listen to some albums similar to the King Ov Hell era of Gorgoroth.

More St Vincent pls
>not necessarily other female artists but the same style

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

idk user, does this work?
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2n_TsvLWM

>horns
You need the Cat Empire in your life, friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=kZhIGtyyH7c
youtube.com/watch?v=QtFxo4mpiKg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljevdhx-Ye8
youtube.com/watch?v=f-aAaD7SyUQ

Anyone know of any jamaican rap similar to the one that is featured briefly on Put it on?