Sup Forums, I have to deal with the coworker from hell, do you guys have any coworker from hell stories

Sup Forums, I have to deal with the coworker from hell, do you guys have any coworker from hell stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_metropolitan_area
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_County,_Washington
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try to get them fired or to quit

But honestly, you don't have to like someone to work with them

software developer, reporting in.

we had this guy who was so autistic he couldn't understand abstract concepts, like computer programming. he constantly bad-mouthed the company too.

He had like the Midas touch, only instead of gold, everything he touched turned to shit.

This guy decided to write a framework to connect to a Major Social Networking site, and share our content with their users and news streams and what not. After 6 months, he still didn't have it working, he constantly said it was the Social Networking site's fault, and he refused to use an existing library that worked.

so glad he's gone.

Oh believe me, I have tried. I work for an extremely small company in EMS. Our administrators likes to keep things easy going and doesn't want to start confrontation but this kid is an autistic shitlord who is going to get someone killed one of these days

when i was early-20's, i started this retail job, and the guy who was mentoring me ended up sleeping with the wife of the assistant manager of the store.

that was an awesome time.

That sounds like a serious liability.

If your concerns are not unfounded, then your managers need to listen to you, before someone gets seriously hurt.

>Used to sell furniture
>Did training program with a pretty funny dude who seemed pretty down to earth
>We both came from previous bullshit door-to-door jobs
>Seemed pretty chill
>Said he was looking for a place to stay since he currently lived with some weird 80 year old woman in seattle
>Offered him a bed/place to stay in my living room for rent.
>Took me up, fast forward like two weeks.
>Turns out he was only sufferable as a human being because he was sober.
>Turns out he's one of those literally-can't-function-when-not-high kind of losers.
>Turns into a massive waste of space who is equally lazy, irresponsible, and retarded.
>He was only funny because I didn't realized he vomited the same jokes 24/7
>Took me 4 months to kick him out because other roommate totally loved the dude and I couldn't exactly do anything legalwise because he wasn't on our lease and donwannotrabble.gif.

I am a very trusting person and I don't mind getting burned on going out on a limb for someone but he legit tried to renegotiate rent when it was due from 300 to 100 a month like that sounds even remotely reasonable. So I called him a nigger and told him to get his shit out by the end of the month or I was going to call the cops. He figured shit out, was lazy at selling furniture, never made his numbers or really sold much of anything that wasn't just tossed at him and he ended up quitting to go be nightcrew at some grocery store. He was also like 27 and had an ex-wife who he hated and a kid who was like 4. Dude was a walking fuckup, similar to my other roommate, who was also my coworker, but he was like 22 and the literal personification of Ed from Ed Edd and Eddy.

Gas station worker here with loads of stories from my current job and before I will start with my old job:
>Fencing
>My job dig holes and cement the posts in when done
>Jackhammering all day with new guy
>New guys name is Dustin or as I liked to call him doorknob
>Requires at work safety glasses, ear protection and steel toe
>Doorknob refuses to wear any of these
>Boss is out doing estimates
>I tell doorknob to put the gear on or leave
>He refuses and I call the boss
>Boss says put it on
>He still refuses
>This fucking guy is retarded
>Jackhammering away and he comes by
>I keep on telling him to put it on.
>I leave to go grab a drink
>My hole is almost done (2feet min)
>I come back to find him running the jackhammer in my hole I ask him what the heck hes doing
>as he turns around a chunk of flint flies out
>It hit him straight in the eye
>Blood not kidding you fucking everywhere
>the chunk had hit him in cheek and eye
>I call 911 and the boss and tell the customer to come help me
>Dustin lost his eye and was fired.
>Dustin tried to sue for failure on providing safety gear which is bullshit
>I quit after 3 years

>Newer job painting.
>My job was to paint the front of this building 19 stories up in the air.
>Not that hard we set up the climbing (can't spell it)
>We are up there safety gear is all worn and everything is going safe
>We have the area blocked off with caution tape and everything
>A dumb mother fucker and I mean a dumb mother fucker decided to climb up to talk to us
>This motherfucker holy shit retarded.
>He climbed up to us and started talking
>we asked him what the fuck he was doing up here and asked him to leave
>He wanted to see if we were being safe... Logical.
>As he climbed down he slipped and fell 3 stories
>Snapped him legs and his arms broke a rib and suffered major brain damage.
>We ran down got help and everything
>3 weeks later he passed away
>People wonder why I quit after that...

who else /retarddumbshitcoworker/ here?

