Hello /b

Hello /b

I'm thinking of reading the Harry Potter series. Is it any good? How does /b rate it.

No spoilers please.

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/SB963270836801555352
archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/09/24/dumbing_down_american_readers/
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4lCnZ-WyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a very enjoyable series

Sure. The books are far better than the films. A *little* bit kiddy at the start, but it gets dark as fuck

when I was fucking 15 I thought it was mediocre. If you are an adult with no preestablished attachment to it you could probably get more out of other fantasy series. It is very angsty.

Gandalf dies at the end.

hermione dies

dumbledore dies

im listening to order of the phoenix right now.

i like the plot for what it could be, but if you're thinking that they get really in deep with magic an stuff they dont (so far as i know)

it's more about the characters.

hey reddit nice dubs

It's a great series. But no one of any importance dies, ever.

how does dubs equal leddit

Read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
It makes the magic in the books and movies make a lot more sense, its pretty damn good.

sirius dies saving harry, dumbledore dies by snape killing him, and harry marries ron's sister
also, dumbeldore is a homosexual and snape is revealed to be harry's mother's friendzoned cucked bitch so he was only following voldemort to protect harry

I think it's because you type like you should be on reddit

I enjoyed the first three.

R u still here OP?

OP here.

Trying to recover from being spoiled.

Not sure if I will even recover.

If you like angsty young adult fantasy books you'll love them.
A lot of interesting characters and well connected plots that flow through the series seamlessly.
A lot of room for speculation as not all the questions are answered in the books.
If fantasy is not your thing or you don't have a taste for teen drama I wouldn't recommend it.
Wouldn't recommend watching the movies until after you read it.
First 2, 5/10. Next 4, 7/10. Last 1, 9/10

Books do get larger as the series goes. I have favorites from the series and my family likes listening to them too. Goblet of Fire is my favorite.

Just watch the film's first now that you've been spoiled

if you are over 20 just fucking dont
its a series for kids and teens

Thanks user, it sounds good!

I will give it a go.

In full sentences?

sirius dies saving harry, dumbledore dies by snape killing him, and harry marries ron's sister
also, dumbeldore is a homosexual and snape is revealed to be harry's mother's friendzoned cucked bitch so he was only following voldemort to protect harry

Who was phone?

I have read all the books and nothing saying in this thread is true.

naw nigga he got in with the wrong crowd, all slytheryns n sheit, if he was any uthuh house he would be coo' nigga not being raciss n sheit. if you remember the story y'all know what i am saying

I don't know he might be retarded or a summerfag

well I would read the books after snape dies from saving harry

Summerfags don't exist, it must be the former.

If you're still a teen go give them a try and you'll sure enjoy them, but they feel quite dull once you grow up but I still keep a good bunch of fond memories from the first books since I read them being a child.
Don't bother if you are above teen years and actually have some experience with better books.

Slitherin were robbed every fucking year, fucking grithendore

What do you mean don't exist? R u a summerfag

>If you're still a teen.

Nice try mods.

Make sure you finish them before eighth grade year starts!

wsj.com/articles/SB963270836801555352

archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/09/24/dumbing_down_american_readers/

I just read the first two again recently and they aren't nearly as kiddy as I remembered.

That really changes when Snape kills Dumbledore though.

If you liked the movies you'll adore the books much more. They really are excellent

>on Sup Forums
>must be a retard because theres no summerfags
no
must be a retard because he's on Sup Forums lets be honest

Same here- I was surprised as I tend to skip the first three and cycle through 4-7. I think they could have benefitted from being a bit longer, but Rowling manages to create a really rich universe in the space of those two (maybe three) books.
Love listening to the audiobooks on long journeys though.

this video will take care of all your concerns

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4lCnZ-WyA

I'm a big advocate for the idea that actually, Sup Forums has a lot of really quite intelligent and creative people who come to blow off a bit of steam. Sure mixed in with specials and shitposters, but it really impresses me sometimes.

Like I've always said:
Sup Forums is where smart people go to act stupid
tumblr is where stupid people go to act smart

shut the fuck up

Facebook is where stupid people stagnate.

OP here.

They seem a bit sexual. I thought it was mainly about dragons, magic and knights.

I might have to reconsider unless it really takes off after that.

are you actually someone that hasnt read HP?
almost everyone i knew read that shit when we were 10-15 years old.

they really have something about them. kinda pulls you in. cant stop reading them once you start.

just refrain from using the internet on that topic. fanboys have ruined the franchise ages ago.