God-Tier Horror movies

God-Tier Horror movies

The misses and I need to add some films to our queue.

Other urls found in this thread:

sync-video.com/r/raXIbptn
youtube.com/watch?v=nX4-z-sbLOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This a good one.

Bumping

Excellent. Also pic related.

1982's The Thing.

Awesome movie

I'm assuming this one's already under your belt.

Another. I loved this movie as a kid because of the monster gore. Currently available on Netflix!

Here u go
bit ly 28NljPX

this movie really fucking scared me, one of my biggest fears is home invasion

Saw this, really well made.

The elevator blood scene(s) were probably the most unsettling visual in the movie - for me at least. The Shining is amazing.

OP here, what is that?

Clive barker MasterRace

hipster piece of shit (to the poster, not the movie)

I'm perfectly fine with people generally not liking Hostel, and it's quite gross more than anything, but one scene in it that stuck with me was later in the movie when one of the antagonists talk unknowingly to the main character, thinking he's one of them.
Without spoiling, despite this character being minor, it is how he acts, and the things he asks that solidify what makes the movie disturbing.

I can't take this movie seriously because of how hilariously abysmal Shelly Duval's acting is.

We fucking love the hostel movies - OP

Anyone here a fan of Session 9?
Not jump-outta-your-seat
but it's got atmosphere.

Takes as many guts to admit as it took to make the movie.
Many think they are just gore-fest. That or I'm in the wrong crowd.

I watched that some time ago, I thought it was alright.

only movie i felt was scary was when i was 9 i think, i wasnt 9 when it came out. it was just rented. after that no "scary" movies seemed scary :(

The fact that I didn't have to post this makes me happy.

OP here, you're welcome sir.

Here's another one that has extremely mixed reviews.

As a fan of the games, I am ready to both defend it and mark it's limitations.

I'M SO GOD DAMN HUNGRY!!

Totally hawt...

Tell me more...

it's from V/H/S, which honestly I thought was meh at best

Loved this one.

God-tier scary movie thread huh? Hmm...

Spielberg's Best
Half Slasher Movie,
half Adventure Movie
Just fucking hum a couple of bars of the John Williams score when I'm so much as in the bathtub and you will be peeling me off the ceiling.

We saw that movie early, wasn't so good.

1/10

I think the initial build-up was really good. Especially the scene where she's reading the book.
Second half really disappointed me.

This movie has something the vast majority of horror movies don't have.

An amazing plot.

Even if it wasn't scary at all, the plot is phenomenal enough for it to be a great movie.

spooky af

kk angstaanjagend

the blood test scene made me jump.

Curious as to why you didn't like this, I thought it was great. Created a long, drawn out sense of dread and slow-burning fear. The ending was kind of lame but other than that, it deeply distressed me the entire time

I haven't seen it but isn't the ending some type of bs "power of love" that doesn't fit in with the rest of the movie.

I second this, it's also a mindfuck.
This one is pretty good too. 'It Follows''

I mean the whole film is essentially focused on her relationship with her son, with The Babadook monster sort of being a real-life manifestation of all the secret taboo feelings of loathing and resentment she has for him. So the ending is sort of a resolution to her getting that shit in check by dealing with the monster. It works for the film perfectly, but it isn't a good "horror" movie ending.

It follows was really good, the bedroom scene with the huge tall guy made me flip shit in the middle of the theater.

I liked this a lot. Saw it in theaters, didn't know what to expect, but was not disappointed.

Masterpiece.

Anybody want to make a stream so we can have movie night?
We can all act like niggers in the lobby.

watched the preview, looks like shit.

This

I'm down. What do ya'll mother fuckers wanna watch?

First one is excellent second is garbage

I haven't seen Jacob's Ladder and it's on YouTube.

Not seen this in ages, Quality movie

love love love. read all the books

I haven't seen it either. I'm in. Gimme like 10 minutes to get a few chores done first.

Mmk.

bump. getting the stream set up if anybody wants to join for some spooks.

bumping the bump

Good mindfuck movie

>the thing

Seconded.

My favorite horror film, after you watch it look up what the Norwegians were saying.

Car dead, details later

Is it true that like 1950's korean horror films are the scariest ever made?

yes

streams ready. will begin whenever we have a decent amount of people. first movie is Jacob's Ladder. Open to recommendations for the next if we decide to stay.

sync-video.com/r/raXIbptn

>it's from V/H/S, which honestly I thought was meh at best

Agreed, most of it is meh; but the part with her was really good.

I'd recommend that bit, not the whole film.

Scariest film of the new millennia:

cat?

That movie did literally nothing for me

You beat me too it.

>David Caruso
How can you take this movie seriously?

The last 20 minutes isn't great, but everything before that is one of the best horrors I've ever seen. Straight anxiety enducing.

It's shit

ass

this and From Beyond are so fucking good.

this movie was utter shit
heres my proof: youtube.com/watch?v=nX4-z-sbLOo

Huge fan.

Eh. Slither was mediocre at best. Had some good practical effects though.

underrated movie

bump. starting whenever we get ten people, or lower depending on how slow it takes.

The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, startThe running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, startThe running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, startThe running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

its an okay movie but i dont thinks scary at all, just disturbing