Still working at paint company
>4 month's into this job 17.50 a hour to paint? done deal
>Painting away in a ladies house
>Multi million dollar house fucking fancy
>Painting the walls a nice purple very pretty
>painting the lower parts of the wall a nice blue and same with the top Ceiling a nice light blue
>It looked NICE
>set up and painting away
>Drop sheets everywhere paint cans all in 1 spot
>Paint trays beside us
>painting down her hallway
>out of drop sheets so I ask Dan(e)? Not sure how to spell it
>Ask him to get me some more sheets from the areas that are done
>He grabbed a sheet which had his paint tray on it
>4gallon paint tray (around 8L)
>He grabbed it and it tipped over.
>Paint flowing everywhere and I mean everywhere.
>I panic and grab the sheet that its spilled on and throw it on others.
>No use its soaked into the carpet.
>I tell him to go phone the boss
>His backpack is in the other room which is where his phone is, knocks over my paint tray
>16+ Liters of paint everywhere and I mean everywhere
>Her carpet was white... Now its purple.
>We had to remove the carpet redo it all, replace the trim and we lost 2700 dollars.
>Dan(e)? Lost his job on sight and me and my boss just looked at us with a fuck me face.
>She laughed about it and cried saying oh shit I get a new carpet.
>Fucking Dan(e) lol

whatca mean?

It's far more likely to have a braindead idiot as a coworker in these threads then like, genuinely shitty people.

was this dude's name archie by chance?

Gas station job stories time:
>Ask Cherry (thats her actual name lovely girl dumb as fuck though)
>Ask her to clean and refill the coco machines as I deal with customers
>Shes new so shes all happy about it
>I deal with customers as she works away
>She asks where are the bags of mix's (Toffee, Vanilla, Coco, Dark Chocolate Coco)
>I reply oh they are under the counter second row down
>She grabs the coffee packets
>She refilled all the things with coffee which clogged the machine
>I ended up cleaning it up.

>New story still training and working with Cherry
>We have a strict no pump activation policy
>its illegal in Canada its pay then pump.
>Customer comes in and asks her to start it
>She does and he goes out and starts pumping.
>He pumped over 600 dollars worth before I asked why the pump is on
>(I was in the back stocking the coolers)
>She said oh he wanted it turned on
>He ends up driving off without paying
>It came off her paycheck.
>She was fired the next day for selling underage

I've had shitty coworkers and stupid ones. I am just telling stories because I am bored.

>when it was due from 300 to 100 a month like that sounds even remotely reasonable
People can get decently sized studio apartments for $300.

Really, his only real space is probably a tiny, jail sized room.
That should be anywhere from $50 to $100 at most.

A communal kitchen and restroom is not your own.
It's not segregated, so people will be in and out of that space all of the time.
To pay equally while not having fixed boundaries on what you pay is ridiculous.
Due to the dynamic and non-private nature of communal kitchens and restrooms, they are worth less than private kitchens and restrooms.
The same goes for recreational areas.

If there are 3 people, 15ft of space, and $15 of cost,
then if each person gets their own 5ft of space, the cost will be $5 each.
If it's communal then it's not a private space, and therefore not worth as much as private space.

A small house with the same amount of space as an apartment is worth more than the apartment, because of the privacy.

However, that doesn't mean he wasn't an unpleasantly.
Not paying rent on time, that's not cool.
Being a dick, that's not cool.

But, overreacting to these things is also not cool.
By being emotional, you've made things more not-chill, and therefore made yourself a dick.

America put weapons in Turkey. The Soviets didn't like that, so the Soviets put weapons in Cuba.
America didn't like that, and then forcefully created a blockade, and demanded that the Soviet weapons be removed, like a fucking dickhead asshole.
America was willing to negotiate, so they ended up talking it out.
They agreed on America removing his bullshit from Turkey, and the Soviets agreed to remove their bullshit in Cuba.

Also, you should be more understanding.
The guy's got a broken relationship with someone who used to be his life partner, as well as a broken relationship with his kid.
On top of that he has to pay child support.
He's got emotional weights on his shoulders, and drugs made it a little lighter.

Too many to share honestly. Take my bump instead.

Nah, his name was Neil Carlson.

Drugs are a stupid way to deal with your problems, but he has problems.

