I'm sorry, but why is metalcore hated? I admit, I'm sort of an edgelord, but why is it music for young people...

I'm sorry, but why is metalcore hated? I admit, I'm sort of an edgelord, but why is it music for young people? I'm 19 and I doubt age has anything to do with liking Metalcore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4szewZQGkTE
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYrPR5cr5o
youtube.com/watch?v=MOxxAdRtU1w
youtu.be/xCGR9wEcqZs
metalsucks.net/2010/06/07/the-history-of-metalcorescreamo/
youtube.com/watch?v=nhcjnGbyagA
youtu.be/04_nrGdZ26k
youtube.com/watch?v=hWjmbfox6J0
youtube.com/watch?v=kgHjV_MrWCg
youtube.com/watch?v=4FmDvbUWUZI
youtube.com/watch?v=W1I9GIMTVRM
youtube.com/watch?v=3zPxMXEVK_o
youtube.com/watch?v=mM7FRYithmU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-zZ96D340
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not a matter of age, but of very bad taste.

is there any good metalcore out there?

youtube.com/watch?v=4szewZQGkTE

Kill yourself

It's cringe worthy as fuck. The way they go from the intense screaming to the whiny clean vocals. Fuck those clean vocals always sound so "literally gay".

It's a very boxed in genre too. Most of the bands just sound the same. There's like 20 Metalcore bands in my local music scene and I can't tell the difference between any of them and any of the successful bands.

There's nothing wrong with liking what you like but at least try and get into other stuff. Chances are you'll be over it by the time you're in your mid 20s.

no it's fucking metalcore
Get out of metalcore you're missing out of good metal by focusing on a shit genre
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYrPR5cr5o

youtube.com/watch?v=MOxxAdRtU1w

This. I'm sure there are some good bands out there in the genre. I honestly haven't explored it, but every genre has at least some tolerable bands

Killswitch Engage had great vocals when Howard was around. Music was total dreck though. I hope Howard joins a good outfit.

OP here
I like this song. Is it bad?
youtu.be/xCGR9wEcqZs

the new albums fucking awesome

overcast bassist does not make dreck

You'll understand when you grow out of it, I think I still probably tolerated some of it when I was 19. That said, I think a lot of hate with some of these modern pop and rock genres is that they are inherently stagnant or become less and less genuine as time passes. The best music movements are a reaction to something. That is to say, I'm sure plenty of hate comes from people who enjoyed the genre when it was fresh and hate what it became.

Fucking awful. You need to throw out your entire music collection... or just delete everything on your computer. And go out and just get all the Sup Forumscore essentials and listen to nothing but that for a month.

It is the only way to cure you now

It can't be awful if they have fans. Who tf do I need to impress by liking intellectual music?

because it's generally fucking shit, the most generic metal mixed with the most generic 3rd wave emo vocals. nothing morally wrong with liking it it's just that you have shit taste maybe pursue a career in something like finance.
it's okay but it's not metalcore it shares some influences with it maybe.
hair metal throwback with abit of actual metal injected, pretty terrible.
it's ok but not metalcore it's funny because the metalcore parts are the worst. the jazzy parts are nice but it just seems like they stole that idea from dillinger escape plan.

Because shitty scene music that was influenced by metalcore started being called metalcore by journalists and 13 year old scene kids.

>It can't be awful if they have fans.
Think of any band/artists you think is awful... got it? Ok. They have fans!

>Who tf do I need to impress by liking intellectual music?

Clearly Sup Forums since you're making an entire thread for us to evaluate and judge your taste. You can't do that and then play the "i dont care" card.

its bland radio pop music disguised for the edgy kids

is this good metal?

I will never understand how Hardcore Punk and Post-Hardcore went on to help birth such a disgusting and degenerate genre as Metalcore. It's fucking dogshit, generic, simplistic bullshit. The terrible vocals and brain dead breakdowns in every damn song.

Makes Nu Metal look like fucking Kraut Rock

>Makes Nu Metal look like fucking Kraut Rock

idk, I like the Chariot and Norma Jean though.

yes it is

Who dat

It's literally just the image. People here hate it because they see teenagers at Hot Topic listening to it, therefore they hate it on principle. Metalcore isn't even a bad genre bands like Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Botch and Every Time I Die are better than most of the Pitchfork-core crap this board circlejerks over on a daily basis.

