Lil ugly mane

is he the greatest artist of the century so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/sleep-until-it-hurts-you
youtube.com/watch?v=wz1vIxt-fMM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah. Emphasis on artist.

Three six mafia for white Tumblr kids

incredible lyricist and great producer

Yeah. Emphasis on white.

He's honestly up there artistically with Kendrick, and looks down on the rest of hip hop

i'd like to hear him make something other than hip-hop. i know theres plenty of that on the 3 sided tapes but like a whole concentrated album of it. he probably cant sing though

lol yeah man fuck white people am i right

Yes, precisely.

liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/sleep-until-it-hurts-you

was aware of that but im talking about like a whole 12 song album, not 1 10 minute song

Definitely one of the all time best producers

He's one of those artist who have an insufferable fanbase who overhype him.

He's a good songwriter and has good production skills but hasn't made anything worthy of note. He's makes tributes/parodys of various hiphop styles/genres but has no concrete footing in anything beyond his current shallow output of genre hopping.

If you out do a group in their style, haven't you succeeded in making something good

Says who? Mista Thug Isolation doesn't hold a candle to Memphis Rap classics and Oblivion Access is a poormans El-P.

Mista Thug does hold a candle to the classics imo and OA sounds absolutely fucking nothing like EL-P

>imo

Exactly that. There's nomajor consensus on how much of "legend" he is or how "masterful" his work is aside from the stans who worship him. If you can't see the El-P influence on OA than perhaps you're not even versed enough on hiphop to be having this discussion.

You're just saying he sounds like El-P because he's white. He sounds just as much like Clouddead, and production wise he sounds like nobody but maybe clouddead.

i would assume tumblr would hate him for le appropriation

what exactly did he mean by this
youtube.com/watch?v=wz1vIxt-fMM

>You're just saying he sounds like El-P because he's white

There are two options here.

A: You're either shitposting or a deaf retard
B: You're not familiar with El-P's discography or think Run the Jewels is the only thing he's done

Can't help with you with a, but if it's b then listen to his solo stuff. Fatantastic Damage/ISWYD and Company Flow/Cannibal Ox.

I was a regular in the memphis threads and MTI is a fuck of a lot more consistent than actual memphis tapes

OA is vaguely infuenced by El-P but it far more varied and confrontational than anything El-P has done

I'm the guy who just told him he's wrong and you're dumb as shit

El-P is clearly an influence, it's readily apparent in his flow and to a lesser extent production post-MTI

>a lot more consistent than actual memphis tapes

You got to expand on this because that makes no real sense. If by consistency you mean polish then that's an anachronistic and extremely flawed way of judging music. You have to remember the music you're comparing it to and the key influence is decades older, lo-fi, and recorded onto tapes primarily for distribution.

The tools he's equipped with are better and his access to more music to sample is easier with tools like the internet and computer based production. With all those advantages Memphis producers still have better work sonically. His basslines aren't as good as Juicy J's. He has nowhere near the same level of god tier sampling like Shawty Pimp. He can't make more sinister beats than Blackout (imo the best producer out of Memphis). So what does he have going for him? Lyrics? He hasn't made lyrics more grim or evil than Lord Infamous. He can't flow on a beat as good as Skinny Pimp. His rhyming patterns aren't as intricate as the children of the corn/graveyard prod. He lacks the notoriety/infamy of Tommy Wright III.

LUM mocks his fans with the final track of OA but his stans are still oblivious. I don't hate LUM, infact I think he's one of the best artists to come out the memphis rap revival, but his overpraise is just nauseating, especially because his fans don't have the same passion for the music that influences him as much as he does, they just worship him as some sort of pioneer, when all he does is make tributes/parodys of the music he loves.

AMMA SLIT MA RIST NO TURNICAT

i thought meme mane retired? or was that a ploy to sell more cassettes to his gated community fans?

he's making music with wiki and antwon in the trio secret circle now

No and there you have it

/thread

Not the guy u replied, but Ugly's better at realising a music thats more consistent aesthetically. All good point u made in regards to where Ugly stands but like imo, what makes him amazing is that he doesn't excel in one niche aspect of the music, he delivers CONSISTENTLY in all of these different avenues, and because he's like a jack of all trades he's able to make music thats well realised conceptually and aesthetically both of which are incredibly important to Memphis Rap. No Ugly isn't the GOAT, and yeah he might be overrated by his fans, but he's criminally underrated in hip-hop as a whole.

>le aesthetics maymay.

I love this board.

He makes noise and black metal. I think he was in some kind of punk band too a long ass time ago?

>OA is a poor mans El-P

This is down right the absolute most retarded thing I have ever read on here. This is some shit /r/hiphopheads would say

>if I namedrop the most popular Memphis rappers it'll sound like I know what I'm talking about

photo negative of lil b