Everybody has responsibilities, everybody has their own shit to worry about.
That doesn't mean you have to be an emotional and selfish asshole.
Everybody gets down at some point in their life.
It's selfish to not help someone out.
Not everybody is equally strong, but everybody has a limit as to what they can handle.
When you can't handle something, the only thing you can do is receive help from others.

Imagine this:
You end up with something you can't handle, you're broken, and you can't pick yourself up, you were too weak, even though you were stronger than other people.
A man sees you broken, defeated, and knows that only he can help you.
He looks at you, and he tells you that you were too weak to handle the hardship.
He tells you that you're a stain on the ground, and an obstruction in his path.
He kicks you over, and then grabs you by the balls and then throws you out of the way.
He then moves on.

Gas station still:
New girl Krystal
>10/10 would plow til next July
>The chores of the store was on a list that has to be done by the end of the day
>Last chore clean the washrooms
>I have done everything else, stock the coolers, safe counts, smoke counts, etc etc etc the list was huge
>She refuses and I ask her why
>Her response because its gross.
>I reply well you have too, I've done everything.
>She replies I don't have too
>I reply yes you do I am the assisting manager
>She walks off grumbling and swearing
>I start doing my counts for closing (12pm)
>Customers come in as I deal with them no issues
>She comes out saying No I cant
>I ask her why
>because someone didn't flush the toilet
>Are you fucking kidding me?
>I end up cleaning the washrooms because this dumb bitch is to much of a pussy.
>Come out asking her if she has done the counts
>No why?
>Ffs 12pm roles by and shes like oh its time to go.
>She left without even counting anything like she openly just bailed the fuck out of the door.
>I was stuck there counting lottery, the safe, my til, the other 2 tills, their lottery, and the smokes and prepping for tomorrows shifts.
>I was there till 3 am because she bailed on me because she couldn't be bothered to help me.
>She got fired after I reported that to the boss.
>She told me that I should go fuck myself because I was rude and "dominating over her"
>Dumb bitch is now doing Crack. Not a word of a lie lol

Our rent was 1k a month, plus utilities. I charged him 300, plus I fed him with food I bought with my paycheck, and both me and the other roommate drove him to work. I wouldn't mind if he wasn't comfortable with 300 bucks a month, I let him see what he was getting which was essentially our entire living room because we didn't use it. We didn't have a fuckload of furniture and mainly stuck to our rooms so for all intensive purposes the living room was his "room". If he would have said "Nah thats not worth 300", I wouldn't have taken him in. He seemed fine with the cost for what he was getting up until he had to pay his 2nd months rent.

Also nigga this is seattle good luck finding a studio that isn't rat infested for less then 600 bux.

I got more anyone want me to go on?

You could try human resources?

Of course

Then I shall go on lemme start typing some more out.

Honestly as much as I want to believe in the beautiful workflow Ouija board that is "HR" I know that 90% of the time it's more of a hassle and doesn't get you the resolution you want. Either they don't get fired and end up immediately hating you forever and making things awful for you, or they do get fired and all their friends at work treat you like garbage.
HR "anonymous complaints" are fairly transparent. Especially when the HR staff that i've dealt with have all been gossipy fucking bitches, everywhere from Ashley Furniture to fucking Amazon.

I would if we had human resources but we dont, we have less than i think 30 people where i work and i am only one of about 10 full time workers. Believe me, I wish it was that easy. The guy routinely speeds 20mph over the limit on busy days weaving in and out of traffic, constantly distracted on his phone while driving, constantly busy with his finger about 3 knuckles deep in his nose, and follows cars on the interstate at less than a two second space.

>Used to work in kitchen
>Perpetually low on spinach dip despite making tons
>No idea why
>Eventually we find out that some server steals spinach dip from the cooler every shift
>Like we got her on camera, she'd walk in and grab portion cups of spinach dip and hide them in her purse
It was kinda weird

