Why do bands even release full length albums anymore? 9/10 times it'd be better taken in smaller chunks...

Why do bands even release full length albums anymore? 9/10 times it'd be better taken in smaller chunks, and the songs usually don't have much to do with each other anyway.

Because any band worth listening to focuses on making their albums a cohesive whole that fits together.

This
OP is a plen.

But why does it need to be that long?

Your average album lasts from about 30 minutes to 90, the length is up to the artist

An hour is a reasonable amount of time to enjoy something for.

Movies are around an hour and thirty minutes, should they be split into 30 minute episodes because that's too long?

I don't like being bored.
30 minutes is even too long for most of these hacks.

Probably. Maybe I'd actually watch movies more often if they were.

So you listen to shitty music and then blame it on the album format? Are you literally retarded?

well then I point to If the artists you regularly listen to can't create listenable projects that last at least an hour, you're most likely listening to shitty artists

You have a point, but I don't think artistic integrity should be compromised to please people like us. I just don't enjoy sitting through an entire movie, but plenty of people do and that's the way the director wanted it to be.

>I don't like being bored
>bored
Yeah, definitely a plen.

>plen

>not being in touch with the hottest memes
Another plen spotted

I don't literally only listen to artists I already know will be great, yeah. If artists didn't have contrived ambitions to make something with 18 songs on it, listening to a release would be less of a gamble on my time.
I am, but I have to listen to shitty artists to find the good ones. Also a lot of time there are good songs on otherwise unremarkable albums.
It's not artistic integrity if it's just a business model though. Albums are long because people wanted to feel like they're getting their money's worth quantitatively and movies are probably the same deal.
How's the post-rock treating you?

How's the ADHD treating you?

It's not a business model though. Most albums aren't the specific hour long block format when it comes to albums, movies can be 1 hour action flicks to 3 hour epics

Even if they were on average shorter, you would still have to sift through the same number of shit artists and directors before finding the talented ones

It's driving me often in vain to find exciting things.
I always hear people deriding EPs as if they're lesser because they're lower on quantity, and a lot of people only take full-lengths seriously. I think that's a symptom of a stupid music culture and it seems rooted in a business model, but also in the actual physical capabilities of older physical media.
I wouldn't waste as much time doing that if albums were shorter though, obviously. Listening to some 4/10 shit for 15 minutes or listening to it for an hour are completely different experiences.

Do you really have to listen to an entire 4/10 album to know it's a 4/10 and you don't like it?

If you're bored just stop listening, how is that so hard

I'll admit that it might be a different experience but it isn't as if it changes the quality of the experience. In my mind if I'm listening to something shitty for 10 minutes or an hour, it's still the same thing, I recognize it's shit pretty quickly and will not waste all of my time with it

Also another thing to think about is there would be even more low quality projects out if the album format wasn't set so the specifications it was when the majors started demanding artists pump out LPs every year so basically what I'm trying to say it would be the exact same either way, the issue is oversaturation not format or length

OP you're either a good troll or have ADHD

If movies only had to be 30 minutes instead of a full hour, there would be a lot more movies made in general which would lead to more shit movies as well following basic logic. Same thing would go for albums

i honestly agree. I can't even listen to a full album. singles only m8