Why populism is so popular in the USA?

Why populism is so popular in the USA?

because people know their self interest

Daily reminder populism is a word invented by dumb leftards.

Are you a dumb leftard?

2 party system. It was either him or one of the most unlikable cunts on the planet

This. Leftism is a fallacy, so when you try to bring facts to the table, they can't win using logic and just resort to ad hominem attacks like post-truth, populist, fake news, racist, Russian secret agent, etc.

I know nothing about US politics
>2 party system
what does that mean?
I'm sure I've seen more than 2 parties in their last election.
there was a libertarian one that got nearly to no votes.

What they mean is that it's a two-party system in practice, not literally. The Republicans and Democrats are the only parties that have ballot access in every state.

No it's not, it's been around for 100 years at least

>leftism has not been around for 100 years

Do you not see the irony? Dismissing people based on memes because you think they dismiss people based on memes?
You think there's not a single leftist in the world more intelligent than you are?

>You think there's not a single leftist in the world more intelligent than you are?
of course not, otherwise they wouldn't call themselves leftists ;)

The fact of the matter is, populism has been around for a long time so when a dumbshit says it's a leftist invention then be needs to be reminded that it's not

Taking you as a sample size, clearly not, seeing as I didn't use a meme. If you want to go really far down the rabbit hole, you're trying to dismiss me by calling my argument a meme, when calling everything a meme is arguably a meme.

actually, Trump wasn't any more popular than other republicans.
He only won because Clinton was very unpopular

the word might be invented in the last decade but the political style behind it is ancient.

populism is much more popular in european countries

Bernie the memester was the biggest populist of them all
>free education
>free healthcare
>free shit

This.

It's funny that leftists use the word "populist" pretty easily on Trump but they don't use it on Bernie, who is the definition of populist.

Trump didn't promise free shit. He said I will bring you jobs, I will get you out of welfare, but you have to work.

Bernie was a populist like Tsipras, he promised free shit for everyone in exchange for votes.

>I didn't use a meme
>"the so-called tolerant left bully me!!!!"
>this is why Trump won!
ok buddy

>you're trying to dismiss me
I'm trying to reason with you, you seem very on-edge mate.

>He only won because Clinton was very unpopular
She was more popular than Trump nationwide, just not in a select few states.

>Trump didn't promise free shit.
>"WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL, AND WE'RE GONNA MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT!"

greek education

How is a free wall on the border even comparable to free education and more gibs ?

Are you dumb ?

I'll agree that Bernie was a populist that's why I didn't like him even though I'm fairly left.

However,
>Trump didn't promise free shit. He said I will bring you jobs, I will get you out of welfare, but you have to work.

He kept going on how he would reduced taxes massively, in some brackets even to 0%, how he was going to build a massive wall but no one would have to pay for it, fix all the infrastructure but no one would have to pay for it, bring more jobs to dying industries like coal, bring back manufacturing without raising prices etc...

He was absolutely a populist.

>Why populism is so pupular in democracy
fixed
Only good government system is monarchy

fortunately, Poland is a monarchy now

How can I reason with you, lad?

>"the so-called tolerant left bully me!!!!"
But that's not what I said, though. Name which of my examples you take issue with, and I'll provide you a high-profile example of its use by the left.

>I'm trying to reason with you
Clearly not.

>you seem very on-edge mate
More ad hominem.

>just not in a select few states.
>select few states
30 states.

All politicians are populist to an extent.

Even Hillary said she would have free college for some groups, make da rich pay their fair share, increase welfare and infastructure spending, etc.

My problem is that left wingers in America like to pretend that only Trump is populist.

Do you know how much said wall would cost?

Are you dumb?

>30 states.
Not all of those 30 states carry the same value, with the first past the post system and electoral college, only a handful of states actually matter.

That Trump won texas is irrelevant, that Trump won a bunch of flyover states is irrelevant.

(Same with the coasts and Hillary btw)

The Libertarians got ballot access in every state, Gary Johnson was just an idiot so it didn't matter.

it was not irrelevant because he won.

>But that's not what I said, though.
>they can't win using logic and just resort to ad hominem attacks

>More ad hominem.
lol where's my first instance of ad-hominem? You have such a victim complex.

> Name which of my examples you take issue with,
"Leftism is a fallacy"

kek

Good to see the Swedes are up to date with American leftist rhetoric.

>irrelevant
Apparently not lmao

>Have universal ballot access for the first time in decades
>Running against possibly the two most disliked candidates in history
>Have Gary Johnson as your candidate

Libertarians might want to rethink the weed.

>You have such a victim complex.
Come on, now. Can you not see yourself?

>"Leftism is a fallacy"
You tried, but that wasn't an example, that was my opinion. You must know I meant:
>post-truth, populist, fake news, racist, Russian secret agent, etc.

That is real democracy.
American probably understood it was populism, and they elected him.

It is irrelevant because Hillary was never going to win Texas and the deep red states, just as Trump was never going to win california, so saying that either of them won those states is irrelevant.

Trump won a select few states, Florida, pennsylvania etc which were the most important ones, that's why he won.

>Come on, now. Can you not see yourself?
All you've done is insult me and then cry ad-homimen. I asked you to provide the ad-hominem and you couldn't. You're an idiot.

>that was my opinion.
It's a patently retarded opinion, which you stated as a fact.

The real question is, why were so many Americans dumb enough to believe anything Trump says?

Its not a select few, he actually had an extremely narrow path to victory that involved winning Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Utah, as well turning a blue state red. He won all of them and then turned THREE blue states red.

Jesus, not president and parlaiment, ok?

Praise the Lord.

Who is dumb enough to believe everything a politician says ?

Americans believed Obama would bring hope and change. Trump is not a new phenomenon.

>winning Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Utah, as well turning a blue state red.
So to win the whole election he had to win 5 states, how is that not a select few?