Still working at the gas station but I found a weekend job at a local resort.
>Resort is nice fancy all dressed up
>My job clean room 69 (hehe funny I know)
>We called it the love room among the staff.
>Anyway to the story
>My job clean room 69, 72, 75, and couple others.
>A crew of 6 people so 2 per room
>We go into room 69 and gag on smell.
>Its been hotboxed in some sort of perfume so we let air out.
>about 15 minutes later we enter the room to see the horrors that have occurred in there
>Not kidding you when I say there was a dildo the size of my arm. Girthy as hell
>We pick it up with gloves and put in the "lost ad found part of the cart"
> we keep on going through the room cleaning up the garbage random condoms and stuff alike no biggy. #Gloves4Dayz
>Start cleaning
>We can't seem to find this odd smell
>Kinda like shit no clue where it is
>Looking under the bed thinking its there.
>Nothing
>Look in the washroom nothing
>Kitchen nothing
>Where is it?
>Kelly had stepped in human shit (we think its human. They didn't have a dog)
>Kelly had walked around the whole room smearing crap everywhere.
>She ran away from the room as I told the manager to close off this room for deep cleaning.
>Best day ever.
>Condoms and dildos and stuff alike was very common and I've gotten use to finding them.

>We didn't have a fuckload of furniture and mainly stuck to our rooms so for all intensive purposes the living room was his "room".
It really wasn't.
It's like setting up a tent in front of a McDonalds.
If you close the zipper flap, most people won't bother you, some won't even notice you. People won't really acknowledge your existence.
That doesn't mean people aren't going to look around the outside of your tent.
Anybody, at any time, could walk into your tent.
Anybody, at any time, could just decide to walk on top of your tent instead of walk around it.
People, at any time, could start fucking with your tent poles.
People, at any time, could just open up your tent and stare at you.
Except, his tent's flap was open the whole time.
The only thing separating him from other people's car doors, and the front entrance of McDonalds.

Norton has a money-back guarantee.
Why? Because you really don't know what you're paying for until you try it.
Norton is a simple product, and doesn't play a big role in life, so if you don't think it was worth the full price, you can just get it refunded.

Living is a little different.
A home plays a major key role in your life.
You can't just decide you don't like your home after a month, and ask for your rent back.
You can't get your rent back, but it's completely reasonable to renegotiate a price on future rent.

>this is seattle good luck finding a studio that isn't rat infested for less than 600 bux
I have family in Seattle, and I sometimes visit for holidays and what not.
I stayed at a cousin's place maybe 2 years ago, stayed for about a week around Christmas time.
It was a studio apartment in Renton, he never had infestation problems, it was a decent size, had a separate room for the bath/shower and toilet and sink.
It had a kitchen with tile floors, a sink, counter, and fridge. It had a walk in closet, and carpet floor for the rest of the space.
It cost $400 at most with utilities already included in that cost.

The only complaint he had was that the walls were thin and you could hear the neighbors having sex.

Not so much worst coworker as best coworker
>Was line cook
>Every night I'd work with a dude named Paul
>Paul was a rotund, perfectly bald Italian guy from Florence
>Paul is constantly mad about literally nothing
>Making steak sandwich, drops bread slice on floor
>"WHAT THE FUCK MAN PIECE OF SHIT MOTHERFUCKER FUCKING THIS SHIT MAN......" like what the fuck Paul just grab a new one
>Made up for subpar english by just swearing constantly about everything
>Would tell me longwinded stories that, between the swearing and accent, are impossible to comprehend
>Always capped with his catchphrase: "You know what I always say man: one fuck one shit"
>Like "Fuck yeah Paul I totally understood that, one fuck one shit man."
I miss working with Paul

Gas station job not really funny more scary:
>I am working its past 12pm so the outside is only open
>small booth with a reg and a small amount of smokes
>Lady comes up high on something no clue
>She orders 45 dollars of Prem Gas for her car.
>I set it all up and she pays normal transaction.
>She starts pumping her gas into a car not worth my wallet which was empty. Heck I think the gas was worth more then the car.
>She pumps up and decides to drive away without hanging up the nozzle.
She ripped the pump nozzle off, spewing gas everywhere and since she started her car she had made a spark
>She lite the gas on fire by accident.
>I panic shut the pumps off rush out there with a fire estigluser (however you spell it)
>She got out of her car and ran away
>I ended up using the whole thing on the fire its no use.
>Use another barely anything
>Decide to run away with her
>The fire had lite the whole pump on fire at this point and same with my booth.
>The fire department came and put it out.
>boss was called and I got 2 weeks off paid
>Damn near died because of this dumb bitch.
>She was arrested for DUI and reckless endangerment.

Jesus Christ what a shit way to go.

Dude what, the living room had a door, it was isolated from the rest of the house, how dumb are you?