Post-hardcore and metalcore sort of go hand in hand. The Warped Tour lineups for the past decade have basically just been a mix of both, the two genres have a lot of overlap.

What is the difference between post hardcore and metalcore?

Seems to happen to a lot of genres when they get popular/mainstream they give birth to terrible bands

But yeah, it's embarassing to say you're a fan of Post-Hardcore, meaning stuff like Fugazi and Unwound and have people think you're into whatever the fuck the genre seems to be now

post hardcore is cool, metalcore is shit

Post Hardcore originated in the 80s when bands/artists associated with the Hardcore Punk scene started branching out and getting more creative beyond just fast, 3 chord Punk songs.

Bands like Fugazi, Big Black, Jawbox, Drive Like Jehu, Unwound, Hoover. I'm sure someone else could give a better list since I'm more into the earlier bands and some of them could also be listed as Noise Rock.

But basically, as the decades passed the genre tag for some reason never gave in, and bands with radically different sounds were still being labeled Post Hardcore. A big reason is probably because a lot of these bands were never exceptionally popular and the term wasn't as commonly used.

So the term Metalcore was created so we would have a category to put all the shite "Post Hardcore" bands into.

This one talks about the difference a bit

metalsucks.net/2010/06/07/the-history-of-metalcorescreamo/

Most 90's post-hardcore is basically just noise rock as you said, with all the stuff on Dischord Records and the like.

I think once you get to the early 00's, you had bands like At The Drive-In and Poison The Well influencing the shit out of a generation of bands, then that led to stuff like Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens and all the modern post-hardcore you see.

they're actually both gay genres for homo fags

Hit the nail on the head

I don't know, metalcore has just always sounded bad to me, have never been a fan.

I love grindcore, power violence, thrashcore, fastcore etc. But the only metalcore I like is Converge. I'm sure there's more good music in the genre, but for the most part it just never clicked with me.

>has never listened to Iceage

You mean Fagage? Or Icefag? Fag.

If you like Converge, you'd probably love most other mathcore bands. Check out Norma Jean or Botch, they'd probably be up your alley.

Dude, admit it: you want to suck my cock because you know that Iceage listeners have great cocks

I don't get what's so terrible about it? The fact that you can understand the lyrics without reading along the first few times?

Will check them out, thanks.

>I'm 19
>I'm sort of an edgelord
It figures

>mu doesnt like music
>v doesnt like games
>a hates anime
>etc
why dont you just kill yourselves if life is so awful? die

"I don't get what's so terrible about it" is not a question, it's a statement, so you shouldn't put the question mark at the end
OP is a girl

more like killing themselves I'd love this website to fucking disappear from the internet. really, it's cancer

*more than

And where do the terms "emo" and "emocore" fit into all that?

Killswitch Engage is the only good metalcore band

OP here. is this good? This is my fave metalcore band
youtube.com/watch?v=nhcjnGbyagA

It's absolutely cringe and horrible

Thank you for the info, based anons

Try this user. Idk if its considered metalcore but i really like this album. Give this song a try.
youtu.be/04_nrGdZ26k

uh stop pretending to be me stupid cunt

The image is as embarrassing as the music. They are perfect for eachother. Whether you side towards the gay swoopy bangs and girls' trousers and gauges or leather wristbands, faux hawk and mall clothes.

Much like the modern day meme emo has last all of its original meaning and is merely a buzzword. It used to mean bands like American Football. It was closer in tone to some post-punk, ie. depressive, only with a certain level of soft, American middle-class disaffectedness.

It basically takes every negative aspect of post-hardcore, pop punk, and prog metal (if you even want to call it that) and lumps it into this mess of a genre that scene kids with an edge problem go nuts over. I can't even distinguish songs or bands from one another because they're all so terrible. Normally I don't judge people based on their taste because that's mostly subjective, but I do judge the fuck out of people who listen to metalcore. It immediately tells me everything I need to know about them and why I would never want to associate with them

>good
>metal

Its not that good music but only manchild metal fans hate it.

because for some reason people, both the ones who hate it and some of its fans, focus on the masses of generic bands instead of the good couple outliers (like the ones mentioned itt, or BtBaM, or Earth Crisis or whatever), which is the exact opposite way of how any other genre is treated.
it's like how some people hate pop as a whole because of stuff like adele or james blunt while ignoring grimes or the beatles.
that, but mostly because it's not cool to like.

it's not embarrassing if you don't want it to be

how does this board never know what the fuck it's talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=hWjmbfox6J0

youtube.com/watch?v=kgHjV_MrWCg

youtube.com/watch?v=4FmDvbUWUZI

It's one of the most basic genres in existence. I (unfortunately) have friends in metalcore bands that don't actually know how to play guitar. They're on the "can't even play Wonderwall" level of talentless.

