Penalties

How do we fix this shit?

>ruined Baggio's eternal legacy in 1994
>ruined 1998 eliminating the best Italian roster in the history of the sport
>ruined 2002 getting South Korea to a semi-final
>ruined 2006 getting the best Argentina squad in the history of the sport eliminated
>ruined 2010 from having the first African team in the semis
>ruined Messi from being the GOAT
>ruined Chelsea's dreams in 2008
>ruined Riquelme's European career
>ruined Raul's hopes of winning something with Spain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EyGBN5weFg
youtube.com/watch?v=foX_ZiScMvU&t=230
youtube.com/watch?v=ujIzS8mevGY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_4–3_West_Germany_(1970_FIFA_World_Cup)
youtube.com/watch?v=M5F_WCEdRFY
youtube.com/watch?v=tGq7VcaHoqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>ruined Riquelme's European career

thats van ghouls fault

But America, that's the beauty of it.

If you don't take the game to life and force your way to success then it will roll the dice on you

Slippy T

man i fucking hate this shit, why don't they just make it look hockey shootouts then? take the ball from the top of the box and run at the keeper, the keeper is allowed to leave his line. What's so wrong about this?

I don't know, maybe just FUCKING SCORE IT? Or something.

This is why golden goal is better

So a moving penalty shootout. Why?

It definitely isn't. Extra time is already very defensive without the golden goal, it would ruin it.

Use a bit of skill instead of making it into luckkick

Wow, it just so fucking stupid that I don't even know how to reply. Well done Amerifat, well done.

If the player is allowed to move, it's be even more diffucult for the goalkeeper

Sports should be not only physical but mental.

Fuck the autists desu.

Because then the player has the ability to feint movement while the keeper is also allowed to cut angles or have a shot at saving it rather than "guessing the wrong way" and it being completely over

RETURN THE GOLDEN GOAL, FUCK THIS STUPID LOTTERY SHIT

Fucking this. I never understand why everyone are calling penalty lottery - it's ALWAYS about skills. If you're good enough - you score. If you're shit - you just fucks up. Easy and simple.

Trips don't lie. You need to score to win.

But the law of sports don't lie either. You win by playing the game.

Don't forget
>ruined England's world cup win 1990
>ruined England's Euro win in 1996
>ruined England's world cup win in 1998
>ruined England's Euro win in 2004

Penalties are also part of the game and if you cannot score it, it just mean that you're not good enough.

>ruined 2002

that would be FIFA paying off the refs to ensure South Korea advanced lad

youtube.com/watch?v=9EyGBN5weFg

so Messi is the worst player of all time because he missed it 3 days ago? but he's the goat because he pushed it in in 2011 and 2015? Penalties are fucking luck and the fact that the ball, the surface, and the way it connects with your foot is so important that environmental elements rather than skill come into play is just random shit that should be eliminated from the sport

Maybe they should just score then

He's a mental midget

> part of the game
So are free throws in basketball. They're there to punish players for fouling to prevent a goal. They shouldn't decide the game, that's like saying let's flip a coin

2 solutions for extra time
literally give me a good argument against multiball

Or moving the goal posts in towards center 10 yards each
There isn't one

but there's minimal luck in free throws, it actually takes a semblance of skill that's why centers have abysmal free throw percentages. A penalty is just dumb luck a lot of the time. You cannot tell me that THIS is from a lack of skill.

youtube.com/watch?v=foX_ZiScMvU&t=230

this Penalty shootout just justifies a need to change the way the match is neded

>said the guy that never took a PK on life

PKs put players under a lot of stress. If your mind isn't sane enough, you'll fuck it up... It's the moment where boys and men are distinguished...

By knowing how to kick a fucking ball.

Yea, sure, take it to extreme. Messi also fucked one penalty against Chelsea a few years ago. It worth to mention, that at that moment he never scored against English team in CL. Why I write this? Penalties are also about mentality (watch the post I answered) and when you feel pressure, it's easier to make a mistake. If you allow pressure to do it - you're just weak atm.

South Korea deserves nothing but suffering. 2002 was so fucking disgusting

I dont know why they dont just move the goals towards the center in the first place. Just shortening up the field 10-20 yards would change little but increase scoring enough so that there's less boring slurpfests

>3rd worlders always ranting and raving about ""the beautiful game""
>endlessly parroting on about the strategy and mental capacity involved in soccer tactics
>the fluid constant motion makes this game the hardest to dominate and is the best sport ever
>most Important games LITERALLY decided by a kicking contest
I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me

It would be worse or you need to remove player aswel.