Very short story
>Bella's first day, showing her the safety buttons and where everything is
>I show her the silent alarm and told her to never touch it unless you have too
>Show her the foot one too
>She asks where it is
>She ended up hitting the silent alarm by trying to feel for it.
>8 police cars show up without 20 minutes with guns out.
>They search the area even after I say she hit it by accident.
>She wasn't fired but is still teased about it.
>Her Nickname Bella the Accident.
More?

Renton /=/ Seattle user, they are 2 different cities.

I work at Starbucks, there are ways to discreetly call the police while doing things with the safe and such, which always annoys the shit out of me because they're so easy to do by accident
>Counting before starting shift
>Phone rings
>"Hello this is the X Police Service we got an alarm from your store we're sending somebody by"
>Like fucking damn it no I just called you by accident

You have to be an idiot or a troll to leave out information (the living room had a door and was isolated from the rest of the house) and then call someone dumb for not knowing the specific information you left out.
It also doesn't change the fact that the rest of my post is right.
It also doesn't change the fact that you call it his own room, when you keep your shit (furniture) in it and he can't do shit about it.

Moar

It's part of the Seattle metropolitan area. It's the same place.

If you live in Washington and weren't born here, kill yourself or leave.

>Hey man. Thanks for the $300, here's your room. I'm going to put my antique coffee table and colossal hybrid human-dog penis statue in the space you paid for now, don't fuck with it.

I'm sorry for intruding on your territory a few short days out of the almost 400 days of each year.

No, it's not. Lmao. Renton is SE of seattle. Look at a fucking map. No one who lives in Seattle say they "live in Renton" though I'm sure people who live in Renton say they "live in Seattle".

That's like telling someone you live in L.A., and when they ask where you say "El Monte"

What part of "We didn't use it" did you skip over? The room was empty. It had nothing in it. It was for an intents and purposes a bedroom with no closet.

Eh, more painful then anything but anyway TIME TO POST AWAY
>Richard new guy at fencing job.
>Been working for about 1 year no issues.
>We rip couple 1x2's for trim around the panels.
>Using the table saw no issues.
>Its quite nippy out around -10C
>Richard is wearing a long jacket
>The blade ends up grabbing his jacking and sucking his arm in
>You know where this is going
>The blade cut from the top of his wrist up to mid forearm.
>He lived but blacked out
>He got rushed to the ER
>Depth was only around 1/2 inch luckily. (saved because of his bone)
>New requirement at work after, no mater what temp no jackets while running saws or any equipment that rotates including a fucking drill.
>Nothing like -10C in rain with no jacket. #FrostBite4Dayz

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_metropolitan_area
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_County,_Washington

>working new job at hotel
>guy who trains me is brazilian
>dumb as hell, I already knew his own job better than him because i was trained on the computer software for years
>first day on my own he doesnt show up to relieve me, end up working 16 hour shift
>repeat to him doing this once or twice a week, says he's "depressed and has anxiety"
>feel bad and give him some weed
>fast forward he fucks everything up, just hands keys out without writing room numbers, we are losing track of guests, checking people into dirty or occupied rooms because he wont look away from his fucking phone
>one day 500 bucks ends up missing
>watch him pocket it on camera
>he gets fired, replaced by insanely hot blonde chick

>The room was empty.
>We didn't have a fuckload of furniture

I'm an idiot because you made assumptions?
Dude what?

Reminds me, volunteered with Habitat for Humanity once and witnessed some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen
>Two guys are nailing a fence
>One guy is on one side with a nailgun, shooting in the nails
>Second guy is crouching on the other side directly behind the board watching

>One guy sets up a tablesaw to use
>Kickback aimed directly at basement window

>One guy sawed through his power cord

Etc. It was a unbelievable shitshow

>work in hospital kitchen
>full of aspies and drunks
>One extra dumb cunt named lisa
>hurt her neck some how doing fuck all
>takes a week off, goes to see doctor
>finally comes back
>tells us she has Ellen DeGeneres disease
>she has degenerative disk disease

This lady is a huge toad who can't remember the names of people she has worked with for 25 years

You should be, out-of-state scum. We don't want you here.

You want to tell me Tacoma is Seattle too, user?

So you took those 2 statements and assumed "The only furniture he did have must have been in the living room in some kind of coffeetable fort.

