/daily/ - Dicks and Shitposting

It's time to post memes under the guise of musical discussion!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>no minors allowed (except coal minors, this is Trump's America now)

Most importantly, get way too drunk and spill your feelings on here so we can laugh at you.

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~zane2453
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/сергей_курёхин___поп_механика/ибливый_опоссум___live_in_france/
youtube.com/watch?v=g9ys-Lfu4Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNZbUENKjk
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dave_holland/what_goes_around/
youtube.com/watch?v=cuqHSxm0swQ
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22401-washington-phillips-and-his-manzarene-dreams/
youtube.com/watch?v=08gBRYFW0Gk
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jordan_de_la_sierra/gymnosphere__song_of_the_rose___music_for_the_well_tuned_piano/
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4W209fjWQ
mega.nz/#F!jEFmgCzT!pUYPF3QrxJy9q1tYP7wrRw
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/сергей_курёхин/воробьиная_оратория__sparrow_oratorium_/
mega.nz/#!dM4mTZDB!pLIKln9qs0B-Jw_KctBuVZtpyr9tC6244tHHDdTK6oE
youtube.com/watch?v=MMvMxLGd2TQ
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1710719
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any recs based on what I like?

Also add if you'd like

Anonymous shitposter creates a new /daily/ thread and fails to get trips. Sad!

>Anonymous
it pig tho

>that curve
*le vomits*

also
>stratosphere 2 stars
garbage fucking taste my dude

I recommend you listen to Mozart.

Andrew Hill - Compulsion
Nana Vasconcelos - Saudades
大勘定 [Daikanjyo]
Henry Flynt - You Are My Everlovin / Celestial Power

it's not that bad...
yeah was boring to me, might relisten soon though
XD
Thanks pal

degenerate

has this thread turned into rym 2.0

はにわちゃん - かなしばり
Ground-Zero - Plays Standards
高田みどり [Midori Takada] - Through the Looking Glass
Various Artists - Golden Rain

Why don't you like The Fishmans ;__;

Whatever, though, you do you. Other than that you have pretty /daily/ taste.

>Why don't you like The Fishmans ;__;

I don't know man... I really thought I would but I just completely zoned out during the album out of boredom. I really should have liked it

hi

Please don't avatar post weeb shit, thanks.

Post yfw you saw his 98.12.28 rating.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/сергей_курёхин___поп_механика/ибливый_опоссум___live_in_france/

I can upload this to mega if you can't find it.

/daily/ is a general made by the alt-right, for the alt-right

libtards get out

*fart*

I don't like this album but that image gave me the will to do something with it.

>made by the alt-right
No.
>for the alt-right
Yes.

Any other response is wrong.

/daily/

Model 500 - Classics (1993)
>detroit techno

Focuses too much on the electro side of detroit techno that I don't care for too much. Tracks like "The Chase (Smooth Remix)" encapsule this sound and everything I don't like about it, it's kinda enjoyably cheesy at best and downright irritatingly goofy at worst, and it contrasts poorly with the cold, sci-fi aesthetic Atkins goes for on most of this album. There are some bangers on this thing, though. The bass here is constantly great, and the non-remixed tracks are generally concise, to the point, and wonderful, for the most part. The remixes focus a bit too much on the electro sound and they often run for too long, dragging the whole comp down, which is a shame because the purely original tracks are wonderful.

2.5+

DJ Paul & Lord Infamous - Come With Me 2 Hell Part 2 (1995)
>memphis rap, gangsta rap

The best tracks here ("Tear da Club Up (Original)" and "Ridin' n da Chevy Pt. 2") are rendered almost entirely obsolete by the existence of the Underground Vol. 1 comp, and the memphis aesthetic can wear thin on longer tapes, but it's got that dark, demonic, infernal sound that I love so damn much. Both Paul and Infamous are masters of their respective fields. Paul's beats are minimal yet still spooky and ominous to the core, and Infamous has one of the greatest, fastest flows in hip hop history, the heavy use of triplets in his bars is astounding. The features are great as well, the presence of Gangsta Boo on any album is always welcome. Like I said, too long and it's kinda obsolete, but a damn great listen nonetheless.

3.0+

Perrey-Kingsley - The In Sound From Way Out! (1966)
>space age pop, electronic

Is Gershon Kingsley a bad influence on Jean-Jacques Perrey? The cheese here isn't nearly as enjoyable as the cheese on The Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound of..., and I think the problem lies within this album's heavy emphasis on acoustic instruments rather than synthesizers. It never really embraces an acoustic sound or an electronic sound, it's stuck in something of a purgatory. It oftentimes excels in the melodic department, but the little electronic bleeps and bloops and sound effects that make Perrey's solo work so memorable and enjoyable detracts from the songs rather than adding to them, they're just irritating, as sad as it makes me to say that. A cute little album at times, but it's more often than not totally inconsequential and even flat-out irritating.