>tf
>multiball

They should be free kicks (without the possibility of running with the ball)
Penalties are fucking boring and never lead to a satisfactory victory.

wtf is this porous ass ?

It would have changed nothing.

he put his support foot right under the ball. That's not luck, that's shitty technique

fucks multiball?

youtube.com/watch?v=ujIzS8mevGY

Adding another ball in play

Your country already had this and it was shit.

so what do you want, a free kick from the top of the box with a wall of 3-4 defenders and nothing else?

I think this is too hard

Why? because it "looked different"?

That's not bad actually, how often do they manage to score?

start the game with a penalty shootout, whoever wins get the win if the game is tied after 90 minutes, this way players will know what they have to play for since the begining

Has this been tested? Seems interesting but could get really fucking stupid

not enough
but this was the game winning save
it surely beats the penalties excitement of now

that's on sacchi.
one between france and italy would have been eliminated, penalties or not
that's on refballs
>ruined 2006 getting the best Argentina squad in the history of the sport eliminated
if they couldn't win before the penalties then they weren't that good

Personally I think penalties ruin games. I dont mean in knockout games during overtime to crown a winner, but during regular game and regular time.

Penalties are often awarded for very minor offenses.

As of now, penalties result in a goal being scored 80 % of the time, I think they should move the penalty spot back a bit so it would be a 50/50 chance of scoring a goal. Penalties today are just too strong.

golden goals are the most retarded and idiotic and insulting thing to have ever been done in the history of football.

instead of penalties each team should jerk off and see who cums more semen or which cum jumps longer

the only fair way to solve a tie after 90 min and extra time is to have another game the next day. and the next day if there is another tie and so on

>this flag
>this comment

jesus christ

also
>going to yellowstone in 2016

the prime of that park is well past, ever since that fire. Better off going to Yosemite nowadays

this is so based, can you imagine the tremble of le cut inside man facing casillas but x10?? my balls would be sweating

No penalty shootout.
They have to score, eventually.

>score a goal
>opponent has no chance to respond

no, removing that was the best decision FIFA has ever made

get rid of the goalkeeper after over time

>let's turn a dramatic and fairly unpredictable event into a test cricket match that goes on for 3 hours
You know people have shit to do, right?

NAME
A
M
E

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_4–3_West_Germany_(1970_FIFA_World_Cup)

still mad

Van ghoul made a good proposal: Each team gets one player sent off every five minutes.

>Seems interesting but could get really fucking awesome
FTFY. Imagine attacking and defending at the same time, split image, 2 play-by-play guys, best players handling 2 balls at once (no homo). It'd be sweet.

i cant believe i never heard of this

Yeah, golden goal was just cruel, watching your team lose from one was like getting your balls suddenly cut off.

it's such a retarded thing.
penalties shootout may be all abuot luck, but at least both teams get equal chances.
with the golden goal one team never has the chance to respond.
who was the diot who had such a misbegotten idea

Am I the only one who genuinely likes them?

>That whistling and booing from the opposing fans whenever a player is about to step up
>That look of utter concentration and nervousness on the penalty kick taker's face
>Those mind games between the goalie and the penalty taker
>That suspenseful, gripping feel as the player runs up
>That explosion of joy by the winning team as they all run out after the decisive penalty is scored or missed

If you have a team that can shoot like Matias Fernandez or Charles Aranguiz it's nothing like a lottery
It's about fitness, stamina and mental fortitude
youtube.com/watch?v=M5F_WCEdRFY
If you think these are luck you're a big dummie

This looks fucking awesome tbqh, too bad FIFA are a bunch of faggots that would never put it into consideration because of muh traditions.

No. It has very little to do with football but it's tremendous drama.

Also, a heck of a lot better than a fucking coin toss. Yes, that happened.

