I think Italy blows every other nation out of the water

I think Italy blows every other nation out of the water.

Best set of inventors by far: The following inventions among many others can be credited to Italians: construction: paved roads, arched bridges, aqueducts; art and music: piano, harpsichord, violin, viola, cello, bass, opera; science and technology: electric battery (Volta), telephone (Meucci), radio (Marconi), microprocessor (Faggin), moveable type (Castaldi), loudspeaker (Marzi), sound on film (Rappazzo), thermometer (Santorio), barometer (Torricelli), compass (Gioja), seismograph (Cecchi), telescope (Galileo), nuclear reactor (Fermi), internal combustion engine (Matteucci, Barsanti), first petrol engine (Bernardi), steam turbine (Branca), jet engine (Campini), carburetor (DeCristoforis), hydraulic motor (Ramelli), helicopter (Forlanini), hydrofoil (Forlanini), seaplane (Calderara), motor scooter (D'Ascanio), eyeglasses (Spina, D'Armate), torpedo (Luppis), revolver (Broccu); food: espresso, capucinno, pasta (not invented in China), pizza.

They had the best set of explorers: Marco Polo, Cristoforo Colombo (Christopher Columbus), Amerigo Vespucci (America), Giovanni Caboto (John Cabot), Verrazzano

Best artists and sculptors: Leonardo DaVinci, Michaelangelo, Botticelli, Ghiberti, Bartolini, Donatello, Rafael, many others

Composers: Monteverdi, Cavalli, Vivaldi, Verdi, many others

Writers, historians, and philosophers: Ovid, Livy, Lucretius, Pliny, Plutarch, Seneca, Virgil, Cicero, Boccaccio, Petrarch, Machiavelli, Cicero, Marcus Aurelius, Dante, Thomas Aquinas, Anselm, many others

Pretty much all of the so-called 'finest' physical things in life are made by Italians: the finest paintings, finest sculpture, finest foods (maybe competing with French food), finest clothes, finest cars (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani), finest construction and building materials. No other nation comes close to matching Italians for craftsmanship.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Legnano
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Marco Polo was Croat

wrong, but Tesla was

y-you too

It is the european country with the best history.

Italy is also the world best at being submissive to German kings and emperors.
Also, you mentioned Cicero twice.

I believe France is better.

I think paved roads are our single greatest invention. Even in the 18th century, great empires such as France and Britain still used roads built in Roman times.

Marco Polo and Tesla were Croats

Bullshit list, for example, China did a great wall with a paved road on top 6 centuries before the Roman empire was founded. Greeks had paved roads too. It cannot be credited to Italians.

nice country with god tier history. could be better nowadays tbchwyf

you stole this from the brazilian italoboo poster

Come Home Fratello, MAMMA MIA

>implying it isn't italian clay
>what are the Comuni

>most of that shit was done when "Italy" as we know it was not even a thing
>meanwhile, unified Italy has only got a string of pathetic military defeats, the failed ideology of fascism, and some nostalgic kistch only hollywood gays actually like

Risorgimento was a mistake

>"Italian" "History"

You mong realize that Italy wasn't a country for a long time? It was mostly just small rebublics and dukedoms until it was btfo by Nappie and then started to slowly centralize. Before that it wuz rome and got rekted by 1 oh wait 2, no by three different Germanic migrations. Glorious History from 700bc- 300ad Other than that it was just a european breadbasket people wanted to conquer. Just like Poland has been the european cumbucket for last few hundred years.

So Finland is only 98 years old. Everything prior to that was not Finnish history.

>I think Italy blows

didn't read a single word lol

WE WUZ ROMAN N SHIET

yes

there is no finish history

France is basically a failed Italy

All of the people listed there are Croats

Rome is very cozy for a big city. :3

>sculptors
>Bartolini

it's Bernini

:3

>Ctrl+F Palladio
>0

thread, discarded

No he was serb

But he was Finnish

No he was fennoswedish

WTF I hate Italy now

Battle of Legnano never forget never forgive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Legnano

No plz

It seems any relevant nation claims its them who had invented radio XD

easily the worst general on this board
two cultures that have nothing in common, two peoples that barely acknowledge eachother, just memespam and circlejerk and literally nothing else

cancer at its finest