R.I.P. Jean-Jacques Perrey.

youtube.com/watch?v=g9ys-Lfu4Sc

really makes you think

I wanna eat that

Still working on some writeups for the better albums but I'll bump with a few quick reviews.

[1/2]

>PJ Harvey - Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea

Pretty much a watered down, mellower version of her earlier albums imo. Nice atmosphere, solid ideas… but doesn’t really go anywhere original. Thom Yorke’s guest spots are pretty solid and work surprisingly well on here too. Fairly enjoyable but I’d rather just listen to a different album.

3.0-/5

>Cyne - Evolution Fight

Hmmm, this is right up my alley. Everything that guarantees I’ll enjoy a hip-hop release is on here honestly. Jazzy beats, solid flows from the MCs and a little bit of philosophical lyricism. The production in particular is awesome, with some of the coolest, jazziest beats I’ve heard in awhile. I loved a couple of the songs in the middle stretch - “Haze”, “Rousseau” and “Automation”. Reminds me a lot of Cunninlynguists, both in the production style and the subject matter. Lyrically, it can get a bit preachy at times (“Growing”, "Arrow Of God"), as they get into some spiritual topics but the beats make up for that and those moments aren't too frequent anyway.

s/o to Jimmy Jazz for this one

4.0-/5

Hilary is a witch the devil is coming for you nigga maga

[2/2]

>Saba - The Bucket List Project

Really liked Comfortzone and this is really just more of the same - a very mellow and jazzy project with some decent raps. It gets a bit poppy at times but I like how positive Saba stays for a majority of this project. All the beats are upbeat and Saba’s easy-going, sing-songy flow works quite well over them. Some solid features from Twista, Noname and Jean Deaux. The concept is a bit corny - with a lot of rappers providing their “bucket list” between raps - but it isn’t too much of a downside honestly. The world could always use more positivity in music, imo and it’s nice to hear another one of these “happy” Chicago projects. Pretty solid overall.

3.0/5

>The Coup - Genocide & Juice

Pleasantly surprised by this project honestly. Aside from “My Favorite Mutiny”, which my old roommate used to play *all* the time, I’d never heard anything from The Coup. The beats are super funky and provided by a band, which gives them a more organic feel - quite similar to the Roots but with a more west coast flair. The raps are fairly political/socially conscious and often presented in a somewhat lighthearted/joking manner. “Pimps” is a good example of their style - as they add in a little comedy skit where these pompous white yacht club members start impersonating The Coup and call rap “tribal”, etc. It’s a nice mix of parody and social consciousness, which works quite well. Trails off a bit toward the end but I enjoyed this… definitely checking out their follow up, Steal This Album soon.

3.0/5

You must have made a typo, it says 3.0 for Tim Buckley.

Why would you name a cookie Hydrox

Official thread music:
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNZbUENKjk

Bane?

Actually, it technically got a 3.0+ lol, which means I did enjoy it a decent amount. Still my least favorite of the Buckley albums though, it doesn't hit me as hard as his later albums.

jesus fuck you are gross
find shamepai he's an avant-teen weeab with shit taste too

Just me, or is rym down?
SONEMIC HABBENING???

rude

>jazz
>"waaaa what an avant-teen"

fuck off

>5's are shitty trip hop and electronic
>Green Day, deadmau5, and more bad stuff in 4.5's

I thought some patrician would be roasting me but holy shit you're taste is actually very not good

Meant

what's the point in liking experimental rock if you can't appreciate normal rock music
tho liberation music orchestra at 4.5 is deec

recc you this though
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dave_holland/what_goes_around/

yo could you upload that to mega? looks pretty dope

who uses rym to discover music lol

>using RYM

how can i ban people from this thing

youtube.com/watch?v=cuqHSxm0swQ

ignore him from now on

m8 if you dont like American Idiot yr either classist, delusional, a sheltered nerd or dont like American Idiot
but cavvviar is a pleb so his fav is probably Doki idfk

Join the plug pls

"""no"""

Where were you when you realised classical music is humanity's second greatest bastion of creativity and pop music will never overcome it?

In all seriousness I've only just "properly" got into classical music and pic related is a list of some of my favourites, are there any recommendations based on these?