Yet another painful story and this one happened to me
>In the metal shop welding couple fence gates together (chainlink)
>Heating up the metal to weld them together no issues done this a million times.
>End up going to the lathe to make a cut in the metal so the Cap can be placed on it and welded.
>Made the cut all fine no issues
>Go over to the drill with a piece of sheet metal to drill and link the chainlink through.
>This is making no sense.
>Clamp the metal down or at least I thought.
>Sharp metal is sharp
>The drill grabbed the piece of metal and swung it like a knife
>I ended up getting hit mid arm by it. It cut from my mid arm to my pinkie.
>I ended up passing out and smashing my head into the ground
>My boss found me on the ground 1-2 minutes later
>Got rushed to the ER.
>Edit: it wasn't really that big, just a deep cut for 1 spot then a scratch to the rest. I did pass out and smash my head pretty good though. I remember getting stitches for that.

That cool map you posted, if you zoom out, shows Seattle to the NW.

You're an idiot because you made an assumption.
You're even more of an idiot because you asked if someone was dumb because you were dumb enough to make an assumption based off of your idiocy.

>I didn't tell him a few things but I'm going to assume he knows about those things anyway.

You could also just be posting b8 in an attempt to provoke an emotional response from me.
>not even mad.png

Tacoma is part of the Seattle Metropolitan area, one of the Seattle Metropolitan area's names is Seattle, therefore Tacoma is part of Seattle, which is the name of the Seattle Metropolitan area.

that really doesn't detract from him saying that the guy didn't pay for gas or food or utilities, user. I would live in some dudes living room for 300 a month if it meant I got to work for free and was fed.

Was anyone else surprised by the sheer number of people who were high-functioning illiterates?

People who suck shit at spelling and grammar always get me
Like shit nigga you probably went through the same education I did, and it was made pretty clear how to write and use these words

No, I'm assuming, not even assuming, but blatantly stating that you're a faggot with an antique coffee table as well as a colossal hybrid human-dog penis statue.

>talks about living room
>says they didn't have a lot of furniture
>says they mainly stuck to their own rooms, which separates this data from the data relating to the room
>no separation between the data bout the furniture and the living room
You might not understand how English works.

>for al lintensive purposes the living room was his "room"
You definitely don't understand English.

It's a doggy dog world out there user, asshole roommates are a diamond dozen.

Last summers job, I am actually not to happy about this because it has actually scared me a lot
>The man who I am not going to say who was for his own keepsake.
>anyway normal day falling trees and clearing pathways
>My job cleaning up the trail so the trucks can come in.
>My partner who we will call T
>T and me clearing away
>Hot summer +20ish
>Safety gear is all on no issues there
>T's chain snapped on his saw and it wrapped around his neck
>He would of lived if the end of his chain hadn't hit his artery
>He ended up bleeding out within seconds.
>Me, Taylor and couple others tried to help but there was no real use.
>he died within no time
>Emergency Vehicle hadn't even arrived 15+ minutes later because of engine issues.
>We shut down for a week with pay.
>Shame the way he went. Father of 3, married to a lovely lady. We still help support her. I send her around 50+ dollars a month just to help her.
>Now I wear a neckguard and so does everyone else in the company. Chainsaw chaps, shirt, gloves, arm guards, steel toe, neck, helmet and glasses. Head to toe in protection.

i have a boss who wont teach me anything and yet always seems to get annoyed when i dont do certain things.

i wanna call him out on his bullshit but hes boss. ive asked multiple times to show me how to do these things but the only replies i get are "its fine ill take care of it"

whatever man. ill just keep doing things wrong until he understands he needs to show me how.

Age 25 by the way.
T, father of 3: 2 daughters and 1 son
Sophie, Tina and Christian Wives name is Debra.
Ages 4, 2, and 6 months when this happened

damn son. sorry you had to experience that shit.
im curious tho, why was there no precautions taken for? was it just something that was not expected? a freak accident i guess?

I think I am done for now guys unless you really want me to keep on going.

Work in IT development for a large insurance company
> My job is telling developers what they need to develop
> Provide them the requirements, acceptence criteria, screenshots, mockups, everything
> All they need to do is code their bit and not fuck the entire claims system up
> This dev has been in the company for years
> Always sits in the middle of everyone
> Desk is covered in stupid shit
> Motivation posters, minion toys, brushes, other stupid things
> Wears these beads around his wrist
> Takes them off at his desk
> Constantly rubbing them when 'working something out'
> Krrk krrk krrk all the fucking time
> Hardly ever develops, just sits on WeChat all day
> One day our manager comes over and tells him to get off his phone
> Dev starts 'looking' like he's working
> Points wildly at the screen, stares at the screen with his hand contemplativley on his chin, talks to himself, asks tech leads really stupid questions
> Anyway
> Problem pops up and needs to be fixed asap
> He's assigned the task because it's simple
> Apply a filter to display certain results, based on the accident's location
> Krrk krrk krrk from the beads all day while he works
> Does the fix and shows it to me, proud of himself
> Test his fix, he didn't apply the filter
> Fixes again, asks me to take a look
> Seems fine
> Merges his code into the development release
> Every typelist in the system has been deleted except his
> Entire department's work is delayed by two days to fix, costs thousands

