I'm in the process of applying to colleges right now and I have room to apply to a few more schools...

I'm in the process of applying to colleges right now and I have room to apply to a few more schools. Just wondering what school you go to, what your favorite band is, and the neighboring towns scene

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
youtube.com/watch?v=f7buxWtIPDM
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dropped out of school, it was just a bunch of libtards who only listened to vampire weekend, the strokes, grizzly bear, etc. It drove me insane, glad i left.

>Purdue Uni
>The Dillinger Escape Plan
>Lafayette's music scene is extremely small and shitty for the most part

boston college (depicted in the top right of your map there)

the brave little abacus

everyone at this school has bad taste except for the folks in the radio station (wzbc rules) and a select few outside; its just a very normie rich white kid school in a lot of ways

boston has a great DIY scene (two of the best math rock bands in the country, lots of good stuff in other genres) and pretty much every US tour of major acts comes through here so yeah. you gotta know who's who to find DIY shows though so if you end up in school in boston try to find me

i want pol to stop trying to turn another YET ANOTHER FUCKING BOARD into pol jr.

Good band

VCU
White Light/ White Heat
The music scene around campus is pretty neat, there are concerts around campus almost every night. Haven't gone to too many of them, though.

I go to UMass, which is on the map, so that's cool

Probably Kim Myhr, Master Musicians of Bukkake, or AnCo or something

I go to the Lowell branch, so Lowell is mostly shitty post-hardcore, and high school hip hop groups. I'm in a band with some kids who go to the towns CC, but we've never performed. We're trying to cut a record and when that's done, I'm gonna try to play some shows in town

Boston isn't far though, and refer to about what it's like down there.

Went to UC Davis. Chill, hippie, suburby college in Northern California. Great music scene with one of the best college radio stations in the country: KDVS.

Lots of """"hauses"""" that have parties/shows. Mostly punk, indie and dj'ing sheeeit

Carleton College, tiny-ass private school in southern MN. Bunch of people on campus with good taste. Car Seat Headrest played here about two months ago, loved that. Milo came back in spring. Minneapolis music scene is good, check out Peter Wolf Crier, Fog, Frankie Teardrop (now defunct RIP), Aby Wolf, and Zuluzuluu.

Cal State Long Beach
Swans or Gastr del Sol
From my gathering, the local scene is surf punk or skate punk or pop punk, or something like that. Stuff you'd expect out of Southern California. Haven't heard much of anything else, maybe more interesting stuff is going on up north, but nothing too interesting I've heard from down here.

What do you plan on studying OP?

used to go to school in sf
now go to school in austin

favorite band is probably a japanese band called he

austins music scene is aight, it used to be better

michigan is cool
football is good and so is indie scene
MC5 lived right by my house

1. cross record - wabi sabi
youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
2. street sects - end position
youtube.com/watch?v=f7buxWtIPDM
3. carrie rodriguez - lola
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
4. shearwater - jet plane and oxbow
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
5. randy rogers - neon
6. the sword - low country
7. taylor and the wild now - tides
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
8. widower - unholy oath/safehouse
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
9. jad and david fair - shake cackle and squall

>UCF
>King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard
>Eh, there are some good record stores and venues in the area though.

Soft Kill, All Your Sisters, Street Sects, Future Blondes, Annex at The Sidewinder (715 Red River) [+] [9pm, all ages]
Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Hello MN bro.
UMD here

>football is good
>lost to Iowa
Lol

Hey, rival. Hope today's protest didn't mess with your class schedule.

I go to Cal State Fullerton.
Right now, I'm digging Fiona Apple, Vatican Shadow, and Parquet Courts.
There's this small skate shop that hosts D.I.Y. acts. Besides that place, there are the established local venues and seasonal festivals.

Never went to school, fav is usually Pink Floyd but sometimes binge on other groups, Montreal is hipster-central making it like Sup Forums but friendlier.

Willamette University

Modest Mouse or Wilco

And the local Salem music scene is pretty small/mediocre. There are some decent bands here but honestly the band with the most potential/most unique sound is this one band who the members all go to Willamette and are homies of mine. Fucking small schools makes it hard to not know the people involved in stuff

pomona college

rolling stones

liberal out the wazoo, plenty of small acts floating around claremont and san bernadino though.