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

you're honestly pathetic

stick to popular music you dumbass mook

Shit, nat, the jig is up

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22401-washington-phillips-and-his-manzarene-dreams/

>unemployment rate is less than 5%
>still can't get a job

lmao, is this a joke or what

>Unemployment rate is the same as workforce participation rate
y'all gotta read up on some stuff boi.

virgin alert

Rock > all desu
Rude + uncalled for

rock sux
electronic is real musix

>bleep bloop
>music

if it's not blues based, it's not music

>this guy or shamepai
>avant-teens
stop projecting your insecurities kenny g and go back to masturbating yourself over overdone "atmospheric" beats and cliche lgbt speeches you turbopleb faggot.

someone contact nat so he can delete his washington phillips folder while there's still time

wake up you little bitch mommy
youtube.com/watch?v=08gBRYFW0Gk

my key to the kingdom cd has now been thoroughly smashed, don't worry.

nice dubs. If you enjoy long ass albums that are almost entirely unlistenable try SPV Laboratories vol. 2 should keep you busy

daily is a special place full of friendly interesting people ready to engage in constructive conversations and debates

Mike "You knew you were gay since you were a kid? Let me hook you up to the power grid!" Pence
Mike 'Amperes for Queers' Pence
Mike "Homo-Medicine from Thomas Edison" Pence
Mike "Blast the Gays with Gamma Rays" Pence
Mike “You like cock? Then you’re in for a shock” Pench
Mike "all aboard the train, be thou lobbyist or gay, We'll adjust your brain, with 1000 volts of pain" Pence
Mike "dock the cocks or scissor twats, you get the Watts" Pence
Mike "Dump my mag on all the Fags" Pence
Mike "See a Fag, Put them in a Bag" Pence
Mike "Got Two Dads, Empty the Mag" Pence
Mike 'Empty My 9 On The Gloryhole Line' Pence
Mike "put a bear in the chair" Pence
Mike "send all homos to guantanamo" Pence
Mike "Enola Gay the lobbyists away" Pence
Mike “I've got your pee pee connected to the AC/DC” Pence
Mike "Like chodes? Get electrodes" Pence
Mike "AC/DC for LGBT" Pence
Mike 'Ride men like a colt, get ready for a jolt' Pence
Mike "the end of the rainbow" Pence
Mike "Put a Dick Where You Tooted, and Get Electrocuted" Pence
Mike 'Green Miles after Fag Trials' Pence

put your trip back on bear

i fucking loved Hoi 73 - 92, reminded me a bit of Simon Finn towards the end with the wailing and guitar flailing. thanks for the recc dog

Good opinion good taste, glad you liked it
I enjoyed live in Finland too

my dick got VERY hard when u roasted caviar thanks

>Hobbies: politics
Alright you're already at -1 in my book because of that score for Down Colorful Hill but if you can tell me more about your political views maybe I'll forgive you (but it's not likely)

hey this is much better than i thought last time
you'll fags like Deerhoof too, no?

tfw you fucked up trying to say "pay no mind to jangle, new guy" but it came out the other way round and you only realize that after you're scrolling over it hours later
i hate when this happens

They're ok
live they're p underwhelming

My absolute batshit crazy mother in law is visiting, so I'm fleeing the scene. Went to school at 07:30 this morning and will stay until 18:00 when gf comes home from work, so I don't have to spend any time alone with MIL. Memes for this feel?

even though i occasionally mistook the train passing by in the distance for parts of the composition, the threnody for victims of hiroshima is baller af.

What are the two train field recording albums?

sup /daily/
i would like it if you guys gave mensome recs on Lowercase/Onkyo and La Monte Young's style of drone
thanks
i will take this as a compliment listen to Glowstyx you turbo-pleb
La Monte Youbg - Trio For Strings

>La Monte Young's style of drone
just listen to hindu classical

ah yeah or this
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jordan_de_la_sierra/gymnosphere__song_of_the_rose___music_for_the_well_tuned_piano/
playing isnt really similar to La Monte's WTP

thanks trans
btw i listened to obe of the newer IOSYS releases and it was kind of mediocre, don't listen to it

is he right?
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4W209fjWQ

PAGING LETOV

say no more

Cepгeй Кypёхин - Пoп-мeхaникa (Sergey Kuryokhin i Pop-Mekhanika) - Ибливый oпoccyм - Live in France (Iblivyi Opposum - Live in France) [FLAC]

