I wasn't a very big fan of this album, Sup Forums

i wasn't a very big fan of this album, Sup Forums

yeah?

Bowie couldn't live up to the hype.

Did you know he's dead it adds context to it

Why?

guess i'm just a bigger fan of his old art rock days. he's gone in an art pop direction lately. i'm a bigger fan of the man who sold the world and diamond dogs

What's the difference between art rock and art pop?

Also.
>diamond dogs
I like you already.

I thought it was a major disappointment, and my opinion didn't change after he died.
This wasn't much of a swan song and more of a cough in the face.

checked

It needs a bit of distance still. Apparently there's lots of hidden secrets, like word searches or something

Is this album only hyped because he died?

incredibly insightful and worthwhile post. really made me think about the album differently and understand your point of view. upvoted!

Right back at you, you insecure little faggot.

Pretty much yeah, everyone ignored it on release and fans of Bowie despised it until his death.

>lately

Did you miss the news or..

what is it I'm supposed to be insecure about?

That's not true, Blackstar was getting lots of good reviews before he died. And pre-orders were in large quantity. You are either clueless or lying.

There hasn't been a single ignored Bowie album.

Also
>Blackstar was already on course to debut at number one on the UK Albums Chart prior to the announcement of Bowie's death on 11 January 2016, according to the Official Charts Company.

>There hasn't been a single ignored Bowie album.

Not him, but...
Pinups. Most people ignore Pinups. And rightfully so.

Another album that hit No. 1

Wait really?

I don't get it. I really don't. That album was such a nothing album.

You could erase it from history and no one would care.

And The Buddha of Suburbia

Oh yeah a LOT of people gloss over that album. (It's decent though).

Black Tie is a bit naff

Yep. We are talking about an international pop megastar here.

I'll concede this one as it was basically brushed aside by the label and not marketed or distributed well at all.

I know. Trust me. I love Bowie just as much as anyone.

But god damn that album ruined what could have been a 12 album streak.

In context it's not a real album. Just a bunch of covers he decided to release less than six months after Aladdin Sane. I imagine it was precisely because of that hot streak that they even decided to release it at all, as back then you could actually make decent money just off album sales.

I hate to break it to you Sup Forums, but Bowie is a hack. RYM said so.

>RYM
Just no. That community is bad.

Blackstar is less poppy then most his older stuff...

Yeah definitely not true
The music press was jizzing over it even before he died and as a lifelong Bowie fan, I loved it right from the start.
Only the normies started listening to it after he died

Pop? did you listen to it?

I agree, it's not bad just not nearly as much fun to listen to as his older stuff. Still better then what most artists do so late in their career though, aren't many 70's artists still making music that isn't just generic watered down copies of their classic hits. I respect him for going in a new direction with this.

>guess i'm just a bigger fan of his old art rock days
guess you mean glam rock based on your album choices. I'd say blackstar is closer to the berlin trilogy if anything. certainly not what I'd call "art pop" (not that you'd really be able to define that anyway). he's also dead which you seem not to be clued in on

wow you are a fucking retard

wtf I hate Bowie now

People were jizzing all over the album ever since he released the Blackstar music video. It was widely considered one of the best thing he'd done in a decade before he died.