There are of course exceptions, but it mostly consists of copy-pasted shit.

Look at theese cunts.

what if like moss icon and fugazi etc but also like new poppy post hardcore? am i still cool or no

I used to be huge metalcore fan,I still listen to it nowadays but not as much.It is absolutely true that it's pretty much a dead genre,almost every band is exactly the same and all their songs follow a cookie cutter formula that gets very old very quick.But that's not to say that there some great metalcore bands.Here's what I reccomend:

>The first 3 Killswitch Engane albums,don't really love their later ones but you can check them out if you want.My favourite is Alive or Just Breathing

>Every All That Remains album before This is War,the rest are complete shit but as I said you can check them out if you want.

>The entire Trivium discography but some are extremely hit or miss,especially Crusade and Vengeance falls

>I killed The Prom Queen,especially Music For The Recently Deceased

>Misery Signals,especially Of Malice and The Magnum Heart,that is probably one of the best metalcore albums of all time imo

>Parkway Drive,really solid discography except for Ire,that was really bad.My favourite is Atlas and their first EP.

>Converge.That really goes without saying,pretty much the quintessential metalcore band especially if you like a really dissonant and fast paced/mathcory sound.

>Dillinger Escape Plan,but that leads into mathcore and some prog metal as well.

>Protest the Hero.Basically a mathcore band that moved on to prog metal.Their first album "Kezia" is really good.But you listen to a lot of prog metal they can be kind of tiring because they don't really bring anything extremely new to the table.

>Every Time I Die,you'll love them if you like post-hardcore,their punk influence is evident.

After that there are some "djenty" metalcore bands,basically combining prog metal and metalcore.From that wave you'll still find a lot of boring cooki cutter bands but there are some really good ones.My favourite ones are Erra and Northlane (Didn't really like their last album though.)

I also forgot to mention Invent,Animate for "djenty" bands and Silent Planet for a little experimental band for metalcore standards.

I was in agreement to a point but why on earth would you use those two as examples of good pop

Protest the Hero, ETID, Sky Eats Airplane and The Contortionist I like. BTW does anyone know if Emmure is joking or are they serious?

Hey, morgen wieder SoWi? :)

The term "metalcore" is where "emo" was like ten years ago. Too many people, especially those supposedly "well-versed" in underground music, associate it with shitty bands for teenage girls and completely miss that it's a 25 year-old genre that began with a plethora of interesting and innovative artists.

Progress Through Unlearning by Snapcase
GOAT Emocore baby
undisputable

>ETID
I remember downloading their latest but never came around to it. Thanks anyways

yee
youtube.com/watch?v=W1I9GIMTVRM
youtube.com/watch?v=3zPxMXEVK_o
youtube.com/watch?v=mM7FRYithmU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-zZ96D340

Hating on metalcore has been a trend since the end of the emo/screamo craze of the 2000s.
I still like a lot of the crappy pop metalcore bands for the nostalgia factor and the shows are usually fun and have good guy/girl ratios.

this place is flooded with kpop, probably not the best place to ask about music taste tbqhfam

KSE are Brilliant.

Killswitch Engage, and Parkway Drive are probably the only ones worthwhile. I remember I had that phase, then I listened to actual punk and TVU. Changed my perspective as I realized all the emotion, energy, and stories made by these bands can be done way better and easier. Honestly, keep going down the musical chain of edginess. I decided if I'm gonna be edgy I'm going all the way. Made it to noise music then circled back to classic punk and rock. Became normal in the process and regret my past everyday.

fpbp

metalcore ah shit, yer shit, yer shit be shit,

>Of Malice and The Magnum Heart
PURGE YOU ANIMOS

It's the new emo basically, for every good band there are a hundred that are trash.