>European Free Jazz, Avant-Prog

mega.nz/#F!jEFmgCzT!pUYPF3QrxJy9q1tYP7wrRw

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/сергей_курёхин/воробьиная_оратория__sparrow_oratorium_/

my actual hero

a share from my mega of a recc if you enjoy free jazz

Charles Gayle - Repent
>spiritual free jazz

mega.nz/#!dM4mTZDB!pLIKln9qs0B-Jw_KctBuVZtpyr9tC6244tHHDdTK6oE

Glad you liked it

We will fags

did someone say turbo-pleb
clannad soundtrack good pick
and best xiu xiu album
other than that pretty normal Sup Forums taste, check out 385 and wakusei abnormal, and rome if you want some neofolk

Hey guys please
Field recordings of trains
One of them is black and white (Spanish name?)
Other one has red in it, it's a window I think

Check this out if you're into Swedish psych. This is the prototypical Dungen sound. Been reading the My Struggle series by Knausgaard and this music will forever be tied to it in my mind. Also, check out Träd, Gräs och Stenar's Gärdet 12.6.1970 afterwards for some of the headiest no-BS psychedelia outside of the Haight in my opinion.

essential viewing for people looking into early russian punk rock and post-punk/looking for recs on early russian punk rock and post-punk

youtube.com/watch?v=MMvMxLGd2TQ
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1710719

b o i s

Checking out Amancio d'Silva - Integration this morning.

What makes me pathetic hun?

I personally disagree, I haven't found any pop music that reaches the level of something like Thomas Tallis

Chris Watson - El tren fantasma
Other one I don't know

Yess, thanks!

Amancio d'Silva - Integration [1969]
>Jazz, Fusion

Great jazz album. The overall sound changes quite a bit between songs, keeping the album fresh and exciting.
The longer tracks occasionally lack direction but this is supplemented with great musicianship.
The horns aren't quite as strong as d'Silva's guitar playing, but they still fill the space in the record quite well.
The bass and drums are killer and consistently drive the album forward.
Definitely makes an effort to be more 'jazz' than 'fusion' which I can appreciate.

7.5 /10

who has the worst taste in these threads

You, followed by me.

ernst karel - swiss mountain transport systems ?

Nana Vasconcelos - Saudades
>Avant-Folk, Modern Classical, Brazilian Music

This album is certainly unique. Mixing folk, classical, brazilian and chamber music, this oddbal ECM entry is certainly not drawing between the lines in the scope of the label.
The instruments, some that I can't identify combine with the classical composition style to create an immersive atmosphere.
The pieces progress beautifully, often building on and repeating ideas in a constructive and pleasing way.
Despite being mostly long pieces, they never seem to overstay their welcome, even with repeated solo instrumentation, evidenced in the first near-side-spanning track.
My only complaint is that the string overlays seem a little too straightforward and don't compliment the music as well as I'd like it to.
Fantastic album, though, and a must for fans of genre-blending compositions.

8.5 /10 (likely to be raised in the future)

reccing this to everyone right now

Here's a shitty meme to help with the pain :)

Probably me

new xiu xiu 24th of february

oh yes, that's the one, I thought it were trains too!
Thanks!

Sup /daily/!

Work has been fucking me real hard the past 2 weeks and the next 48 hours I have to endure the final thrust :(

In the meantime, Papa M's new album is neat. Nice soundscapes

Chris Watson - El Tren Fantasma
Herbert Distel - La Stazione

[1/2]

How's it goin' /daily/? Bumping with a few more reviews.

>Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother The Mountain

Not quite as incredible as his s/t but this dude is clearly an awesome songwriter. Most of the songs on here have the same crushing topics as his s/t but they’re often accompanied by orchestral elements. At times, the strings, etc really add to the atmosphere… but there’s a few moments when it detracts from the mood of this whole thing. I think a more minimalist approach suits his style a lot better. Still very very solid though.

3.5/5

>BB King - Live At The Regal

I can’t honestly think of much to critique on this album. His singing is passionate and the guitar work is just so catchy. The songs are classic blues performed in an electronic set, which works quite well. I guess to a blues traditionalist (which I'm clearly not), this could come off as too glossy but I think it’s a nice middle ground between a classic sound and early rock. Short and sweet, I really enjoyed this listen.

4.0/5

>Low - I Could Live In Hope

This is some pretty soul-crushing shit but man it’s so good. The atmosphere is devastatingly dark, fueled by these slow-burning, lethargic tracks. If you slowed down Galaxie 500 and took out all the fun elements, while keeping the dreamy elements, this is basically what you’d get. I’ve started to enjoy the darker side of shoegaze a bit more recently and this is a great example of what a band can accomplish with this style.

3.5/5