I was thinking about a sword with back made of graphene and blade totally made from a big piece of diamond...

I was thinking about a sword with back made of graphene and blade totally made from a big piece of diamond, would this shit be practical as melee weapon?
Would it cut bullets in the hands of a combat focused cyborg like raiden from mgr?

Also is a high frequency blade is factible IRL? Would it cut throught anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Turn your computer off.

We already have katanas that can cut anything. No need for that technomumble.

diamond brittle break easy

Kek this dude...

I don't know how diamond hardness actually works, i just pulled it out my ass because is one of the hardest things in existence, i thought it's durability was gonna be great.

What would be the best material for a blade?

Folded steel, Baka-kun.

Tungsten is the most dense metal of all the pure metals however the shit is heavy so I do believe that a titanium alloy would work if any anons want to work out the tensile strength that would be awesome

It's a juggle between being hard enough to cut things and soft enough to absorb the shock from the hit to not break. I'd go with some self-repairing swords for future settings.

Could you even afford that much diamond? I'm not sure if you know but it's fucking expensive.

diamond is the strongest metal there is, this would just be way to expensive to do though

There's no diamond that could ever be large enough to form a sword blade.
You'd need a metal, and a forging technique.
>legendary Damascus steel

Bitch

a fedora would look very nice with that sword.

you will look very handsom op

I'm pretty sure that the patriarchy keeps the cost of diamonds artificially high just to separate strong womyn from their best friends.

Explain further

It was hypothetical user, i don't think that it's possible to find a chunk of diamond that big and mold it.

Carbon fiber with a titanium alloy edge, or something along those lines.

and to keep us from having diamond blades

Itt pic related

Are you a retard? Diamonds are too heavy, 1 gram of diamonds weighs like 10 grams

That much diamond is worth around 50-100$ if you buy in Africa. Diamonds are literally dirt.

A kilogram of stew is heavier

i second this

>the fuck am I looking at

You have no concept of the world do you?

Are YOU fucking retarded? Because 1 gram of diamond clearly weighs 1 gram. You fucking nigger. Stay in school, kiddo.

that would be shit tier
diamond is too damn heavy to swing quickly, and while it is really high on the mohs hardness scale it still has lines of cleavage and will shatter like any other crystal. Katanas forged by a good smith using traditional methods are more than sufficient in the hands of a competent user. tl;dr, go to sleep user

>1 gram of diamond is heavier than 1 kg of feathers

Nanomachines.
>ht.tps://m.youtube.c.m/watch?v=7kNrIn8H32c

It would not be practical as a melee weapon at all.
Sure diamond is the hardest material but it's also one of the most fragile, it can cut anything but it can't take a hit without breaking.
A pure diamond blade would break into pieces after a single clash with a metal sword rendering it useless.

this, SO much THIS.
Think about the cost of such a BIG piece of diamond. You would need to get a fuck load of smaller pieces or produce them/said piece artificially. Do able? sure, but impractical to the max.

Also: asking about "IRL" ..."cutting Bullets"

No offense, but stop going autism max and grab a gun, they didnt proof themselfes sofar for nothing. Easy to produce, even a retard can use it, max efficiency.

Feathers weigh less

Fuck weight, a piece of tungsten will shatter if you drop it.

It's not hard compared to man-made substances but I think it is the hardest natural or naturally found substance.

55 Cancri

Ive been wearing a tungsten ring daily fr years and that shit has no scratches or damage at all too it. I've dropped it numerous times and it's fine.

Swords aren't practical anymore

>implying Diamond isn't the hardest metal ever known to mankind

You

> would this shit be practical as melee weapon?
no, it would break upon impact
> Would it cut bullets
no, it would break upon impact
> Also is a high frequency blade is factible IRL?
yes, you can vibrate a blade to limited advantage
>Would it cut throught anything?
No.

are you legit retarded?
do you think a millimetre of diamond is gonna do anything except break?

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of posters in this thread vape

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of posters in this thread listen to Dream Theater.

Why didnt you just ask adrianne. She works at the forge with Ulfberth. her shop is right next to breezewood

>implying diamond is a metal

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of posters in this thread have at least one Japanese themed decoration in their bedroom, even they aren't Japanese nor do they speak the language or have ever been there

No and let me explain why.
1. Diamond is heavy as fuck and not very maluable. Katana blades are made my rolling iron or steel to strenghten the blade, diamond maybe strong but it if you hit it in the right spot it shatters like glass.

>"but user diamond is the strongest material on earth" uh no.

2. We have much stronger man made carbon material. Its still expensive as fuck but its alot less difficult to make and forge.

3. Even if you could make a blade from a diamond, and somehow managed to sharpen it (which again, is basically making a glass sword and would shatter if it hit another sword, armor or anything with any kind of resistance.) you wouldnt get a lot of use out of it, once it dulls thats it, cause you cant use a sharpening stone to get the cutting edge back.

Never heard of it

Looks like this thread and my existence were a mistake.

>hardest metal
>diamond
>not Dragonforce
>KYS

It's true though. Dragonforce is the hardest metal ever known to mankind.

If you're gonna go full weaboo why not energy sword? Your fedora would keep you from being blinded

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of posters in this thread unironically own a pair of black jeans

Wow, look at this baka. He thinks street samurais uses fedoras. L O L

this

I own black shorts with a lot of pockets is that worse?

stupid wanna gaijin should all just commit honorable sudoku

You want steel friend. Sharp steel.

Li-like cold steel?