WE WATCHED A TRAGEDY UNFOLD

WE WATCHED A TRAGEDY UNFOLD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVXJ_oCTH5I
rollingstone.com/music/features/roger-waters-talks-new-album-moving-past-spectacle-for-tour-w444785
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PQwqV1QcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey you...did you ever realize what you'd become

Goddamn this is my favorite album of all time. I'm literally dropping bvdub to listen to this now. Thanks a lot of OP.

What God Wants is such a fucking awesome song. I sent it to my atheist edgelord friend in high school cause I thought he'd appreciate it. But he refused to listen to it because it had God in the title and he thought it was a religious song. I told him he was a fucking retard and it was a song critical of religion. he still refused to listen to it.

But then, I look back on my old convos with him and cringe hard. I used to type out pink floyd lyrics into our internet chats. Not even copy paste, just type them out randomly in the dead space in the conversation.

Or sing along autistically to the In the Flesh concert DVD when my family wasn't home. I was retardedly suicidal back then though so I guess I shouldn't care too much I was crazy.

The kid in the corner looked at the priest
And fingered his pale blue Japanese guitar
The priest said
God wants goodness god wants light
God wants mayhem, god wants a clean fight

hell yeah OP, thanks for bringing me back to this shit. I was listening to the Final Cut on the way home this morning for the first time in like a year, and now this. Maybe I'll finally get back into Waters / Floyd after I destroyed my ability to enjoy it by listening to nothing else for 3 years straight.

That really is the best thing anyone from Pink Floyd did after Animals.

At the same time Pink Floyd tried to denounce Roger Waters' importance to the group while hiring a sleazy lyricist to ghostwrite him into the band. Even though he kind of drowned Pink Floyd with his ego Roger Water is the one who's easiest to relate with.

a severely underrated album

what god wants is the best classic rock song to come out after the classic rock era. watching tv is a really beautiful track. waters was really able to tap into what he had going for him in the 70s with this record.

The monkey sat on a pile of stone.

>That really is the best thing anyone from Pink Floyd did after Animals.

Final Cut would like a word with you. Sorry but Final Cut at LEAST equals Amused to Death, and that comes from someone who put Amused to Death on his Christmas list twice and literally drove across the state to get a copy of the CD.

I'm so fucking excited for the new Waters' record, but I can't help but feel it won't be at the level of Amused to Death, or his 70s work. I so hope I'm wrong.

> new Waters Record

The home heart one or whatever? Sauce?

It all makes perfect sense
Expressed in dollars and cents
Pounds shillings and pence

from the neil postman book it was based on: "how television stages the world becomes the model for how the world is properly to be staged. It is not merely that on the television screen entertainment is the metaphor for all discourse. It is that off the screen the same metaphor prevails...Americans no longer talk to each other, they entertain each other. They do not exchange ideas; they exchange images. They do not argue with propositions; they argue with good looks, celebrities and commercials."

great album and great book!

we watched a tragedy op, but at least we can all agree it was entertaining. right?

youtube.com/watch?v=hVXJ_oCTH5I

rollingstone.com/music/features/roger-waters-talks-new-album-moving-past-spectacle-for-tour-w444785

He's working with Nigel Godrich for this one.

lol

Fuck yes

Love the title track. Album's pretty solid.

The book it's inspired by was okay but I thought was too quick to dismiss anything that tried to be entertaining as trivial. I felt like I was better off reading Marshall McLuhan.

Is this thread ironic shitposting?

Yeah man my high school life was pretty cringy.

>be 16 or so, get crush on girl with hot ass
>ask her out
>she says yes out of pity to me
>pay for her ticket like a good beta goy
>pull favors to get my DJ friend to get him to play Wish you were here for us
> slow dance with her
>get hug at end of night
>buy her flowers and shit
>we never kiss or fuck
>she dumps me
>i go full emo and try to off myself
>literally thought my life was part of the wall
>was caught basically roaring along to the album in my room once or twice
>did a shitton of other cringey attention seeking shit
>tried to talk to her afterward
>listen to Sorrow and Amused to Death and grow to hate the human race (???)
>listen to In the Flesh. and start to become unironic neonazi
>she starts fuckign another guy a year later
>get even more emo and drop out of high school
>listen to Amused to Death
>play shitloads of minecraft because i have nothing else
>listen to amused to death while killing minecraft shit
>finally get sent a transcription of an online chat from my friend where the guy who fucks her describes to my friend what it was like fucking her
>get wicked horny, jack off over it, come in like 30 seconds, fastest I've ever come
>this was at my grandpa's house, too
>realize I am over her, finally (this was 2 years later)
>still jack off to her pics once in a blue moon but i have no feelings for her

I swear to god this is all true.

Can anyone pass a link to download it for free or a torrent magnet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PQwqV1QcU

Now search for youtube to mp3 converters. Or you can use it to download the songs one by one.

You're welcome.

t. someone who's been downloading mp3s of music from youtube since 2012.

Also the artists and RIAA people can shut the FUCK up because as a result of that, I bought two metallica albums and a nirvana album that I would not have bought otherwise, so they made more money than they would have. Fucking fuckwits.

yeah postman does seem to dismiss entertainment too easily, but mcluhan goes a little overboard with it. he was probably right tho...we are all just shit posting our way back to preliterate consciousness.

>126kbps

I'm not even a huge audiophile but thats too far.

Replies: 20
Posters: 10

Thanks for destroying my thread you friendless autists

Why are you telling us about your autistic life?

best I can offer, sorry

I dunno, it just came out.

I liked your story

>I bought two metallica albums and a nirvana album
How brave