Any U.S. Marines here?

Any U.S. Marines here?
How was/is your service?

Can't speak from experience, but as far as I can tell from my 3 friends in the Marines, it makes you an elitist prick who can only talk about boot camp or PT, and how "Marines aren't soldiers, they're Marines"

The cringest shit is when they get pissed off at "ex-marine"

>ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE

Ok brah, nobody cares that you were a walfare queen in a subpar military branch that is known for gang/criminal activity

bump

It sucked, I met good people, I met assholes, I went to shitty places, I got out.

How did it suck? MOS?

Not marine poster but army poster here any combat mos kinda sucks. Mostly because there's nothing to do but paperwork and the occasional field training.

From another friend, apparently there are "civilian wounds" and "marine wounds" because one guy got into a knife fight and my injuries are from bike accidents.

The whole "I'm better than a civilian" thing is fucking gay as shit

Paperwork in a combat MOS?

My buddy got deployed to Iraq/Iran cant remember. They kept him on the ship the whole they were there.

Meh, my injuries kept me from going to the marines anyways. I didn't have the cash to get the surgery to fix the issues I had, so oh well.

then he probably wasn't in a combat MOS.

Yea man. Idk about marines or other companies but we did for a few things like you have everything that you were given, take notes, sign papers saying you went to whatever you went to. My case anger management.

No he was infantry they just didn't deploy him. Mostly a back up just in case something happens.

13f at Bragg. Just passed jumpmaster in March and my first unit was with the 173d in vicenza. Pretty good so far.

Loved every minute of my eight years!!

That sucks unless he wasn't looking forward to fighting.

He said they'd always hype them up, "Stay alert, they're gonna need us!"

No better than the army. Trained with marines, met an NCO who transferred from the army after his army service was up and said other than extra PT and more bullshit to deal with, it was no different than the army. If anyone here in the army knows, the army it sucks dick.

So, the Army is now doing what the Marine Corps does.