Italy literally owes their only European title to a fucking coin toss, kek.

pretty much.
football is a sport where a tie is a perfectly normal result. The problem omes when you need to have a team win at all costs. That is what goes against the core of the sport. No matter what system you choose to determine the winner, it will always be wrong and unfair.
So haing it be one where mental fortitude and concentration is the determining factor is not so bad in perspective.

the alternative is to have both team advancing.
I wonder how that could work. But at least for the title you could give it to both

>What was Brazil x Netherlands in 1998
>What was Brazil x France in 1986
>What was Germany x France in 1982*
*Triggering Frenches in 3, 2, 1...
youtube.com/watch?v=tGq7VcaHoqo

I'm someone who doesn't know much about soccer, and I find one very big flaw with the whole "penalties = luck" argument.

Penalty kicks happen during the actual game too. Are those just luck also? Does it take actual skill to score a penalty kick, or is it all just luck?

If it takes actual skill, then a penalty shootout is obviously not just a lottery. It it's just luck, then there's something fundamentally wrong with the sport of soccer that a team that is fouled inside the box has to rely on pure chance to score. Either way, something is wrong here.

This sounds like it would only encourage even more bus parking and semen slurping.

>Win the pre-game penalties
>Park bus for 90 minutes because you win on the tie

lots of teams park the bus already waiting for penalties, i dont think it would change much really other than players being less nervous in the shootout because not everything is lost if they miss

Why not just provide a greater incentive to score goals during the 90 minutes to make draws less likely in the first place? For example 3-2 could be worth more points for the victor than a 1-0 victory.

This looks like such a drag
When thinking about things like this, you have to take into account that teams will do anything and everything to win
Giving literally infinite time encourages boring time consuming tactics

We're talking about penalties here, these happen during knockout stage
There are no points involved, you either pass or get btfo'd
Come on get it together

Solution:
If a game is still tied after regulation, then each team will select 4 players to play a 4 on 4 game using small goals played on a field that is slightly smaller than the penalty box. First to 3 goals wins. No luck, pure skill

You know what we REALLY need and would fix most of Football's problems?
Double elimination brackets
Double elimination brackets encourage consistency play
To be considered the best in a league, any league, you should be able to beat any team two times instead of meme'ing your way into victory

i actually unironically approve this

and what happens in the losers backet when it's tied after 90?

Proceed as normal
If you get meme'd by penalties twice in the same tournament then you weren't meant to be the champion anyway

>wanting endless semen slurping

He was injured the whole Cup, not really his fault (even though everyone remembers him for that here, it's kinda sad)

Mid 80's/early 90's was probably better; then again, it would be "ruined the best French roster in the history" otherwise. Also, 1998 killed the best Netherlands team since Cruyff's days

Yeah, that was shitty. [spoiler]2002 was shitty on many levels and the refballing was disgusting, especially for Brazil[/spoiler]

The very same guys who lost the previous Confederations Cup in a terrible fashion. Not really the best Argentina NT by far

>ruined 2010 from having the first African team in the semis
Word. Made Uruguay relevant again though.

>ruined Messi from being the GOAT
Nah

Who fucking cares

>ruined Riquelme's European career
I'll give you that.

>ruined Raul's hopes of winning something with Spain
See Chelsea

this, plus the fact that most penalty offences end in a red card so goal + player sent off = double punishment for an offense that sometimes could even be a ref's mistake. and if the player gets a suspension out of it too that's a triple punishment.

>How do we fix this shit

Teach players how to take penalties, teach goalies how to stop them

Then it's up to them to whether or not they can bite down and man up for the moment

Problem solved

MLS has the answer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXiRCCB68E

thread over

I think a fundamental problem with football in general is that the ruleset pretty much in itself encourages "playing to draw"

>90 minutes regular playtime
>11 players on each team
>Relatively big field
>Very limited amount of subs
etc.

People get exhausted after these long playtimes, there's like a million people on the field so you can always let plenty of people pretty much cuddle the goalkeeper etc. I don't think it's surprising that even the big teams that are supposed to crush their opponent will often find themselves in situations where they will draw or just barely scrape by with one late goal or something.

If the fields were smaller, play-time and player amount was reduced I bet a lot of problems would just be resolved. It's hard to camp the bus when your opponent has less distance to cover, you have less players at your disposal, people have more energy and managers can sub more freely etc.

>the fact that the ball, the surface, and the way it connects with your foot is so important that environmental elements rather than skill come into play
since when every other play occurs in a vacuum? this is part of the game, you fucking faggot.

>get the keeper out
>chip ball
>win everytime

> This

> I'm clapping America

cant wait til you lose in penalties tomorrow fuccboi

> Wales