The funny thing is, my manager wants to fire him so badly. But because we're a large firm, HR makes it nearly impossible to get rid of employees.

I wasn't implying that it detracts from those things, and the facts of my posts still stand, as they weren't based on attempting to detract from him saying that in the first place.

>go to work for free
I'm sure that if it was always out of their way, they wouldn't have taken him.

>Hey, we're going almost exactly the same way, if not exactly the same way, but you can't come with us
>Yeah, I was going there and spending the same amount of resources to get there anyway, but you still can't come

>and was fed
He was probably trying to exaggerate, it's highly most likely he was trying to exaggerate to make his own actions seem more justified when they really weren't.

>have roommates
>one gets fat girlfriend
>she eats a shit ton
>we all pitch in for food money
>cooking bro pitches in the most
>he cooks every day and it's delicious
>she starts eating with us
>she eats more than twice as much as all of us combined
>she doesn't pay for food
>she takes food from the kitchen and hides in her boyfriend's room
>she stays there almost everyday
>she ate a whole roll of ground beef in one setting
>that was going to be our expensive dinner
That's what getting fed is.

The saws were all maintained his chain just snapped, it happens all the time. I myself have had my chain snap 5+ times, hitting knots or rocks, metal anything really can cause it break. This case was just a freak accident. The vehicle was down the hill 5 minutes away driving but when a engine doesn't start it does no real good.

using words like "shitlord" I'm guessing you're the real fuckwit in this scenario, what'd he do that's so bad? uphold the patriarchy? cat call some slut? he hurt your fee fees?

damn yo. did the company compensate the family? and did they also compensate you? i could only imagine the psychological trauma watching someone bleed to death can cause.

i once saw a murdered body when i was a kid. i didnt even see blood or anything and that shit terrified me for weeks.

I have this feeling that I am a bad coworker. I don't have great social skills and hate milking it, there is plenty of work that needs done and there is absolutely no fucking reason to milk it or to do stupid shit.

>they hire this dude because "he's family"
>he's management
>no one knows what the hell he does
>big box store needs an adjustment done to the shelving
>on a friday at 330PM on the first of the month (food stamp money is out full force)
>"hey user lets go to big box store and fix their shelving"
>oh no we're not
>secretary's jaw rolls off the floor
>"why not?"
>well lets see, its friday, first of the month and its 330PM, so you have after school shopping going on, you have first of the month SS checks out AND food stamps money out. And we would have to be in that aisle take every piece of product out of the shelf, fix the shelf and put the product back in
>"so whats wrong?"
>hey if you want to do it go ahead, im not doing it till middle of the month.

another co worker, love him to death, but jeeesus

>while cleaning out a refrigerator at the store
>putting product back in it
>while reaching product to me says loud enough for everyone around us to hear
>"THIS ONE IS OUT OF DATE PUT IT IN FRONT"
he was new, but jesus christ

The fuck are you jabbering on about old man?

The family got disclosed amount, I got nothing which doesn't bother me. Money isn't going to solve my issue. It doesn't keep me up at night but it does give me the odd nightmare.

>offer same joke guy under table off the record room for under table off the record price
>sounds reasonable to same joke guy
>he moves in but user already has his money
>same joke guy lives there
>finds out it's less than user implied he was getting
>same joke guy finds out user was just making him pay premium price for the shit user ended up giving him
>tries to renegotiation
>user wasn't having no renegotiation
>user is the man of the house
>user only has things his way and that's final
>user is getting angry
>user is hurt that he wont get his way
>user is hurt that same joke guy told him the cold hard truth about how user made people pay for gold and then gave them compressed and hardened elephant manure
>user starts verbally attacking same joke user
>user has no regard for what same joke user went through
>user calls same joke guy insulting names to try and hurt him
>user says that the place is his territory
>user defends his territory like a very mature adult

Obvious troll is obvious

All you young people are stupid and do stupid things.

damn, glad to see you are not severely effected by it. some people develop ptsd from that shit.
have you not reconsidered your choice in work?

