Does Sup Forums only hate this album because it was popular?

does Sup Forums only hate this album because it was popular?

I prefer In Utero but Nevermind is still great. If it never became a success, do you think Sup Forums would praise it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gigwise.com/news/87824/hand-written-list-of-kurt-cobains-favourite-albums-is-revealed-online
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a great album that become insanely overrated

I mean it's 35th on RYM all time chart for fucks sake

Probably more so, but Nevermind is a bit overproduced. Its a great album but In Utero is better.

nevermind is easily their best album besides unplugged
in utero only gets its praised because of how kids wanna identify so bad with kurts cringe edgy lyrics
okay retard explain how its "overproduced"
can't wait to have a laugh

name 36 albums better than Nevermind

Don't you know that here pop production = """overproduced"""

nah, In Utero is their best. Frances Farmer, Pennyroyal Tea, Serve the Servants, All Apologies, Scentless Apprentice, and really the whole album.

Nevermind is so overproduced that it's a pop album. In Utero sounds so much more raw, in a good way. It's more experimental, in a good way. The Steve Albini mix is even better

thanks for the laugh!

Every other album in top 50

It's simply because Sup Forums doesn't discuss popular albums that much because they feel it's already been said enough about them by critics, media and people since they were released and there's no point in discussing them that much, hence this is also why relatively unknown indie bands are discussed way more than dadrock. That doesn't mean Sup Forums "hates" the album as you said. What made you think that? Lack of discussion is not same as hating an album lol
Having said that, it's one of the best and most iconic albums ever released and Sup Forumstants would agree on that.

>MBDTF
>TMR

lmao

In Utero > Nevermind > Bleach

anybody who disagrees is simply a moran

It's overproduced because it cuts out a lot of the noise Kurt put into the songs when he plays them. The noise is a lot less abrasive and more structured than on Bleach or In Utero. Their sound is stripped down on Nevermind

Its like im on reddit.
Fuck off

Sup Forums is reddit and Sup Forums is the most reddit board

I consider this album cover ironic because they were only in it for the money with this album. It's overproduced to hell. Then Kurt whines wah wah muh album is accessible. Well duh, every song is a normie radio hit

This probably had something to do with him dying. He wanted more than anything to be famous, but it didn't fit in with the image he created to make him famous.

Explain further.

Well the image of him as an apathetic grunge rocker, this put upon voice of a generation was all meticulously engineered by him to get famous. He acted like a rock star was supposed to act, but I don't think he ever expected that it would work so well. So I think it created a conflict in him where he really did want to be famous, but didn't want to be a sellout and didn't want to betray the spirit of the music he loved so much and which was so vehemently anti corporate, and I think he hated himself for that. Also probably because he knew he wasn't good enough to be as famous as he was. The people who's music he idolized and copied were.

>lel I hate kanye

Nice meme

daily reminder that Kurt was pretty patrician

gigwise.com/news/87824/hand-written-list-of-kurt-cobains-favourite-albums-is-revealed-online

Kurt's taste is a good way to get into alt rock that's actually good. I only know scratch acid from seeing a picture of him wearing a shirt of them

Fuck I'm a pleb

Wait, is this real? Because this is such a great list.

>Not already knowing the list
>Not already having read his journals

Pleb

Yeah, it's real. It's even hand written. I think he wrote in down in one of his journals or some shit.

Pretty impressive list considering Interwebz wasn't around back then

>Ywn discover this music in a record shop with your friends then go hone and spend all night learning to play it with them from ear in your garage band

>tfw patrician but tricked into making pleb music

>ywn try to be a musician in the pre-internet era

Now it feels like everything has been discovered, there is no novelty anymore

Yes, those are both better than Nevermind

It's a combination of it's popularity and "Kurt acknowledged influence from Pixies and Wipers therefor it's derivative and therefore shit."

and keep in mind there was no interwebs to feed him this stuff like we have

I know you should never say like there's nothing new to do because that isn't creative at all, but it really feels like there isn't. All just bullshit electronics now.

This statement is just retarded, do you seriously think there was no way of discovering good music before internet?

Everyone always talks about him ripping off the Pixies play style, but nobody ever mentions him ripping off Curt Kirkwoods vocals

Not that guy but it would be much harder to hear of things like Scratch Acid and Swans without the internet

it's not like he was trying to hide it, how many damn tracks on Unplugged are MP covers? Weren't Curt and Cris there too? Top cuck

Yeah, I bet they weren't complaining though, they got to play on MTV with the one guy who could do a decent cover of their songs

He literally got sued by Killing Joke for Come As You Are and would have lost if he hadn't killed himself beforehand.

Thats funny cause they ripped of the damned

Difference was Kurt is actually on record as initially being too nervous to release it as a single because of him having copied the riff.

Those aren't in RYM top 50

I hate the production, that ridiculously thick guitar sound and the choruses of In Bloom and Lithium are cringe-tier, and why does On A Plain even exist. Bleach and In Utero are better albums, also Incesticide

>girfriend a few years back claimed to be super into Nirvana
>had a bunch of merch and all
>the only song she knew on In Utrro was Heart Shaped Box and Pennyroyal Tea
>the only song she knew on Bleach was About a Girl
>a few songs on Nevermind she didn't know
>she thought Plateau and Lake of Fire were Nirvana songs

Remember, people like this actually exist. DUDE Smells Like Teen Spirit LMAO

Oh, and Dumb/Rape me

rude

kek

>literally proving him right

kurt was patrish, his music was pleb

he's shit, pleb

lmao, fuck off dude

Mothers Milk. Holy fuck I love Mothers Milk. But Nevermind is easily top 3. I mean Lounge Act, Territorial Pissings, Drain You. All amazing but shrouded by the first 3 songs.