Server here.

We have a guy that works evenings to help with the work load. His job is to make salads and deep fry appetizers and shit. Now all servers know how to do this shit, and even the new people only take about a minute to do this.

This fucker takes like 5 fucking minutes to do literally anything. Dude has like legit autism, so we can't fire him or the company could get sued. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't walk around as slow as a fucking one-legged midget. If you're walking towards this fucker, he doesn't move at all, fucking stands in the walkway like a retarded statue. And he needs a fucking therapist to come in to check on him, to make sure he isn't fucking tarding out and wrecking shit.

This fucking autistic shit has single-handedly made me want to euthanize anyone that has some form of mental retardation.

Every job has risks, Fencing machine injuries, Painting falling and machine injuries, chainsawing machine injuries, gas station robbery and people. I don't have ptsd but did suffer depression from it for a couple of months and did seek help. Changed the way I look at safety gear

Not so much of a terrible coworker story because the guy turned out to be cool but he almost killed me a couple times
First story
>Work in finishing cellars in a brewery
>have to go in tanks to clean them after beer is done
>Gotta air out all the CO2 because pressure in the tank will literally blow the door off and kill you
>Two doors to tank, one in back for a fan and one in front for a vacuum
>Back door is way easier to open than front door.
>Sent the new guy to the back to set up the fan while I opened the front to attach the vacuum
>New guy forgot to wait till we were all set up to plug the fan in
>Get the front door open and am greeted by a fuck load of pure CO2
>Started to black out and fell far enough away from the door that I could breathe again

Almost got killed by other new team with caustic if anyone is interested in more stories.

>the literal personification of Ed from Ed Edd and Eddy.
NOICE

It was a 49 mile drive from our place to the furniture store we worked at.

People usually move to Seattle city to get closer to their work.
What the fuck were you doing?

> working in retail for a brand
> have to compete for sales amongst other brands/sale reps
> have another older woman on my brand, J
> when I join she's excited to have someone on her team
> "don't trust anyone, they're all desperate for sales"
> whatever, over time become good at sales
> work all the night shifts, with every second weekend
> brand only cares about the brand sales, not personal
> almost consistently trump J in sales p/h
> she's jealous
> when we work together tries to steal customers from me
> will be at the counter closing the sale, she'll rock and say 'let me show you this'
> never unpacks stock or cleans the counters, leaves it to me
> claims walk-ups are hers, they've come back
> reviews my sales the day after
> "Oh I remember this man, he was going to buy this for his daughter
> "So I'll take this sale, since I did the work"
> tell her that wasn't the customer
> J accuses me of turning on her, that the other sale reps have "poisoned my mind"
> starts screaming and throwing tantrums when I get customers
> customers start complaning because she's so annoying
> constantly gives me shit, makes it really hard to work there
> area manager finally does something after heaps of complaints
> have a meeting, told I need 'to be nicer in my tone'
> have a feeling J was threatened with losing her job because she was nice for a few weeks after
> everything was bearable until I mentioned a special promotion was happening
> "why don't you tell me this, you're sabotaging my sales"
> look at her sales that day - abysmal
> refuses to work on the weekend becasue she's distressed
> eventually quit because I find a real job
> J doesn't even say goodbye, even though I raised our brand's store ranking from 20th to 7th
> J is fired from the store two months later for making obscenly racist remarks to other sales reps
> causes such a fuss she has to be escorted by security
> sad because I missed it

>Changed the way I look at safety gear
and now youve opened my eyes to the importance of safety gear. thanks for sharing your experience user. good luck with life bro!

lolkek

I rubbed a co-worker's chap stick on my arsehole.

Stay safe. Better to take longer and have a limb then be done and missing a arm. I could tell more stories if you really want but I dont really feel up to it.

I can't believe this effort post you made. please tell me this is copypaste

hahahah

kinda wishing there were pics of these grills posted

who writes this shit?

+1

The Filipinos would tie their limbs to keep blood in their vital areas.
The Filipinos charged the American troops with machetes.
The Filipinos would get shot but would take longer to bleed out.
The Filipinos would get close and slice the American throats and stab them before dying from the gunshot wounds.
The Americans started using heavier side arms that would make dealing with the Filipinos more easily.
They also started using their leather necks.